PDA

View Full Version : Political Events.

Assassin_M
11-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Im sure most (if not all) of you are curiously following on the world`s political events.
The Arab spring, The death of Osama bin laden, the Murder of Gaddafi, The Massacres in Syria, The Riots in London and Rome, the Demonstrations in the USA, The Presidential Campaigns of The US, The Controversies surrounding Israel and Turkey and Gaza ETC...

So I was thinking, who has a piece of eden maybe who killed who ? or maybe who are the Templars and who are the Assassins? what do you guys Think ?

NOTE: Im not saying that the Templars and Assassins are real, Im saying how do you think these events and individuals played out in the conspiracy of the AC Universe.

LightRey
11-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Well I wouldn't be surprised if the Assassins would've been (to some extent) the instigators of some of the revolutions in the Middle East and that "groups" like LulzSec and Anonymous had ties to Erudito.

eagleforlife1
11-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Well I wouldn't be surprised if the Assassins would've been (to some extent) the instigators of some of the revolutions in the Middle East and that "groups" like LulzSec and Anonymous had ties to Erudito.

To be honest I would be very surprised if that were the case http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
11-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

To be honest I would be very surprised if that were the case http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What? Why?

eagleforlife1
11-08-2011, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

To be honest I would be very surprised if that were the case http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What? Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Modern-day Assassins and Templars don't really exist.

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

What? Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Modern-day Assassins and Templars don't really exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not what the thread is about. We're talking about how these political events played out in the AC universe.

Assassin_M
11-08-2011, 05:06 AM

That's not what the thread is about. We're talking about how these political events played out in the AC universe.

Exactly ^

LightRey
11-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Wikileaks would probably also have ties to the Assassins. Either they're supported by them or Assange might actually be one.

albertwesker22
11-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Wikileaks would probably also have ties to the Assassins. Either they're supported by them or Assange might actually be one.

And a female Templar is making false allegations of rape http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:

ASnd a female Templar is making false allegations of rape http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
Indeed. Besides, Assange "raped" those women in the sense that he didn't use protection, which is considered rape in Sweden. Assuming of course said allegations are even true.

eagleforlife1
11-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Gaddafi was a Templar and his golden gun was a PoE.

jmk1999
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
let's please not discuss the legalities of and what constitutes "rape" on this forum. thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

kriegerdesgottes
11-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dom1999:
let's please not discuss the legalities of and what constitutes "rape" on this forum. thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Oh I foresee bad things things coming from this thread.

jmk1999
11-08-2011, 03:55 PM
that's why i'm cutting it off now. stay on the topic discussion.

Chariflame
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
London riots being caused by some kind of Piece of Eden that induces violence perhaps... Unlike these actual political events, there was no motivation behind them other than self-gain and 'for the hell of it'.

Somewhat ironic too, since I had to drive through the worst hit areas to the airport to leave for Florence on the night of the worst lot. Terrifying experience.

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Chariflame:
London riots being caused by some kind of Piece of Eden that induces violence perhaps... Unlike these actual political events, there was no motivation behind them other than self-gain and 'for the hell of it'.

Somewhat ironic too, since I had to drive through the worst hit areas to the airport to leave for Florence on the night of the worst lot. Terrifying experience.
Maybe. Though many have theorized that the London riots simply came to be because of the dissatisfaction of the people.

Anyways, the glyphs give strong hints that George W. Bush was a Templar pawn.

eagleforlife1
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chariflame:

Maybe. Though many have theorized that the London riots simply came to be because of the dissatisfaction of the people.

Anyways, the glyphs give strong hints that George W. Bush was a Templar pawn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a resident of London my opinion is that it was pure selfishness and done for a laugh. No politics were involved in the rioting.

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I view the "Occupy" movements as the result of Assassin instigation. All of the glyphs in ACB who talked of "voluntary slavery for pieces of paper", "money rules over all", and other obvious acts of abusing capitalism in the major businesses makes me think that corporations like Woodsaw, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Apple (btw calling it now: Steve Jobs was assassinated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ), Abstergo, etc are run my Templars.

The Occupy movement was originally targeted towards Wall Streets and all the major buisnesses and banks but unfortunately most people view it as nothing more than a reason to riot and plunder. So it's probably a failed Assassin plot to topple corruption.

SixKeys
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Of course! The Assassins will bring about world peace by sending all the people they don't like dozens of unwanted pizza deliveries. It's brilliant, I tell you, brilliant!

