PDA

View Full Version : Maximun realism in IL-2

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Salute all!

I was wondering why,with maximun realism , fuel indicator is always in the same position (FULL!) and when the engine overheat it doesn't make any difference and engine continue to go and go and go .... somebody of you could explain me this ?

Thanks
Andrea.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Salute all!

I was wondering why,with maximun realism , fuel indicator is always in the same position (FULL!) and when the engine overheat it doesn't make any difference and engine continue to go and go and go .... somebody of you could explain me this ?

Thanks
Andrea.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:25 PM
S!
A lot of A/C carry more fuel than the gauge can indicate,
the needle won't move until the fuel level gets down to e.g.75% (varies according to A/C)
Your engine will sieze up eventualy, how soon depends again on the A/C.

http://www.uploadit.org/files/250903-P-40_wipeout.jpg

"Any information that we receive concerning the real world is carefully controlled"

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Actually, the IL-2 can take even more fuel.
Try to fill it up with 25% fuel and watch the gauge then.
Most aircrafts dont display fuel-tank status, but litres/gallons of fuel left, and some aircrafts start with a number way below the capacity of the fuel-tanks (use droptanks and it gets even worse).

If you dont believe me, jump into a 109E and take 25% fuel, go into a 15 minute dogfight and perform a forced landing then /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

And:
Overheating can take up to 10 minutes to damage the engine, depends on aircraft, RPM and Radiator-settings.

Good luck !