PDA

View Full Version : IUB 1.02 Installation

sharpy34
11-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi,
when i click the .exe file to download it asks me where i want to extract to.. where do i extract to????????

sharpy34
11-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi,
when i click the .exe file to download it asks me where i want to extract to.. where do i extract to????????

Horvald
11-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Use JSGME to install all your mods. It will put all the files in there correct folders for you. Wow I feel like I am the official spokesperson for JSGME.

bunkerratt
11-19-2005, 12:01 PM
when all else fails ..try reading the read me ...better yet use the jsgme... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Bubblehead1948
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Need confirmation: can you replace rub with Iub on the fly without losing a career in progress? Wait till in port?

Kaleun1961
11-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Definitely wait until you are in port when you install most mods. If you overwrite certain game files while at sea, the saved game will not recognize the new files, will look for the old files, and failing to find them, will crash the game. Best to be safe and install mods while in port.

IUB is based upon Real U-boat. You can install IUB on top of RUB, but some features from RUB will be overwritten. Sorry, it is a choice between RUB and IUB, since they both share certain files.

Dingzoom
11-22-2005, 01:19 PM
hey guys...especially those of you who say "read the readme"....like yes, we do ***IF*** there is a read me...most of these mods have no readme with them & I, for one, haven't a clue where to put any of them...

My understanding of this wonderful tool...JSGME...which I do have...will NOT put any downloaded mod into the correct file unless it was created with JSGME in mind.

Otherwise you would have to know where to put the file even in JSGME if it wasnt created in jsgme...

If that mod doesn't ((and most don't)have a read me then there is no way for most of us to even come close to putting it in the correct place.

I have put mods in this wonderful jsgme & they didn't work!!!

So, lwhat is the secret way to figure out where this modders mod should go when the modder didn't put in a small readme?