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Being a resident of London my opinion is that it was pure selfishness and done for a laugh. No politics were involved in the rioting.
Not directly no, but people don't just randomly go rioting. I suspect pent up frustration (in part because of the economic crisis) played a big part. It's no excuse of course.

Originally posted by SixKeys:

Of course! The Assassins will bring about world peace by sending all the people they don't like dozens of unwanted pizza deliveries. It's brilliant, I tell you, brilliant! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
Well I was referring to Erudito being affiliated with LulzSec and Anon, not the Assassins. My main reason is that Erudito is supposed to be a hacker group.

Sarari
11-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I think Assassin's killed Gaddafi XD

I mean think about it. They don't know if he was shot by his own group or by the enemy :P

Coincidence if you ask me :P

Assassin_M
11-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

I mean think about it. They don't know if he was shot by his own group or by the enemy :P

am I the only one who thinks that Gaddafi was killed by templars because he got out of control ?

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I bet that it wasn't Seal Team 6 that shot Osama dead but rather an extremely elite Assassin team. Thing is that both of them are so badass that nobody could tell the difference

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

am I the only one who thinks that Gaddafi was killed by templars because he got out of control ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would make sense. He wasn't exactly going to give up.

Chariflame
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Not directly no, but people don't just randomly go rioting. I suspect pent up frustration (in part because of the economic crisis) played a big part. It's no excuse of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well... The majority of involved people were youths, and seeing it happen first hand (my area was hit badly) it was clear to see it was done spontaneously and for self-gain in the looting. Maybe they didn't just 'randomly go rioting', but it was just for thrills and from joining fellow peers with no strict reasoning behind it. That social class gives little care for the state of the economy.

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Chariflame:
Well... The majority of involved people were youths, and seeing it happen first hand (my area was hit badly) it was clear to see it was done spontaneously and for self-gain in the looting. Maybe they didn't just 'randomly go rioting', but it was just for thrills and from joining fellow peers with no strict reasoning behind it. That social class gives little care for the state of the economy.
True, but really, there are often protests all over the world and rarely do they end up turning into the kinds of riots like the London riots.

eagleforlife1
11-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Not directly no, but people don't just randomly go rioting. I suspect pent up frustration (in part because of the economic crisis) played a big part. It's no excuse of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg to differ. Some of the people that were involved in the riots were as young as 8. They don't care about the economic crisis. The majority involved just saw that they could get away with it - due to the lack of strong policing - and jumped on the bandwagon.

Silvermoth
11-09-2011, 03:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chariflame:
True, but really, there are often protests all over the world and rarely do they end up turning into the kinds of riots like the London riots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because they weren't protests. They were riots. And sometimes riots just happen.

I could imagine some of the Occupy Wall Street protesters as assassins because you can't get more Templar-esque behaviour than the people on wall street.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Silvermoth:
True, but really, there are often protests all over the world and rarely do they end up turning into the kinds of riots like the London riots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because they weren't protests. They were riots. And sometimes riots just happen.

I could imagine some of the Occupy Wall Street protesters as assassins because you can't get more Templar-esque behaviour than the people on wall street. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There were not just riots. They sprouted from a protest against the police for shooting someone. It got out of hand, people started joining just so they could riot, and it all spun out of control. That usually doesn't happen with any kind of protest.

Assassin_M
11-09-2011, 03:39 AM
I believe the riots occurred due to a misuse of a piece of eden by someone who took it or stole it, so it got out of hand somehow, which forced the PMs, who are templars, to return from their holiday and restore order and take that piece of eden, I mean it begun suddenly and it ended abruptly.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I believe the riots happened due to a piece of eden being used by someone who doesnt know how to use it, so it got out of hand somehow, which forced the PMs, who are templars, to return from their holiday and restore order and take that piece of eden.
That is a possibility. It was quite an unusual event after all.

Any modern PoE-related events are unlikely to be caused by apples though, since the Templars would then have had relatively easy access to one for their satellite.

