PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood Assassins Feature

TheJackalsDoom
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
In brotherhood players could use birds to order around 10 recruited assassins and upgrade them and whatnot. I have yet to see anything about this returning for Revelations. Can someone either confirm the status of this?

Sorry if this was already asked, I looked and was unable to locate this topic anywhere.

Artiphex
10-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TheJackalsDoom:
In brotherhood players could use birds to order around 10 recruited assassins and upgrade them and whatnot. I have yet to see anything about this returning for Revelations. Can someone either confirm the status of this?

Sorry if this was already asked, I looked and was unable to locate this topic anywhere.

I thought you could have 15 recruits now and do some missions together with them. Please correct me if i'm wrong

LightRey
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
What birds? there were no birds.

EDIT: Oh you mean the carrier pigeons.

Yes, that will be returning.

TheJackalsDoom
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

You would use the bird cages located throughout Rome to give directions. They looked like weird tree-houses.

Edit: Oh! could you point me in the direction of where this is confirmed or where there are details?

LightRey
10-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TheJackalsDoom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

You would use the bird cages located throughout Rome to give directions. They looked like weird tree-houses.

Edit: Oh! could you point me in the direction of where this is confirmed or where there are details? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, it was a leaked screenshot. It was removed and I'm not allowed to post it.

TheJackalsDoom
10-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheJackalsDoom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Edit: Oh! could you point me in the direction of where this is confirmed or where there are details? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, it was a leaked screenshot. It was removed and I'm not allowed to post it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally fine. Ive just been around long enough to know to ask for confirmation on anythng instead of just taking people's words. I'll keep looking.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 05:57 PM
But we've had interviews that confirmed this for ages. Hell, even some of the official videos have recruits in the background.

In Brotherhood there were 12 Asssassins. I don't know the limit for Revelations, but I assume it's the same. The Assassins will have 15 levels now, instead of 10. We will have more ways to recruit them than just saving them from guards. They will be a sort of addition to side missions and the random mission system. For example, we can recruit a woman who is a pick-pocket. You notice her skills, tail her, and when you talk to her you recruit her. You can also get recruits just from helping people and they decide to join you.

As you can see, the recruits will have more personality. To expand on that, you will be able to go on a mission with them when they reach Level 10 and Level 15. I think you'll also be able to talk to them in a more in-depth way.

You can only get recruits in an area where there is an Assassin Den, and those Assassins are part of that Den. When they reach level 15 and become a Master Assassin, they will protect that den.

LightRey
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
But we've had interviews that confirmed this for ages. Hell, even some of the official videos have recruits in the background.

In Brotherhood there were 12 Asssassins. I don't know the limit for Revelations, but I assume it's the same. The Assassins will have 15 levels now, instead of 10. We will have more ways to recruit them than just saving them from guards. They will be a sort of addition to side missions and the random mission system. For example, we can recruit a woman who is a pick-pocket. You notice her skills, tail her, and when you talk to her you recruit her. You can also get recruits just from helping people and they decide to join you.

As you can see, the recruits will have more personality. To expand on that, you will be able to go on a mission with them when they reach Level 10 and Level 15. I think you'll also be able to talk to them in a more in-depth way.

You can only get recruits in an area where there is an Assassin Den, and those Assassins are part of that Den. When they reach level 15 and become a Master Assassin, they will protect that den.
He's not asking if there will be recruits, but if they can be sent on missions in the same way they could be in ACB with the carrier pigeons.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
The missions will be in the format of the Den defense missions: you can assign recruits to them to handle them for you, or go with them and control it directly.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 06:15 PM
That's not true Calvarok. There is the Mediterranean Defense mini-game, which is the same thing as in Brotherhood, but you send your recruits there to also lower the Templar influence in the city and claim it for the Assassins.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
That's not true Calvarok. There is the Mediterranean Defense mini-game, which is the same thing as in Brotherhood, but you send your recruits there to also lower the Templar influence in the city and claim it for the Assassins.
Yes, but once you've claimed it you'll need to protect it against Templar attacks. To do so it's the same thing as the dens.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not even sure where people got the idea that you can send recruits to protect the Dens in your place. That's just the Master Assassins...

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Actually, you CAN send recruits to do that. The attack is decided by a percentage based on rank just like the contracts, then.

Master Assassins stop attacks from happenning at all.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 06:26 PM
source?

Animuses
10-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Assassin Recruits may even be undercover Templars and they can take over dens.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 07:58 PM
...source?

Animuses
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Myself... since I made it up.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh, I thought you said it was confirmed. >.<

Lass4r
10-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Ezio having a conversation with one of his recruits about the defence of the Assassins Den =)

<span class="ev_code_RED">Link removed due to copyright.</span>