PDA

View Full Version : Things that annoy you

dragonraider00
11-22-2010, 04:39 PM
This is not a thread to cry about things that should be changed and so on. Just a place for fellow players to voice their opinions on things that annoy them the most.

The thing that annoys me the most is when I see some random person walking straight at me. It's pretty obvious that they're my pursuer so I think to myself, "I'm gonna stun them and show them what they deserve for being obvious!" So I finally get to them and as I expected a giant 'B' appears over their head. I'm already pounding the B button because it was obvious they were the pursuer, but to my dismay they managed to kill me as my persona is reaching their arm out to punch. Something about this really just frustrates me.

EDIT: The part about this one that annoying me the most is that they get high points for the kill even though I knew they were my pursuer (was in the middle of stun animation)

Another thing I find annoying and hilarious at the same time is when I kill my target and his other pursuer just happens to be right there (giving me the poacher bonus) and, out of anger, they throw down a smoke bomb and walk away.

So what annoys you?

Flincher2007
11-22-2010, 04:44 PM
People who think the stun should beat an assassination.

People who run around.

Teammates who run around.

Getting shot.

Dressed female characters.

Slow matchmaking.

etc..

Still best freaking game ever

dragonraider00
11-22-2010, 04:55 PM

QFT

Nadool
11-22-2010, 04:56 PM
The only things that really annoy me are:

When the lock icon or kill button appear on what you know to be your target, and the last millisecond it just happens to switch to a different character and you lose your contract when you had an easy kill.

People who play Alliance on Monterigioni and just camp the part of the map where no NPCs are waiting for their attackers.

And the last one is tricky because I don't know which part annoys me more...in Alliance when you go after your target and both of the teammates are there. They stun you one after the other after the other and there is nothing you can do about it. The other part that could be more annoying is that your teammate sucks and doesn't come at least try to help.

Check the PS3 top 10 lists. Most of them just sit there and get 5-10 stuns in a row by stunning over and over. You can counter by hitting triangle or XBox equivalent and that will desync you.

DeafAtheist
11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
People who camp out on the rooftops.
People who run around like they're playing a FPS.
People who run around on the rooftops.
People who complain that the stun isn't balanced (Hint: It's not supposed to be balanced!)

SirPhist
11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Getting assassinated from the rooftops, thats annoying.

Guns. They frustrate the hell out of me. This ain't call of duty.

Poison

Getting stunned is annoying. But it's respectable enough because I know it's just like an assassination.

Civilians are dumb and annoying. I'll even try to imitate their stupid movements (stop, turn, spin turn, run for 3 steps, etc).

It's more funny to me than annoying, but also annoying. Panickers. If I locate my target in a group without using vision and I enter the group, I revele at standing (walking) with my target for a good 5+ seconds before completing the contract. I get annoyed when the target panicks for no reason and takes off, "Why you runnin? I'm just an NPC." Now I gotta chase them down so they die out of breath.

DeafAtheist
11-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SirPhist:
Getting assassinated from the rooftops, thats annoying.

Guns. They frustrate the hell out of me. This ain't call of duty.

People shoot you on the rooftops from the ground because it's an easier and quicker 100pt kill than exposing yourself by climbing up there and getting into a chase with a rooftop camper. So if you are gonna camp on rooftops you're gonna get shot too.

Raisendori
11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
i like annoying people by throwing firecrackers when they steal my kill or they lose their contracts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wile E Coyoteee
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
1: People who get rewarded for doing nothing. This infuriates me far, far greater than anything else in this game. For example, I spawn out in the open road with no NPC's around, and practically before my screen is even done being fuzzy upon spawning, I'll take all of maybe 3 steps before getting shanked for 800pts+ because I happened to spawn right next to my killer. My only guess is they were on a 2x bonus, idk.

2: Very very close to as infuriating as #1, is when you go through the trouble of setting up an area for a Lure, using Blend for example, and then your pursuer walks (or runs) by and completely randomly picks you out of the crowd, even when you do something smart like position yourself closest to the wall (since most people blend in to the outer edges).. All when they came from around the side of a massive building and you've been waiting there a while, so you KNOW they didn't see you go there. I've don't think I've used the C-word more in the last year than I have in one 10-minute game session of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

3: Idk if it's occasional lag spikes or what, but every once in a great while, I'll be stalking an NPC because my radar is full or damn near.. I stab the NPC and lose the contract. I look around for my missed target, and when I see the icon? My real target is like a good 35% of the map away, not running. Wtf??

4: People who somehow magically start the first kill of the game with at least 600 points on me, not using poison and being too low level to even have it, from the ground, and not even on a ledge. I have no idea how this is even possible. It'll be situations where like, I turn a corner right into them or something, so they didn't get focus bonus either. And even if they got focus bonus AND incognito, that would only be 550. Let's theoretically pretend that they Focus Bonused me (but they didn't), for 550, where would the extra 50 come from? There are no poacher bonuses because the game will have just started 15 seconds ago, and the HUD only shows 1 on me as usual. Where's it coming from? Horribly annoying!

5: I was going to put runners in this spot, but.. I just now learned the absolutely wonderful world of throwing knives. The description is wrong. It doesn't slow someone 10% for 3.5 seconds.. It cripples them for 3.5 seconds, they limp at a crawling speed basically, not to mention it's great for roof climbers. Instead of shooting them for 100pts, you throw a knife in their back and watch them fall 30ft and then get an incognito or silent kill when they land at your feet, LoL. The best ever is now I'm using poison and throwing knives, and when your target is alllllmost in reach and then starts jogging, you can knife em and still get an incognito or silent poison kill depending on how close you are. It's 5x funnier when your target suddenly zips by slightly out of range from left to right while running and you stop em dead in their tracks with a knife and then stab em in the liver with the Footpad, LoL. I'm in love with them! I do miss my smoke bomb stuns though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.. But, you can always throwing knife your pursuer and run away if need be I think?

6: When you set someone up to smoke bomb stun them, but they figure it out just in time and stop 1 pixel short http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

7: Getting throwing knifed

8: Getting poisoned, because I feel like an idiot for letting them get that close to me without ever noticing, LoL.

All that said, I'm thoroughly addicted to this game and love it! :P

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 06:12 PM
People who say things like this annoy me:

Originally posted by dragonraider00:
The thing that annoys me the most is when I see some random person walking straight at me. It's pretty obvious that they're my pursuer so I think to myself, "I'm gonna stun them and show them what they deserve for being obvious!" So I finally get to them and as I expected a giant 'B' appears over their head. I'm already pounding the B button because it was obvious they were the pursuer, but to my dismay they managed to kill me as my persona is reaching their arm out to punch. Something about this really just frustrates me.
Sorry.

