PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 7 - Memory 4 - Decommissioned... AUGH!

Corrupt_Chaste
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Perhaps i'm the only one but ive been trying to 100% this mission and it is driving me INSANE. I cant get hit a single time and have to fight like.. 20 guards. I really REALLY hate this mission with every fiber of my being. Someone get on here and agree with me so I feel better! XD

twenty_glyphs
12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I just went for the Full Sync on this the other night and felt the same way. When will the mission designers learn that completing a whole mission without losing one single point of health is NOT FUN?! Especially when the mission handicaps you and forces you into fighting each set of guards. There is no way to sneak around them by being crafty, and their awareness is so high that they recognize you instantly and immediately run towards you, sometimes even when they're not yet in my own line of sight.

To beat it, I just had to spam bombs like crazy. I took impact shell splinter bombs with the largest blast radius into the mission. I imagine taking smoke bombs or caltrop bombs into the mission as your tactical bomb would also be a good backup. I also had to use a trick I recently discovered on my own. When you pull up the weapon wheels, if you select a bomb on the right wheel, a little text prompt will show up near the right bottom of the screen with the "A" button (on Xbox 360) prompting you to craft that bomb. So basically you can recraft the same bomb type over and over without visiting a bomb crafting table if you have the necessary ingredients by going to the weapon wheel and highlighting that bomb and pressing "A". I don't know if this ability exists from the moment you can use bombs or if it's some kind of later upgrade.

So I just kept using my splinter bombs on each group of guards I found. I would target a guard ASAP and hit the secondary weapon button to throw the bomb immediately. If the guards were already running towards me and getting close, I would run back to regroup myself and make them chase me until I felt like I could get a lock on to throw my bomb.

On the first set of 4 guards, you can get them quick enough before they run at you, then you just have to move slowly through the area to activate each set. Try to get one set of 2 guards to notice you but still stay out of the next set's line of sight. That helps as you turn the first corner after getting inside the guarded area -- try to get those 2 guards to notice you without actually going around that corner so the next set of 2 guards at the top of the stairs don't see you. Sometimes you can use throwing knives or the crossbow if you're fast enough. But generally I just used a splinter bomb and then recrafted more from the weapon wheel when I was running out. It still took me 10 or more tries to beat it because the guards are stupidly over-aggressive. I still had to fight one or two soldiers one on one, but at least I could manage that without getting hit.

Sarari
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Is it that mission in Cappadocia? God I hated that mission so much. I felt like breaking my Xbox and crying of anger LMAO

Corrupt_Chaste
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I just went for the Full Sync on this the other night and felt the same way. When will the mission designers learn that completing a whole mission without losing one single point of health is NOT FUN?! Especially when the mission handicaps you and forces you into fighting each set of guards. There is no way to sneak around them by being crafty, and their awareness is so high that they recognize you instantly and immediately run towards you, sometimes even when they're not yet in my own line of sight.

To beat it, I just had to spam bombs like crazy. I took impact shell splinter bombs with the largest blast radius into the mission. I imagine taking smoke bombs or caltrop bombs into the mission as your tactical bomb would also be a good backup. I also had to use a trick I recently discovered on my own. When you pull up the weapon wheels, if you select a bomb on the right wheel, a little text prompt will show up near the right bottom of the screen with the "A" button (on Xbox 360) prompting you to craft that bomb. So basically you can recraft the same bomb type over and over without visiting a bomb crafting table if you have the necessary ingredients by going to the weapon wheel and highlighting that bomb and pressing "A". I don't know if this ability exists from the moment you can use bombs or if it's some kind of later upgrade.

