PDA

View Full Version : whistleing death

BSS_CUDA
10-30-2004, 05:38 PM
where's my whisteling death??????
I dont hear it in the sairs. am I just missing it or is it not there?

TX-WarHawk
10-30-2004, 05:59 PM
No, it's just the poor generic sound man. Nothing worthy to hear.

Gutang
10-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I just got this game and being a huge corsair fan this was the first thing I noticed. How on earth could they have overlooked one of its defining characteristics!?

TX-WarHawk
10-30-2004, 07:16 PM
It's an engine limtation, you'll notice that the sound used for the corsair may be equal to another plane in the whole IL2 series.

Gutang
10-30-2004, 07:49 PM
The whistling sound wasnt created by the engine (It was created by the wing intakes) so that has nothing to do with it.
It could be simply be a sound effect that plays when the plane reaches the required speed, the same way the buffeting/creaking sounds queue in during high speed or extreme maneuvers.

zeppelin5000
10-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Ya know guys, i've never heard the corsair so I figured i'd look up a sound clip.......man o man....what a beautiful sound! Check this site out for a sound clip. Choose what you want to hear it in on the left hand side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
for a sound clip.
http://www.aircraftrecords.com/productI_frame.html

LStarosta
10-30-2004, 07:54 PM
One easy way to do it.

Climb to 30,000 feet.

Engage Full Throttle.

Engage WEP.

Engage 100% Prop Pitch.

Dive to the deck.

You'll be hearing lotsa whistling...

heywooood
10-30-2004, 07:55 PM
if you set an empty soda can in front of an electric fan at just the right angle and place the whole kinarption somewheres behind yourself whilst simming, you should be fine....they dont call me a 'fanboy' for nothing you know.

Heuristic_ALgor
10-30-2004, 10:16 PM
You gotta be standing on the ground to hear this effect Dave... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Texas LongHorn
10-31-2004, 12:02 AM
Woood- didja' ever stand behind the fan and say "use the force Luke!. It gives a great effect. You're cracking me up buddy, by all means keep it up <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

Hans_Philipp
10-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Perhaps !C Maddox should some of those CDs and start building up a sound engine that isn't such a put off as the one we have now.

stansdds
10-31-2004, 01:24 PM
After seeing a few Corsairs flying at airshows I must say that it is not that easy to hear. Yes, there is a slight whistling sound as the plane passes by, but it isn't a screaming sound like a Stuka. Of course, the Stuka used a wind powered siren to create that fear instilling noise.

kalo456
11-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Hello,

Not to shoot you down or anything but as someone said you couldn't hear the whistle in the cockpit. It was created by the cooler inlets in the leading edge of the wingroots.

As some one else said, I was just at the Miramar air show a few weeks ago. They had a Corsair that made a bunch of passes over the area I was standing and I never heard a whistle. I think the plane had to be in a dive, at a nice speed to hear the whistle. Also probably if you heard it, you were lucky to be alive after it completed it's pass.

Kalo