What annoys me most is when I'm walking calmly while blended in a group, and am right on top of my target, especially when I've just identified them, then another person drops down on top of me before I get the kill.

MrKnox122
11-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Flincher2007:

People who run around.

Getting shot.

Slow matchmaking.

etc..

agree with you

Wile E Coyoteee
11-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Oh! I forgot to add:

When you line up a massive point kill, you've got focus 1 second away from locking in, and as you're about to hit X, another guy sprints from half the map away and kills your target for a measly 100pts and then sprints away, getting killed 15 steps later by his pursuer.

*SIGH*

Trie215
11-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey all! I'm new here, but this MP has got me firmly by the short hairs and by the looks of it, will have me for a while!

Anyway, the things that annoy me the most are:

-people who seem to exclusively use the gun, I mean, I feel like they are just TRYING to be ironic or something. Getting unnecessarily shot by the same dude 3 or 4 times just seems too much.

-When you set up a smoke bomb and stun your pursuer from behind, and still wind up dying.

-Constantly having the runner/roofer of the match as my target. And I just cant bring myself to kill an npc on purpose to get rid of it.

That's about it, which is one reason I love this game so much. I can't complain too much.

Also, I hate listening to people on their mics for most games. But it can really be satisfying to assassinate someone and hear a nice disappointed "OOOOH!".

luth411
11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
It's more funny to me than annoying, but also annoying. Panickers. If I locate my target in a group without using vision and I enter the group, I revele at standing (walking) with my target for a good 5+ seconds before completing the contract. I get annoyed when the target panicks for no reason and takes off, "Why you runnin? I'm just an NPC." Now I gotta chase them down so they die out of breath.

So you find it funny that people see you coming from a mile away and force you to enter a chase or lose the tail? I guess smart things can be funny things, too. It only takes 3 seconds to gain the focus bonus.

I believe there's a bonus or an achievement or something you get for being close to your pursuer without getting caught. The players probably think it's funny you help them with that, too!

MR-SMITH1994
11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
hidden gun

Xkorpio_769
11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Dressed female characters

LOL
Do you want them naked? Just kidding.

rocketxsurgeon
11-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I hate;

*Roof Campers.

*People who run around.

*People who decide to randomly hide in hay bales even though its so obvious.

*When im in the animation of stunning someone and they end up killing me.

*When i walk past someone and have a feeling they're my pursuer and they end up killing me.

*When i'm running away from someone and they manage to fly half way across the map and kill me.

Xkorpio_769
11-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
People who complain that the stun isn't balanced (Hint: It's not supposed to be balanced!)

Dude, if you wanna nail people who are on the rooftops, just get a corner kill and drag him off. Or if your desperate, use a gun. Or you could just pretend your not his pursuer, and slowly pick him off. If you hate it just kill a civvy and you'll be assigned a different contract. And the radius of assassination is way bigger than the area of stun, so always run, unless you surprise your opponents first.

MR-SMITH1994
11-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
I hate;

*Roof Campers.

*People who run around.

*When i walk past someone and have a feeling they're my peruser and they end up killing me.

*When i'm running away from someone and they manage to fly half way across the map and kill me.
lol i tottaly agree with you

nm0322
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
The most frustrating situation has to be when you have your target identified and you're 3 steps away from them but someone comes sprinting at you and kills you (cmon dude you just cost me a 600 point kill for a merely 100 points). I do admire the ones that completely fool me tho so I don't get annoyed by those I just get in my payback mentality. Also, another frustrating thing is getting smoke bombed or firecracked, I cannot stress enough how much that frustrates me (I understand if I'm chasing you and you need to use it but when me and you are neither hunting each other or running from each other and you used it on the same area that i'm standing on and it messes up my concentration it really frustrates me). I also do NOT agree with those who think getting their stun countered is annoying, I mean it is, dont get me wrong because it def is annoying to me on a personal level, but I don't think theres anything wrong with the game because there's no one to blame but yourself for not being sneakier. I was playing one time and someone asked me through the headset how it's possible that his stun got countered and I told him "well, think about it, imagine this was real life and you were to stun someone with your fists but they had an actual weapon and they aware it's you, obviously the one assassinating is gonna come on top because you have no chance against a weapon unless you literally get them right after they get their kill or in the most sneakiest way possible". Just remember one thing, stunning was not meant to be an offensive strategy in this game, yes I admit I have used it in a hunting manner playing Manhunt when I was on the defensive turn and the opposing team was making themselves extra obvious, but it is not meant to be an actual offensive HUNTING action, if anything try to stay away from it and only use it in a big crowd or after they slay someone else.
It would be really cool if we were able to stun someone after they get lured into killing an NPC that looks like us, I know its not possible because the person then loses the contract meaning they are not longer your pursuer but it would be great if we could just add that extra punishment for those who get fooled.

rocketxsurgeon
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by nm0322:
The most frustrating situation has to be when you have your target identified and you're 3 steps away from them but someone comes sprinting at you and kills you (cmon dude you just cost me a 600 point kill for a merely 100 points). I do admire the ones that completely fool me tho so I don't get annoyed by those I just get in my payback mentality. Also, another frustrating thing is getting smoke bombed or firecracked, I cannot stress enough how much that frustrates me (I understand if I'm chasing you and you need to use it but when me and you are neither hunting each other or running from each other and you used it on the same area that i'm standing on and it messes up my concentration it really frustrates me). I also do NOT agree with those who think getting their stun countered is annoying, I mean it is, dont get me wrong because it def is annoying to me on a personal level, but I don't think theres anything wrong with the game because there's no one to blame but yourself for not being sneakier. I was playing one time and someone asked me through the headset how it's possible that his stun got countered and I told him "well, think about it, imagine this was real life and you were to stun someone with your fists but they had an actual weapon and they aware it's you, obviously the one assassinating is gonna come on top because you have no chance against a weapon unless you literally get them right after they get their kill or in the most sneakiest way possible". Just remember one thing, stunning was not meant to be an offensive strategy in this game, yes I admit I have used it in a hunting manner playing Manhunt when I was on the defensive turn and the opposing team was making themselves extra obvious, but it is not meant to be an actual offensive HUNTING action, if anything try to stay away from it and only use it in a big crowd or after they slay someone else.
It would be really cool if we were able to stun someone after they get lured into killing an NPC that looks like us, I know its not possible because the person then loses the contract meaning they are not longer your pursuer but it would be great if we could just add that extra punishment for those who get fooled.

