PDA

View Full Version : Concerning screenshots and movies.....

Coffee999
11-06-2004, 02:55 AM
A few questions.

1. How do I convert the screens with the tga format into something I can see? Also, everything I make a screenshot the latest always overrides the previous. So there is only one screen called grab0000.tga. It doesn't save the next as grab0001.tga or something. Just overrides the last.

2. How do I take a recording and turn it into an AVI file or something I can send to freinds that don't have the game? Does PF have a builtin that alows you to do this, or do I need a third party program?

Thanks for any answers. I really like this sim. I never thought I would go for anything that didn't have a jet engine in it. I loved Lockon, but haven't flown it since PF. :-)

Coffee999
11-06-2004, 02:55 AM
A few questions.

1. How do I convert the screens with the tga format into something I can see? Also, everything I make a screenshot the latest always overrides the previous. So there is only one screen called grab0000.tga. It doesn't save the next as grab0001.tga or something. Just overrides the last.

2. How do I take a recording and turn it into an AVI file or something I can send to freinds that don't have the game? Does PF have a builtin that alows you to do this, or do I need a third party program?

Thanks for any answers. I really like this sim. I never thought I would go for anything that didn't have a jet engine in it. I loved Lockon, but haven't flown it since PF. :-)

drapis
11-06-2004, 03:51 AM
1. convert *.tga files in *.jpg using some graphics program like Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop, or some free/shareware utils - ACD See. And I've never heard of that bug of yours (overwriting over and over). Maybe reinstall the game?

2. Use in-game save track option to keep the record of your flight. Then you have to use some video capturing software to capture *.trk file into *.avi WHEN you replay it in the Il-2 (FRAPS is probably the best - http://www.fraps.com/ ).

Longjocks
11-06-2004, 04:19 AM
Speaking of Fraps, you may also want to use it for taking screenshots to save the whole conversion bother. I personally use Grap Clip Save for screenshots though.