AlphaAltair
11-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Sadly the reason the Occupy movements are failing is because of a poe. Seriously people cannot be that riddled with "authority bias" that they are paralysed with apathy?! seriously!?

eagleforlife1
11-09-2011, 04:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silvermoth:

I could imagine some of the Occupy Wall Street protesters as assassins because you can't get more Templar-esque behaviour than the people on wall street. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There were not just riots. They sprouted from a protest against the police for shooting someone. It got out of hand, people started joining just so they could riot, and it all spun out of control. That usually doesn't happen with any kind of protest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right the protests happened because someone was shot. However, the riots were completely different. Innocent families had their houses burned down and their goods stolen, innocent people were beaten and killed. These people had no connections to the police. The riots occurred due to people jumping on the bandwagon and thinking that they could get away with things.

Assassin_M
11-09-2011, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I believe the riots happened due to a piece of eden being used by someone who doesnt know how to use it, so it got out of hand somehow, which forced the PMs, who are templars, to return from their holiday and restore order and take that piece of eden.
That is a possibility. It was quite an unusual event after all.

Any modern PoE-related events are unlikely to be caused by apples though, since the Templars would then have had relatively easy access to one for their satellite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and then London had to convince other allies in different regions around the world to use their POEs to get the people to riot so as to not draw too much attention from the global community and also remove the possibility of a single-city-riots, and to make it appear as an International occurrence, rather than a national one.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 04:43 AM
You're right the protests happened because someone was shot. However, the riots were completely different. Innocent families had their houses burned down and their goods stolen, innocent people were beaten and killed. These people had no connections to the police. The riots occurred due to people jumping on the bandwagon and thinking that they could get away with things.
I know, that's what I said. That's what riots are. Those people didn't make a conscious decision to "take back what was theirs" or something, but protests very rarely actually turn into riots, especially of this scale. Most of the participants were simply venting pent up frustration. That's basically always the case with riots.

eagleforlife1
11-09-2011, 05:22 AM
I know, that's what I said. That's what riots are. Those people didn't make a conscious decision to "take back what was theirs" or something, but protests very rarely actually turn into riots, especially of this scale. Most of the participants were simply venting pent up frustration. That's basically always the case with riots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what you said on page 1:

people don't just randomly go rioting. I suspect pent up frustration (in part because of the economic crisis) played a big part. It's no excuse of course.

If you heard interviews with the kids on the streets when asked why they were doing this they would say things like "It's a laugh. I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow".

95% of these people were mindless idiots who didn't have the capacity in their brains to understand the economic situation or even why there were protests in the first place. The original protests were based on the police killing a black man and the black community stood up to protest in his honour. However, a lot of those who were involved in the riots were white and gave no thought to the black man who was killed when they were breaking a Malaysian boy's jaw on the pavement, or burning 140-year-old family businesses down. They were rioting because they thought that it was fun.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 05:31 AM
I know, that's what I said. That's what riots are. Those people didn't make a conscious decision to "take back what was theirs" or something, but protests very rarely actually turn into riots, especially of this scale. Most of the participants were simply venting pent up frustration. That's basically always the case with riots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people don't just randomly go rioting. I suspect pent up frustration (in part because of the economic crisis) played a big part. It's no excuse of course.

If you heard interviews with the kids on the streets when asked why they were doing this they would say things like "It's a laugh. I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow".

95% of these people were mindless idiots who didn't have the capacity in their brains to understand the economic situation or even why there were protests in the first place. The original protests were based on the police killing a black man and the black community stood up to protest in his honour. However, a lot of those who were involved in the riots were white and gave no thought to the black man who was killed when they were breaking a Malaysian boy's jaw on the pavement, or burning 140-year-old family businesses down. They were rioting because they thought that it was fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, it's not something conscious. They're not actively making the decision: "hey, I feel frustrated, so I must wreck the city to relieve myself". That's not how it works. It had nothing to do with any form of "understanding" the economic situation. They were probably in some ways affected by it (they or their parents losing their jobs, losing money they had on the bank, generally just living a less luxurious life, etc.). I'm not saying that what they did was excusable, but people just don't randomly go rioting. There's always a source of frustration. It's naive to think that people just do such things because they're stupid. Their subconscious is always making the real, spot-on decisions and the subconscious rarely makes a decision that doesn't make sense. If the decision is a bad one, then that's usually because the factors that play a role are different from what it usually has to deal with.

Crouching.Tiger
11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
One of the funniest implications in the Assassin's Creed universe is that the idea of creationism is more or less spot-on, and also a lot of religions are more true than most people believe. That means MANY fundamentalist groups of vastly different religions are actually true in their beliefs, and BOTH sides in more than one religious war/crusade are actually right.
However, I will not analyze the religious aspects further, to avoid a flame war.