Woa i think i just got flattened by your wall of text O_O

Patita90
11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I hate;

*Roof Campers.

*People who run around.

*When i walk past someone and have a feeling they're my pursuer and they end up killing me.

All that, plus hidden gun.

dragonraider00
11-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I actually do agree that the stun should not be changed, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, if the stun was changed to be more reliable, it would start making people say, "I already pressed X to assassinate and was in the middle of assassination animation and they stunned me!!!1!!!11one!!!"

TheXenon
11-23-2010, 12:52 PM
I hate when I'm about to kill my target all perfectly and everything and then BAM my purseur kills me. It's soooo annoying.

rocketxsurgeon
11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by TheXenon:
I hate when I'm about to kill my target all perfectly and everything and then BAM my purseur kills me. It's soooo annoying.

That really annoys me >/

Plus i love your sig! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheXenon
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks, the idea was mine and the creator was d1sturbedme_468, he accepts requests so you should ask him for something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DatSoySauce
11-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Flincher2007:

People who run around.

Getting shot.

Slow matchmaking.

etc..

LoL. Made my day at work here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mayorwest
11-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Things that annoy me...

stun griefing

I really hate it when I stun someone and go back to my blended group, only to have the jerk i just stunned get back up and throw down a smoke bomb or firecrackers. It's not my fault that you suck at not getting stunned, so quit being a jerk and go find your next target already

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
1) People who decide to camp out for really long times.

2) People who get made that the randomly selected map was not the one they wanted, and proceed to either blame the map for their lack of points or exit (during the loading stage of the round) and cause everyone to wait a longer time for the game to start.

3) Misuse of firecrackers. Nothing angers me more then when my target randomly uses them, sees me, stuns me, and then having my pursuer come up to me while I'm on the ground an kick me.

4) The most obvious one: waiting periods...

5) People who yell and cuss through their mics.

*EDIT*

6) When I close a gate after running through it to escape my pursuer, but somehow they manifest on top of me with a knife/compass/sword/fan in my neck.

7) "SERVER IS UNAVAILABLE," notices... they seem to only happen when I am in the lead too! I'm sure nothing would annoy any of you more then being in the lead, five seconds to spare, and then having that happen... No experience... No getting about level four.

Feanturim
11-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:

4: People who somehow magically start the first kill of the game with at least 600 points on me, not using poison and being too low level to even have it, from the ground, and not even on a ledge. I have no idea how this is even possible. It'll be situations where like, I turn a corner right into them or something, so they didn't get focus bonus either. And even if they got focus bonus AND incognito, that would only be 550. Let's theoretically pretend that they Focus Bonused me (but they didn't), for 550, where would the extra 50 come from? There are no poacher bonuses because the game will have just started 15 seconds ago, and the HUD only shows 1 on me as usual. Where's it coming from? Horribly annoying!

the 50 extra points for first blood kills.

Ghoulishtie
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Roof*****s, period.

Oh, and people who run around the map mostly, if not all, throughout the game.

DeafAtheist
11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
People who somehow magically start the first kill of the game with at least 600 points on me, not using poison and being too low level to even have it, from the ground, and not even on a ledge. I have no idea how this is even possible. It'll be situations where like, I turn a corner right into them or something, so they didn't get focus bonus either. And even if they got focus bonus AND incognito, that would only be 550. Let's theoretically pretend that they Focus Bonused me (but they didn't), for 550, where would the extra 50 come from? There are no poacher bonuses because the game will have just started 15 seconds ago, and the HUD only shows 1 on me as usual. Where's it coming from? Horribly annoying!

I got a First Blood kill in a game of Wanted last night for a total of 650 pts. I don't remember how I did it. I just remember that it happened. I play legit too so it wasn't the result of cheating.

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:
1: People who get rewarded for doing nothing. This infuriates me far, far greater than anything else in this game. For example, I spawn out in the open road with no NPC's around, and practically before my screen is even done being fuzzy upon spawning, I'll take all of maybe 3 steps before getting shanked for 800pts+ because I happened to spawn right next to my killer. My only guess is they were on a 2x bonus, idk.

I hear ya on that. I hate when that happens to me!

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mayorwest:
Things that annoy me...

stun griefing

I really hate it when I stun someone and go back to my blended group, only to have the jerk i just stunned get back up and throw down a smoke bomb or firecrackers. It's not my fault that you suck at not getting stunned, so quit being a jerk and go find your next target already
I've done this, but not to target they guy who stunned me, I've done it because I'm worried my pursuer's right on top of me and want to get a chance to break line of sight.

EDIT: Easy way for the extra 200 points on an early kill - +200 for HIDDEN If you're in a blend group/hide spot or just left one, you get this bonus.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
1. Templar Vision.(No doubt the single most overpowered ability. The "you glow when you use it" argument is easily defeated by walking around a corner, using it, panning the camera to see your target around the corner, making it impossible for them to see you glow.)
2. Templar Vision + Hidden Gun.
3. Poison. (impossible to counter, and there's always a guy abusing his host advantage poisoning me from 10 ft. away)
4. People who run around everywhere.(especailly on my team)
5. Kill stealers.
6. People who hide on rooftops all day.
7. Smoke bombs don't work. (Seriously. I cannot count how many times I've thrown down a smoke bomb, but it does jack to my pursuer and they assassinate me.)
8. Insane range for assassinations. (I've been jumped by someone who was well beyond reasonable distance for assassination. Maybe that's why my smoke bombs don't work?)
9. When stunning doesn't work. (I know it's not something to rely on, but it at least should work from time to time. I've been assassinated so many times when I was spamming the crap out of the B button with the display over my pursuers head)
10. Matchmaking. (I was waiting for 20 minutes just to join one session once.)
11. Throwing knives. (I don't run into this a lot, but when I do it's annoying, it's kind of the "you're totally screwed" ability.)
12. The lock on system. (I've been assassinated too many times because I was trying to hide while being chased, but my pursuer had locked on to me so they knew exactly where I was.)
13. When your hidden gun doesn't fire. (Have you ever focused in on a guy with the hidden gun, and release the ability button to fire, but it just cancels the shot? That happens to me... 90% of the time I use the freakin' thing.)
14. Getting gang-banged by the entire enemy team on Manhunt. (Although it makes for funny listening because I'm usually like "No Mr. Doctor I don't wanna shot! NO! RUN AWAY! OMG NO! N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-NOOO! aww...")

