PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Strafing

captainbong1970
04-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I was flying an He-111 and wanted to kill a train, I missed with my bombs, and awitched to gunner positions and blazed away, can you kill things with your side or rear gunners.

captainbong1970
04-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I was flying an He-111 and wanted to kill a train, I missed with my bombs, and awitched to gunner positions and blazed away, can you kill things with your side or rear gunners.

tigertalon
04-26-2006, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by captainbong1970:
I was flying an He-111 and wanted to kill a train, I missed with my bombs, and awitched to gunner positions and blazed away, can you kill things with your side or rear gunners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the reason He111 was reequipped with 20mm MGFF in a nose. (for defence purposes it would seem more logical to be in ventral/dorsal position)

StG2_Schlachter
04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by captainbong1970:
I was flying an He-111 and wanted to kill a train, I missed with my bombs, and awitched to gunner positions and blazed away, can you kill things with your side or rear gunners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the reason He111 was reequipped with 20mm MGFF in a nose. (for defence purposes it would seem more logical to be in ventral/dorsal position) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Positive. Needs patience and good aim though.

captainbong1970
04-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys.

If I switch to the nosegunner the autopilot takes over, he never wants to help me with my ground target killing mission.

I think I learned on an IL2 and this has had the effect of making me fly everything like a fighterbomber. I should try and work out the bombsight, at the moment I can only do lowlevel bombing.

Pig_Mac
04-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys.

If I switch to the nosegunner the autopilot takes over, he never wants to help me with my ground target killing mission.

I think I learned on an IL2 and this has had the effect of making me fly everything like a fighterbomber. I should try and work out the bombsight, at the moment I can only do lowlevel bombing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use the 'Toggle level autopilot' to keep controlling the plane while changing positions, and use 'normal' autopilot to toggle manual control on/off on the turrets your at. Really handy if it's just some trucks left that you want to strafe with the 111. It also works good in trains, Just take out the train first, then the railcars are a piece of cake.

The 'Toggle level autopilot' is a use once command. toggle it once and it remembers that you don't want the AI to take over your ride when you jump positions.

Good choice that you want to start levelbombing, it's great fun