PDA

View Full Version : speed in multi player

Ritter_Cuda
02-20-2005, 08:55 AM
ok I'm new but I like the p-38 but my question is about speed. the p38 act like a fast plane in it's dive and turn rate and take off but when i'm on the straight and level chashing someon They pull away. now I've changed planes and the same thing happens. It seem like no matter what i fly the other guy pull away. the severs I choice are NOT full real most have paddocks and wonder view. but I'm wondering what i'm i doing wrong? prop pitch auto on a p38? or should I now learn to play with that or is it mixture? If I could just get another 10kmh then i would keep up or catch up
thanks for the help
Cuda

Ritter_Cuda
02-20-2005, 08:55 AM
ok I'm new but I like the p-38 but my question is about speed. the p38 act like a fast plane in it's dive and turn rate and take off but when i'm on the straight and level chashing someon They pull away. now I've changed planes and the same thing happens. It seem like no matter what i fly the other guy pull away. the severs I choice are NOT full real most have paddocks and wonder view. but I'm wondering what i'm i doing wrong? prop pitch auto on a p38? or should I now learn to play with that or is it mixture? If I could just get another 10kmh then i would keep up or catch up
thanks for the help
Cuda

Zeus-cat
02-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Ritter_Cuda,

The P38 is a fast plane. If someone is pulling away from you or holding their distance, try the following.
1) Use a climb and dive technique. Dive a little to pick up speed, fly level a bit and then and then climb a little so you don't lose altitude. Repeat.
2) Close your radiator for even more speed (less drag). Watch for engine overheating!
3) Changing your prop pitch will let your props bite more air, but that makes your engines work harder. Watch for engine overheating!
4) Trim your plane so that you minimze drag.

Zeus-cat