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 09:00 PM
The first time I leveled up from 21 to 22.

I was in an Advanced Wanted match, and in the lead, and there was a guy on mic *****ing about how he was getting so many kills but other people were still way ahead of him (I stunned him when he came at me once, and got "lure" and "escape bonuses from him multiple times, so I can see why).

Timer got down to the last minute, then he swore about things and ragequit.

And booted the whole game because he'd been the host.

And I lost all my XP and had to earn it over to level up.

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
13. When your hidden gun doesn't fire. (Have you ever focused in on a guy with the hidden gun, and release the ability button to fire, but it just cancels the shot? That happens to me... 90% of the time I use the freakin' thing.)

No, but I have ran seven buildings from my pursuer, jumped down to a lower level, and then got shot in the back with a magic bullet that went through all the walls. My map might as well have zoomed all the way across the map as it showed me a Doctor reloading.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

No, but I have ran seven buildings from my pursuer, jumped down to a lower level, and then got shot in the back with a magic bullet that went through all the walls. My map might as well have zoomed all the way across the map as it showed me a Doctor reloading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yours was probably lag.

According to the in-game hints, moving the left stick cancels your shot. I rarely use the gun, and have only had one shot cancel accidentally on me, but I know I didn't do anything to make it cancel, so I'm not sure why it did.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Number one thing that annoys me is people who talk on mics pretty much just to hear themselves talk. (this is 90% of mic users).

Now people who actually say stuff to others and are cool and stuff...That is fine.

The other day I was having a cool, friendly antagonistic match with someone. Mind you, I do not have a USB mic, so I can't respond. But there was a guy I was continuously managing to stun when he was my hunter, and I kept getting 300-600 point kills on him. He would always say "Dammit! Ezekiel again!" Or "Why does it always have to be you, Ezekiel?! *laughs*"

That sort of use is cool.

90% of the time it's like this:

*idiot dies* "REALLY?!?!"
*idiot kills someone for 100 points* "HAHAHA RIGHT IN THE FACE"
*idiot dies* "HOW THE HELL, THAT'S BS"

etc etc

These same people will say the following in Manhunt:

(when on defensive) "Ok guys, blend with crowds with our guys in them!"
(when on the offensive) "Look out for blenders and kill the other team!"

Thanks, man! I was gonna just go around eagle diving as much as possible because it looks cool. Thank God I know how to win now.

God I'm becoming cynical lol

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yours was probably lag.

According to the in-game hints, moving the left stick cancels your shot. I rarely use the gun, and have only had one shot cancel accidentally on me, but I know I didn't do anything to make it cancel, so I'm not sure why it did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, it was probably them because I was still going great! My screen didn't look like a stop-motion movie.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
These same people will say the following in Manhunt:

(when on defensive) "Ok guys, blend with crowds with our guys in them!"
I've had games where I was tempted to turn on my mic and say this to my team, because they weren't doing it.

Couldn't remember where I've left it though.

nightpriestess
11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
What annoys me the most is, I'll do well, get one of the first three spots then die because I have multiple pursuers. (That isn't what annoys me) What does is I'll respawn only to die after my first few steps 4 times in a row. Finally, when I'm thrown back to the number 6 or 7 spot, I get close to my target, ready for the kill only to have him killed by someone else when I'm a foot away. Then I die and the I spawn die 4 more times, get a lucky stun in and one or two more kills before the game ends.

Lag and spawn kills are things that annoy me the most about the game.

kaiachi
11-23-2010, 09:57 PM
1.people who whine about people who run around on rooftops.
-it's part of the game, get used to it
2.smoke grenades
-they only stun pursuers for 2 seconds at the most and that's weak

SirPhist
11-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by nm0322:
(I understand if I'm chasing you and you need to use it but when me and you are neither hunting each other or running from each other and you used it on the same area that i'm standing on and it messes up my concentration it really frustrates me)

that person thought you were his or her pursuer disguised and panicked. that's my guess.

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kaiachi:

I'm OK with it if their actually trying to get to their target (*EDIT* "*country accent* God knows papa loves him an aerial assassination"), but when they climb up and just stand there to prevent getting killed is when it is annoying.

kaiachi
11-23-2010, 10:11 PM
I like to get a birds eye view of my target. people say that you only get 100 point kills from rooftops but i get 450 point kills from jumping off rooftops and i got a 650 point kill just today. yeah, I'm not gonna lie to anyone. I die a lot but my kills are executed with surgical skill and that alone puts me on top in a lot of matches.

nightpriestess
11-23-2010, 10:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaiachi:

I'm OK with it if their actually trying to get to their target (*EDIT* "*country accent* God knows papa loves him an aerial assassination"), but when they climb up and just stand there to prevent getting killed is when it is annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rarely ever run the roofs, I usually just climb up on them to see what persona is my pursuer, I'll usually just walk the roof and wait with a smoke bomb/stun combo if they decide to try and make a run for me. If they're smart and don't, I'll just jump down and run off to make sure I don't get aerial assassinated. That usually sends them running as well and I still get the stun haha.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
yeah, I'm not gonna lie to anyone. I die a lot but my kills are executed with surgical skill and that alone puts me on top in a lot of matches.
I'm one of the few stealth players I know who appreciates when a runner/roofer is playing well.

I've had a guy jump down on me and get 650 points and gone "WTF? Lucky little (censored)!!!"

Then the same player gets a 400 point kill a while later and I realise maybe it wasn't just luck...

I expect most people on rooftops to die lots and kill lots, the ones who get less kills but better points are the ones who impress me.

Also, the runners who can charge through a group at high speed while morphing it to expose a target, then turn around and get the kill.

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 10:31 PM
One thing that really annoys me: that one person that just can't pick their character so they take forever.

xcamthemandudex
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaiachi:

I'm OK with it if their actually trying to get to their target (*EDIT* "*country accent* God knows papa loves him an aerial assassination"), but when they climb up and just stand there to prevent getting killed is when it is annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rarely ever run the roofs, I usually just climb up on them to see what persona is my pursuer, I'll usually just walk the roof and wait with a smoke bomb/stun combo if they decide to try and make a run for me. If they're smart and don't, I'll just jump down and run off to make sure I don't get aerial assassinated. That usually sends them running as well and I still get the stun haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only time I get on the roof is when I am after a target that has a lot of other pursuers, or to get away (i.e. levers, and falling boards) from mine.

