PDA

View Full Version : urusetup crashes when checking for updates

kgish
12-02-2003, 05:25 AM
If I start uru, go to the update tab and then click on the [Check for updates]-Button, urusetup crashes after running through a bunch of checks, downloads, whatever (all too fast to figure out exactly what is happening).

I am not sure if the update went alright, because the second time I try this (after having restarted uru), the update seems do work, e.g. does nothing.

Any ideas about this?

kgish
12-02-2003, 05:25 AM
If I start uru, go to the update tab and then click on the [Check for updates]-Button, urusetup crashes after running through a bunch of checks, downloads, whatever (all too fast to figure out exactly what is happening).

I am not sure if the update went alright, because the second time I try this (after having restarted uru), the update seems do work, e.g. does nothing.

Any ideas about this?

TonyMc
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Hey kgish

Dunno if i had the exact same problem.. but whilst urusetup was checking for updates it stopped responding, although the update seemed to have been downloaded.Checking my processor activity I noticed it was maxed out.. I tried doing the manual update/patch from the website, This helped me get past the loading stuff but then still crashed after displaying 2 secs of the game... I built a totally new box to play Uru on http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif( this works..
Sorry couldn't be more helpfull

Ted_Koppel
12-02-2003, 03:17 PM
I had a similar problem with the "urusetup" window. Sometimes it would crash before I could click on any of the tabs.

I eventually figured out that turning off anti-virus software and anti-spyware programs made everything run perfectly.
I use AntiVir and Spybot. It could be some sort of conflict with those programs running at the same time as Uru.