As of politics, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is obviously a Templar, as he's practically a modern Nero in terms of both politics, self-image and hobbies. We'll have to wait a while to see if Assassins have any influence in Italy. Also, remember the TV broadcast thing from Brotherhood? Berlusconi owns HALF of Italy's TV channels.

Mikhail Gorbachev, last head of state of the Soviet Union, was probably in liege with Assassins, as he was a major force in the break-up of USSR. Since his time, however, the Templars seem to have reclaimed power, as evidenced by some of Vladimir Putin's methods. And Putin's charm and coolness (confirmed even by some of his most rabid critics) could be because of a Piece of Eden.

Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez seems to be a classic case of a promising, democratic leader descending into paranoid dictator mode, especially after the failed(and Templar-associated, without doubt) coup d'état of 2002. Maybe he was a Templar all along, or he's got a Piece of Eden that's slowly taking over his mind.

North Korea and Iran... well, these countries have to do SOMETHING to keep a secluded, cartoonishly (but most certainly unfunny) evil, dictatorship up-and-going.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Crouching.Tiger:
One of the funniest implications in the Assassin's Creed universe is that the idea of creationism is more or less spot-on, and also a lot of religions are more true than most people believe. That means MANY fundamentalist groups of vastly different religions are actually true in their beliefs, and BOTH sides in more than one religious war/crusade are actually right.
However, I will not analyze the religious aspects further, to avoid a flame war.

As of politics, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is obviously a Templar, as he's practically a modern Nero in terms of both politics, self-image and hobbies. We'll have to wait a while to see if Assassins have any influence in Italy. Also, remember the TV broadcast thing from Brotherhood? Berlusconi owns HALF of Italy's TV channels.

Mikhail Gorbachev, last head of state of the Soviet Union, was probably in liege with Assassins, as he was a major force in the break-up of USSR. Since his time, however, the Templars seem to have reclaimed power, as evidenced by some of Vladimir Putin's methods. And Putin's charm and coolness (confirmed even by some of his most rabid critics) could be because of a Piece of Eden.

Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez seems to be a classic case of a promising, democratic leader descending into paranoid dictator mode, especially after the failed(and Templar-associated, without doubt) coup d'état of 2002. Maybe he was a Templar all along, or he's got a Piece of Eden that's slowly taking over his mind.

North Korea and Iran... well, these countries have to do SOMETHING to keep a secluded, cartoonishly (but most certainly unfunny) evil, dictatorship up-and-going.
All very good points.

eagleforlife1
11-09-2011, 08:08 AM

95% of these people were mindless idiots who didn't have the capacity in their brains to understand the economic situation or even why there were protests in the first place. The original protests were based on the police killing a black man and the black community stood up to protest in his honour. However, a lot of those who were involved in the riots were white and gave no thought to the black man who was killed when they were breaking a Malaysian boy's jaw on the pavement, or burning 140-year-old family businesses down. They were rioting because they thought that it was fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, it's not something conscious. They're not actively making the decision: "hey, I feel frustrated, so I must wreck the city to relieve myself". That's not how it works. It had nothing to do with any form of "understanding" the economic situation. They were probably in some ways affected by it (they or their parents losing their jobs, losing money they had on the bank, generally just living a less luxurious life, etc.). I'm not saying that what they did was excusable, but people just don't randomly go rioting. There's always a source of frustration. It's naive to think that people just do such things because they're stupid. Their subconscious is always making the real, spot-on decisions and the subconscious rarely makes a decision that doesn't make sense. If the decision is a bad one, then that's usually because the factors that play a role are different from what it usually has to deal with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I am trying to say is that the originators of the riots may well have been effected by the economic situation. However, the economic situation has no bearing on the people who jumped on the bandwagon (both young and old) and saw what they could get away with leading to them needlessly ruining and damaging people's lives because using their own words "They think it's fun".

LightRey
11-09-2011, 08:15 AM
What I am trying to say is that the originators of the riots may well have been effected by the economic situation. However, the economic situation has no bearing on the people who jumped on the bandwagon (both young and old) and saw what they could get away with leading to them needlessly ruining and damaging people's lives because using their own words "They think it's fun".
And I'm saying it's the other way 'round. The first ones were actually seriously upset by the fact that the police had shot and killed someone, but the people who eventually joined in did so for fun (as to vent any frustration they had, be it because of economic circumstances or other things).