DeafAtheist
11-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by kaiachi:my kills are executed with surgical skill and that alone puts me on top in a lot of matches.

Killing from the rooftop isn't hard. Your target can't look around to to see if you're behind him/her. You attack from a much greater distance than from the ground making it impossible to effect you with smoke bombs for a stun.

Skill you say? The only challenge in rooftop camping is avoiding being killed with a gun from a distance because your pursuers don't want to waste 2 minutes of the game chasing you around rooftops. Much quicker to just shoot you for 100 pts than chase you for 100 pts.

DeafAtheist
11-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:What annoys me most is when I'm walking calmly while blended in a group, and am right on top of my target, especially when I've just identified them, then another person drops down on top of me before I get the kill.

I agree with this especially when you're 1 or 2 seconds away from an Incognito kill that will net you 400+ pts and some idiot runner kills you for a measly 100pts.

Now is some guy stealthily intercepts me with a high point kill before I reach my target then I don't mind it so much... sucks to get killed before killing my own target regardless, but at least a skilled stealthy player worked for the pay off and in my opinion is more deserving of it.

nitek_pl
11-24-2010, 05:25 AM
game has <span class="ev_code_RED">LONGEST TIME EVER</span> to connect with other players

other stuff is not an issue.
people walking on rooftops aren't issue. its more exciting and you have to be on your toes all the time because of that. also getting away on rooftops is more exciting and constantly makes me smile when doing that.

I have to admit. This is the best multiplayer experience I ever had. But ubi.. please fix ehat issue regarding connection time. I don't have all day to wait to play.

postwick
11-24-2010, 05:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:What annoys me most is when I'm walking calmly while blended in a group, and am right on top of my target, especially when I've just identified them, then another person drops down on top of me before I get the kill.

I agree with this especially when you're 1 or 2 seconds away from an Incognito kill that will net you 400+ pts and some idiot runner kills you for a measly 100pts.

Now is some guy stealthily intercepts me with a high point kill before I reach my target then I don't mind it so much... sucks to get killed before killing my own target regardless, but at least a skilled stealthy player worked for the pay off and in my opinion is more deserving of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find myself frequently appreciating the kills executed against me by good players, especially when I see them doing it throughout the game so I know it wasn't luck.

it's one of the reasons I wish more people would use mics because I'd love to be able to say "wow nice kill" when someone deserves it.

of course, I'd probably say "hey nice 100 point kill, dummy...too bad you're still in 8th place, maybe you should stop running around like a dope" more often.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:What annoys me most is when I'm walking calmly while blended in a group, and am right on top of my target, especially when I've just identified them, then another person drops down on top of me before I get the kill.

Now is some guy stealthily intercepts me with a high point kill before I reach my target then I don't mind it so much... sucks to get killed before killing my own target regardless, but at least a skilled stealthy player worked for the pay off and in my opinion is more deserving of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find myself frequently appreciating the kills executed against me by good players, especially when I see them doing it throughout the game so I know it wasn't luck.

it's one of the reasons I wish more people would use mics because I'd love to be able to say "wow nice kill" when someone deserves it.

of course, I'd probably say "hey nice 100 point kill, dummy...too bad you're still in 8th place, maybe you should stop running around like a dope" more often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I rather like the lvl 50 guy I saw running through with Templar Vision and getting 100 point kills on my teammates in manhunt and not seeming to notice that every time he gave away AT LEAST 200 points in stunning, and usually 400 or 600 (he runs in, his teammates follow slightly less obviously waiting for the follow-up, and we stun him, then smoke + stun the teammates).

Broshimitsu
11-24-2010, 07:47 AM
The fact that it's based around stealth gameplay but they've put abilities in that make hiding within a group pointless. The "Charge" ability? Who's idea was that? Being able to run into a morphed crowd and automatically kill the right player? Stupid idea.

postwick
11-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Broshimitsu:
The fact that it's based around stealth gameplay but they've put abilities in that make hiding within a group pointless. The "Charge" ability? Who's idea was that? Being able to run into a morphed crowd and automatically kill the right player? Stupid idea.

I agree. I think advanced wanted should restrict those kind of capabilities. it should be all about your powers of observation, not being able to press a button to avoid having to observe.

Sticcato
11-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I hate when you do manhunt or alliance and your teammate picks a character that you hate and then leaves. (I would say people who just just leave but I've done ok by myself in alliance matches)

On the other side of that, people who complain about the chacters that get picked, while there are plenty of them that I hate using but I troop on. I had this one kid that came into a match and complained that someone picked one of the girls and you'd of thought that some one was pulling his nails with a pair of pliers after listening to the squealing noises he made over it.

People who don't understand that people either don't have mic's or don't want to talk to you so you hear, "hello? .... hello? ..... hello? ..... hello? .... hello?"

I hate the ladies that classifiy themselves as "gamer gurls." I don't mean girls that play games, because there's a few of them out there that will just beat that crap out of you, I mean the ones that go "tee hee hee I'm a girl and I play this game, don't you wish you had a girlfriend like me tee hee hee." and to top that off, just suck. These women make me want to stab myself in the ear before listening to another min. of that please love me voice saying - someone save me, oh darn, you don't really mean that tee hee, you're a meany- and so on.

People who join a group and start saying oh "yo dawgs, I'ma kill you all" that that isn't the point of the entire game.

People who still use the word "dawg"

Hidden guns >.>

dragonraider00
11-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Hahaha I was in a match the other day with some dude (not gonna name names) that was 48 or so. He was annoying and hilarious at the same time. In the beginning of the match he would use his mic and make fun of people for the character they picked and make remarks like, "ya'll are goin down BIIIITCHHHHEEESSS!!"

So the game starts as usual, and surprisingly alot of people are staying stealthy except for the one guy that's running around with his 100 point kills. So I kill him for high points a bunch of times (because he often runs right into me) and he always says, "DUDE WTF!!?" Well, he was in 8th place most of the game but finished in 6th or so. Apparently he was proud of himself because at the end he yelled, "BIIIIITTCHHHHHHESS!!!"

Something about this person was just hilarious. People like this are annoying though. Go back to CoD

rocketxsurgeon
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
The other day i was playing Alliance, and i was running from someone and went through a tunnel with a chase breaker at either end. The gate shuts behind me, only to find the second player in the team running past me and the gate closed behind him.

