PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: Are there new [RespawnTime] entries for carriers?

Grille Chompa
11-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Are there any new items for the [RespawnTime]-section in the mission file, especially for carriers? If so, please add them in the upcoming readme. Thanks!

Willey
11-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Bump!

I noticed the carriers take a hour to respawn, ships 30 minutes by default. There must be another entry for them...

STILGAR_Naib
11-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Bump!

pls answer for its very interesting for mission building community

plumps_
11-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Did a little test with various carriers and:

[RespawnTime]
Bigship 20
Ship 180

in the mission file, which means that big ships should respawn after 20 seconds, other ships after 3 minutes. The carriers actually respawned between ~7 and ~21 minutes after their destruction, it seemed somehow random.

I also noticed that after respawning, the carriers that were set to sleep were actually firing at me.

Megafree
11-28-2004, 05:38 PM
1.by the way could someone post all possible entries for den "respawntime" entry in the missionfile?
2.why is this entry always deleted after you open the missionfile in the ingame editor? (possible to change this in an upcomin patch, cause when i add somthing manually, like this entry,i normally want to keep it)

i don´t think that:
bigship, ship, searchlight, aeronchared, artillery are all possible (working) entries, or are they?

what about entries for lets say waggons, or static planes on the ground,..... (planes, planes staticplane, stationary,....????)
i didn´t find working ones, till now.

Grille Chompa
11-30-2004, 03:41 AM
Were there any changes during the addition of new Pacific Fighters objects?
Would be nice to know if Oleg Maddox has read this. Just a "Bump" by him would be great ;-)

Zneg1
11-30-2004, 04:52 PM
I dont understand why would people want CV's to respawn! Uncle Sam took months to build one in WWII and theoretically in a battle once the carriers are gone they SHOULD BE GONE until end of currently loaded map. It is not realistic for me to have team mates sunk 3 CV's (thanks TOOZ!) then to just have them respawn.

It just does not make it less of a priority to PROTECT if they would just respawn!

Grille Chompa
12-16-2004, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zneg1:
I dont understand why would people want CV's to respawn! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>At the moment carriers do in fact respawn (as mentioned by Plumps) after some random timespan. I just would like to know if there is any way to have influence in this.
There may be several motivations:
1.) For balancing reasons in gameplay on 24/7 DF-Servers it might be good to have the carrier respawn after 1-2 hours
2.) For the more realistically ambitioned people (like you) you want to set the respawn to 9999 hours :-)

Any news on that topic?

Troll2k
12-16-2004, 10:36 PM
It is not a good idea to have objects disappear permanrely in a df map.Especially if the 24/7 server is not running fbd and there are no map rotations.

LittleMadZ
01-20-2005, 04:41 AM
Guys but exactly where i have tu put the [RespawnTime] settings? in the .properties file?

an answer would be really appreciated.

Bye

I/JG53LittleMad