There was literally nothing i could do, i was trapped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Its happened to me twice now.

Munktor
11-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Taking my time to follow and blend near my contract to poison them without them ever noticing i'm their pursuer just for some random nub to fly across the map and kill them taking away my huge bonuses.

On a related note my best poison kill is now 1500 points.

Coolgerb
11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
People that could've easily killed me for 400+ points, but instead decide to shoot me or start running at me for whatever reason. It's even worse when they do it when I'm about to make a (nearly) perfect kill.

Or people that you just showed how to play, by stunning them for example, and then start running into / around you because they're ****ed off.

Obviously runners and roof campers.

And people who steal my favourite character, the Harlequin. It's mine darnit!

nm0322
11-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
And people who steal my favourite character, the Harlequin. It's mine darnit!

lol exactly the way I feel

Sticcato
11-24-2010, 01:13 PM
When 3 to 5 people all agther at a friends home and each bring their cosoles/mics, start a wanted game, then each one of them leaves their mic on so you hear them shouting the locations of each others targets to their buds across the room, then cry when they still get their *** handed to them dispite being a cheap stooge.

People who try to act gangster with a chihuahua barking in the back ground, because nothing says thug like a 3 lbs rat that doesn't stfu.

I hate when you play a game of manhunt and it's a super close game with the clock ticking down, and your the team on the offensive, and you think hey, ok, it's only a 200 point lead lets just hang back and run the clock, and your team mates decide that they want to get a last second kill and start running full speed with no real direction, just for them to get stunned and lose the game.

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I know everyone has already said the hidden gun annoys them, but it REALLY annoys me. I think they should shorten the distance on it. I am tired of being shot from half-way across the map but someone who was too lazy to try and get close enough to kill me.

In vice verse, I love people who use the poison ability. I think if you can get in that close to someone and do it so stealthy that they don't even notice you deserve a round of applause!

MidoriSangatsu
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
the sniper challenge. Why are they promoting 5 gun shot kills in one game D:

I agree with everyone that you go to stun and they get the kill but they end up getting 800 points. T-T

charge... how do smoke that XD

Leonick_
11-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Only two things really.
1. The time it takes to get in to a game.
2. How big the assassination area is, specially in chases/on moving targets, i hate that it's possible to initiate kills from so far away, no matter if i do it or my pursuer does...

Munktor
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Leonick91:
Only two things really.
1. The time it takes to get in to a game.
2. How big the assassination area is, specially in chases/on moving targets, i hate that it's possible to initiate kills from so far away, no matter if i do it or my pursuer does...

Agreed on both - they made the distance a tad too far reaching in my opinion.

LundraN7
11-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Loving the multiplayer so far, but I would like:

More assassin looking personas like the prowler
the ability to play as Ezio/Altair as a persona
Stun shouldn't work after a smokebomb
Faster matchmaking, less wait time after finding a lobby and waiting for the game to start.

MuddledMuppet2
11-24-2010, 04:21 PM
sandwiches that have all the filling pushed into the middle leaving no substance to eat with the crusts.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
People that could've easily killed me for 400+ points, but instead decide to shoot me or start running at me for whatever reason.
I don't hate this, I like it. More chance of me winning.

I hate when my TEAMMATE does it while incognito and within assassination range of the target (I had a player do this twice in a match last night before the servers died, both times running off straight afterwards into another 100 point kill. Then getting stunned for as many points as he'd earned. Both times while I was just coming around the corner and didn't even have time to lock either of his targets so we could at least make the co-op bonuses and come out on top instead of barely breaking even.

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I both hate it and love it when my pursuer is running towards me but very far away... I just run a corner, use the disguise ability, and then when he comes around that corner I stun him and walk away! It makes me laugh, but makes me mad that they try to be so blunt about killing a target.

*EDIT*
The number one thing that annoys me is getting disconnected from xbox live when you have a huge lead (e.g. 1000 points, 2000 points)... ALL THAT EXPERIENCE IS LOST!!! It also annoys me because I then feel like the other players think I quit on my own. I think they should have a "was disconnected" saying if that happens.

DeafAtheist
11-24-2010, 05:01 PM
One thing that annoys me is that it seems smoke does not stop a player from poisoning you. I lost count how many times I saw someone coming for me, dropped smoke and a few seconds later my screen turned green and I died from poison. And sure enough it was that player I was attempting to smoke bomb that poisoned me.

I haven't tried mute yet. I'm assuming Mute might be more effective since it prevents a player from attacking or using any abilities. I'll have to test this further.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I both hate it and love it when my pursuer is running towards me but very far away... I just run a corner, use the disguise ability, and then when he comes around that corner I stun him and walk away! It makes me laugh, but makes me mad that they try to be so blunt about killing a target.

*EDIT*
The number one thing that annoys me is getting disconnected from xbox live when you have a huge lead (e.g. 1000 points, 2000 points)... ALL THAT EXPERIENCE IS LOST!!! It also annoys me because I then feel like the other players think I quit on my own. I think they should have a "was disconnected" saying if that happens.
I hate it when you're in the lead by a large amount and the host of the game quits and boots everyone without experience more than when I get disconnected by myself.

GmacK911
11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
I agree, but Altair and Ezio should be in a game mode where it's them versus six templar assassin's. Altair and Ezio would be faster and have better abilities to compensate for being heavily out-numbered.

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2010, 06:10 PM

*EDIT*
I hate it when you're in the lead by a large amount and the host of the game quits and boots everyone without experience more than when I get disconnected by myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know when you are a host or not?

<side note> Why, at times, do you hear the woman's voice in MP say "massacre?"

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

*EDIT*
I hate it when you're in the lead by a large amount and the host of the game quits and boots everyone without experience more than when I get disconnected by myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<side note> Why, at times, do you hear the woman's voice in MP say "massacre?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st part, you don't, which is also annoying.

2nd, the "massacre" message happens when two or more players die one after the other in close proximity, usually a chain of kills where a player kills their target then dies to their pursuer.

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2010, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

*EDIT*

<side note> Why, at times, do you hear the woman's voice in MP say "massacre?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st part, you don't, which is also annoying.

2nd, the "massacre" message happens when two or more players die one after the other in close proximity, usually a chain of kills where a player kills their target then dies to their pursuer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) They should fix that...

2) That makes sense, I've just never been in that situation. I've only heard it come out of my screen.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Honestly, I'd rather they prevent players from losing XP on a host quit than tell players when they're the host. Unless they tell ALL players who the host is, so that person knows everyone will hate them if they quit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Honestly, I'd rather they prevent players from losing XP on a host quit than tell players when they're the host. Unless they tell ALL players who the host is, so that person knows everyone will hate them if they quit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yes! I like that!

XxKillaSniperxX
11-24-2010, 09:06 PM
1. Templar/Hidden Gun combo users. It's a love hate relationship actually. I hate that they ruined my hiding spot. I love that they wasted 2 abilities to get 100 points.
2. Ragequitters, especially high level ones.
3. You shouldn't get any bonus points if you start a chase.
4. People who shoot you almost point blank. Morons.
5. The fact that if a hunter starts his/her assassination right before you go through a chase breaker you still die even though the door closed.
6. The wait times, but that is a known issue that they are fixing.
7. All the posts on here complaining about stuns.
8. People who have there mics on but are talking to people who are physically in the same room as them. Mute that! I don't wanna hear what kind of pizza you want your "bro" to order!
9. People who grief you with smoke/firecrackers after failing to kill you.
10. People who want to play as Ezio/Altair in multiplayer. Did you not pay attention to the multiplayer cutscene at all?

Squiddish
11-24-2010, 09:08 PM

I did that for a few games trying to farm the "Lucky Shot" challenge. Then I realized that challenge was stupid, and the gun was stupid, and I should feel bad about myself QQ

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I hate the "Technical Difficulty" prompt... It happens a lot when I am assassinating a target. They either somehow get out of it and stun me during the prompt, or my pursuer LITERALLY flies across the map and stabs me (during prompt everything slows down and I watch my pursuer stab me in the neck)...

stealth995
11-24-2010, 10:20 PM
when i see my killer have a red arrow over his head, drop a smoke, try to stun him, it glitches out, then he kills me for 650 points.... LIKE I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS HIM.

Still best multiplayer game out there though, agreed.
I played Black Ops a bit today and wow was a bored and amazed at how little skill it took to succeed.

(you think roof runners are annoying? play cod, where everyone's strategy is "Hey lets lie down here and point our guns at this doorway waiting for someone to show up so well get a high k/d")

DeafAtheist
11-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Snipemaster666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I did that for a few games trying to farm the "Lucky Shot" challenge. Then I realized that challenge was stupid, and the gun was stupid, and I should feel bad about myself QQ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stupid or not I intend to do ALL of the challenges. I've not used the gun very much except for pigeon hunting roof campers, and I've not used the sprint boost ability at all yet but eventually after reaching level 50 I will even do all of the challenges related to stuff I wouldn't otherwise do because I just want to unlock everything even if I don't use it.

kaiachi
11-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I'll take my chances getting killed by some guys gun kill.I'd rather get "occasionally" killed by a gun and be able to see both my pursuer and my target from one spot. whereas when you walk around on the ground, you don't know who your pursuer is. Honestly, i get killed a lot more standing on the ground than on a rooftop. If he doesn't wanna waste time coming after me on a rooftop than he can just stand around and pout for the rest of the match(or wait for someone else to kill me) and then come on these forums to B*&ch and complain about "how roof campers done me wrong". so yes "SKILL"

DeafAtheist
11-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I'll take my chances getting killed by some guys gun kill.I'd rather get "occasionally" killed by a gun and be able to see both my pursuer and my target from one spot. whereas when you walk around on the ground, you don't know who your pursuer is. Honestly, i get killed a lot more standing on the ground than on a rooftop. If he doesn't wanna waste time coming after me on a rooftop than he can just stand around and pout for the rest of the match(or wait for someone else to kill me) and then come on these forums to B*&ch and complain about "how roof campers done me wrong". so yes "SKILL"

You're confusing "skill" with "convenience".

Skill is accomplishing something despite challenges. Convenience is doing things in a way that avoids challenges. When you position yourself in a place that allows you a vantage point that gives you an elevated position over targets and a clear view of approaching pursuers that's convenience, not skill.

Skill is walking thru the streets and keeping an eye out for pursuers... seeing someone who appears to be following you and waiting for him to gain on you a bit before surprising him with a smoke bomb and stunning him.

Assassinations in the game don't take any skill whatsoever regardless of your strategy. It's outsmarting your pursuers and avoiding assassinations that takes skill.

I don't care about rooftop campers anymore. They don't annoy me as much as they used to. Targeting them is like hunting pigeons. A quick gunshot and I can quickly move on to another target or if I'm feeling particularly sadistic I'll follow a rooftop camper to the top of the roof and throw a knife at him to prevent a chase then move in for an incognito kill. Or knife him while he's climbing to make him fall.

kaiachi
11-25-2010, 11:14 AM
using what is "convenient" is skill. My method has proven effective many time in the past when I've killed lvl 50 players. Most of the time, i move to quick on rooftops to get picked off by people who are too cowardly to climb up on the rooftop and face me. Theres a way to kill anyone. on rooftops and on the ground. I've actually got a life so I don't get to spend much time playing. The game is about who can have more skill with a piece of plastic and having fun doing it. Being able to come out on top takes "SKILL" which I have in such a convenient way.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM

You're confusing "skill" with "convenience".

Skill is accomplishing something despite challenges. Convenience is doing things in a way that avoids challenges. When you position yourself in a place that allows you a vantage point that gives you an elevated position over targets and a clear view of approaching pursuers that's convenience, not skill.

Skill is walking thru the streets and keeping an eye out for pursuers... seeing someone who appears to be following you and waiting for him to gain on you a bit before surprising him with a smoke bomb and stunning him.

Assassinations in the game don't take any skill whatsoever regardless of your strategy. It's outsmarting your pursuers and avoiding assassinations that takes skill.

I don't care about rooftop campers anymore. They don't annoy me as much as they used to. Targeting them is like hunting pigeons. A quick gunshot and I can quickly move on to another target or if I'm feeling particularly sadistic I'll follow a rooftop camper to the top of the roof and throw a knife at him to prevent a chase then move in for an incognito kill. Or knife him while he's climbing to make him fall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heavily QFT. It's really playing on the defense that takes skill.

steelernati0n
11-25-2010, 04:31 PM
I hate it when i'm playing manhunt and someones standing in a morphed crowd, so i go to kill them. Then just i start the kill animation they throw a smoke bomb, and the smoke somehow makes my character miss, and they get a stun out of it.

I hate when people stand in crowds with smoke bombs anyway, but when they throw it AFTER the animation starts thats really stupid.

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
4. People who shoot your poisoned target almost point blank in a team game. Morons.

Fixed that for you.

Had this happen last night. Then the same guy did a 100 point kill on a target I'd poisoned which I would have got incognito + hidden bonuses for as well.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-25-2010, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
4. People who shoot your poisoned target almost point blank in a team game. Morons.

Fixed that for you.

Had this happen last night. Then the same guy did a 100 point kill on a target I'd poisoned which I would have got incognito + hidden bonuses for as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is precisely why I only play team modes with friends. If no friends are on then its Advanced Wanted and thats it.

Requiscent
11-25-2010, 11:57 PM
The other day i was playing Alliance, and i was running from someone and went through a tunnel with a chase breaker at either end. The gate shuts behind me, only to find the second player in the team running past me and the gate closed behind him.

There was literally nothing i could do, i was trapped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Its happened to me twice now.

Ha I had a similar experience. After stunning some guy he decided to run after me, starting the chase sequence. I outran him no problem and went into a chasebreaker, when out of nowhere, some guy just teleports (literally he just appeared in front of me) as I was in going through the gate, and I get killed.

More than likely that was due to lag, but still I was PO'd. One thing that annoys me constantly is the spawned system. I'll be killed and be spawned sometimes right next to where I just got killed, or very close. I take no more than a couple of steps and bam, I'm dead. Half the time by abilities are cooling down, so I can't really defend myself.

Fortunately I repay them in kind when the +750 bonus kicks in.

Peccavi6
11-26-2010, 12:59 AM
when my purser is like 20 feet away and some how makes that distance but when im 5 feet away i cant attack.

also, whats the deal with dieing less than 30 seconds after respawning. if i try to get close to my target im seen. i this is one of the best multiplayers out there but the more i play it the more i see that some of the fears people had about this game coming out so soon after the AC 2 are realized. its starting to feel like this was rushed, it lacks serious polish.
when are game designers going to realize, that ya we want to play BUT SLOW THE **** DOWN, we want a polished game more than we want a quick release.

kaiachi
11-26-2010, 01:42 PM
That's another thing that bothers me. They make it so easy to get killed even if you blend into a crowd incognito. even if you become as anonymous as you can. YOUR PURSUER CAN STILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU. whether your blended in or not so I don't see why anyone has the audacity to complain about "roof camper" or "runners" or the "obvious haystack hider"(by the way, the game is made to where if you run by anywhere close to a haystack, you'll automatically jump in even if you don't want to). You only play the game for one 10 minute round and then you gotta wait a half hour for people to decide what they wanna do. God forbid if I actually wanna jump up on a roof and stay alive long enough to enjoy the game.

Hav0k569
11-26-2010, 02:50 PM
The only things that annoy me are the constant issues I'm having with matchmaking. The main examples being when I'm in a group of friends it'll kick my friends from the match or separate us. Then the other issue arises when I invite people while in-game and it says I'm unreachable.

DeafAtheist
11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Xkorpio_769:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Dude, if you wanna nail people who are on the rooftops, just get a corner kill and drag him off. Or if your desperate, use a gun. Or you could just pretend your not his pursuer, and slowly pick him off. If you hate it just kill a civvy and you'll be assigned a different contract. And the radius of assassination is way bigger than the area of stun, so always run, unless you surprise your opponents first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just listing things that annoy me. Not complaining because I don't know how to handle them. I do know how to handle roof campers and runners.

And the stun doesn't annoy me. I think it's perfect the way it is. I'm annoyed by people who complain about the stun not being effective enough because it's perfect as it is.

DeafAtheist
11-26-2010, 03:08 PM
That's another thing that bothers me. They make it so easy to get killed even if you blend into a crowd incognito. even if you become as anonymous as you can. YOUR PURSUER CAN STILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU. whether your blended in or not so I don't see why anyone has the audacity to complain about "roof camper" or "runners" or the "obvious haystack hider"(by the way, the game is made to where if you run by anywhere close to a haystack, you'll automatically jump in even if you don't want to). You only play the game for one 10 minute round and then you gotta wait a half hour for people to decide what they wanna do. God forbid if I actually wanna jump up on a roof and stay alive long enough to enjoy the game.

The difference here is that a player has a chance even if a slim chance against an pursuer on the ground by setting off smoke bombs or the Mute Ability or the Charge Ability. None of those work against roof campers. It's a lot easier for a roof camper to kill their target than someone who is on the ground. It's also a lot harder to get a high point kill on a roof camper because it's harder to get close to them. Roof campers have more of an advantage than stealth players on the ground or runners.

I don't complain about roof campers. I just don't have a lot of respect for them as a worthy opponent because they just exploit the easiest way to kill and avoid being killed. It's cheap tactics.

I actually have more respect for runners because while they may succeed in getting large kill streaks it's also easier to see them coming and stun them. So it balances it out.

No matter what multiplayer game you play whether it's ACB or COD or any other deathmatch type game everyone hates campers except those who are campers themselves.

RusticRevolver
11-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Hate it when you're getting chased and just happened to alert your target and he gets a free escape.

Nick1021
11-27-2010, 12:54 AM

Yes! I like that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh teh noez. People I don't know over the internet hate me, how will I live with myself?

I myself(and my trolling nature) would quit on purpose some where around the last 10 seconds of the game and in the game itself let everyone kill me so it feels worse when they lose the exp.

Lithos2009
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Two things:

1) Having 8 people ready to play and still waiting 10 minutes for a match to start.

2) This happened to me twice: waiting two minutes to get a target assigned to me and only getting one after being killed.

LaCava1
11-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I absolutely hate;
*People who only go on the roofs
*Anyone who uses the hidden gun a bunch
*Team mates who only go on the roofs
*Walking up to your target, about to kill him, when the lock-on changes to the closes npc and you kill him
*People who think they are Assassin's Creed gods, but they only have this game in the series, and got it for multiplayer!

Jimmy2495
11-27-2010, 12:50 PM
The slow matchmaking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nah, I hate roof-campers and not getting a contract.

Aromaci
11-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Exactly! WTH! There is no point wasting time looking for your pursuer. Even if you see them it doesn't matter you're already dead.

Stupid game.

HikaruFire
11-27-2010, 07:25 PM
When my team mate kills a person i poison.

people ho just run around like idiots.

people ho run around in roofs during the hole game.

giggleHyena
11-27-2010, 07:37 PM
When I get chased and have to escape when I'm near my target.