So I just kept using my splinter bombs on each group of guards I found. On the first set of 4, you can get them quick enough before they run at you, then you just have to move slowly through the area to activate each set. Try to get one set of 2 guards to notice you but still stay out of the next set's line of sight. That helps as you turn the first corner after getting inside the guarded area -- try to get those 2 guards to notice you without actually going around that corner so the next set of 2 guards at the top of the stairs don't see you. Sometimes you can use throwing knives or the crossbow if you're fast enough. But generally I just used a splinter bomb and then recrafted more from the weapon wheel when I was running out. It still took me 10 or more tries to beat it because the guards are stupidly over-aggressive. I still had to fight one or two soldiers one on one, but at least I could manage that without getting hit.

I JUST finished it using the bombs (which I normally never use). I made impact caltrop/splinter bombs and used them on the large groups. The smaller groups I took down with poison darts and bullets. Still had to retry like 10 times. Really terrible mission = /

Sarari
12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Same!! I used the bombs on the first group of guards once you reach the top. When I restarted it for the like 20th time, I accidently through it on the wall and they came to investigate. I stayed hanging on the wooden platform for minutes man minutes! lol

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I think the real frustration of this mission is not encountering the guards, instead being how when you reset for the Full Sync, it places you so that you have to climb up the giant rock face again and again, and that if you're not fully equipped with bombs when you start it, you will start out again and again with bombs missing.

Mikl-90-
12-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah that one was annoying but nothing compared to the Master Assassin mission where you must protect that LOVING Herald who was talking smack about five seconds before you tell him people are out to kill him. It's the only mission I can't full synch, and I full synched every mission in ACB.

LightRey
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Mikl-90-:
Yeah that one was annoying but nothing compared to the Master Assassin mission where you must protect that LOVING Herald who was talking smack about five seconds before you tell him people are out to kill him. It's the only mission I can't full synch, and I full synched every mission in ACB.
Smoke bombs.

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikl-90-:
Smoke bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also throw a stink bomb on the guy with a sticky pouch.

LightRey
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikl-90-:
Smoke bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also throw a stink bomb on the guy with a sticky pouch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, that's a very good idea. Ima try that in my next playthrough.

twenty_glyphs
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I think the real frustration of this mission is not encountering the guards, instead being how when you reset for the Full Sync, it places you so that you have to climb up the giant rock face again and again, and that if you're not fully equipped with bombs when you start it, you will start out again and again with bombs missing.

I agree that that is a big part of the frustration. As bad as it was, at least it wasn't as bad as the 5+ minutes you had to spend sneaking around without getting detected before you could get in the tank in Brotherhood every time you had to replay it.

The Full Sync system needs a major overhaul. They really need to rethink that system and figure out a better way of doing it. The basic idea of being more in sync with how your ancestor lived that memory is cool, but the implementation is often lame, including what they choose as the optional objective. I almost feel like instead of completing some optional objective, I'd rather pick up style points like you get in the multiplayer game. Earn enough for that mission and you'll be 100%-synced with it. After playing the multiplayer, I have a strong desire to see the focus icon appearing over a target's head in the singleplayer game while standing on a rooftop so I can roof them and get a Focus bonus...

masterfenix2009
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Bombs make things so much easier.

ghostferret
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I know this is a minority opinion, but I found this mission both frustrating AND very satisfying once I got 100% synch. The reason was that it required tactics and planning rather than just blasting my way through. I ended up using all three classes of bombs, taking out groups of four guards with impact splinter bombs and luring pairs into line-of-sight with cherry bombs to get them to chase me to a good spot where I could immobilize them with caltrops. When I nailed it, I felt like a real, crafty killer. Personally I like the 100% synch addition; it makes you think about the mission and usually discover there was a better way to get it done than what you tried the first time.

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ghostferret:
I know this is a minority opinion, but I found this mission both frustrating AND very satisfying once I got 100% synch. The reason was that it required tactics and planning rather than just blasting my way through. I ended up using all three classes of bombs, taking out groups of four guards with impact splinter bombs and luring pairs into line-of-sight with cherry bombs to get them to chase me to a good spot where I could immobilize them with caltrops. When I nailed it, I felt like a real, crafty killer. Personally I like the 100% synch addition; it makes you think about the mission and usually discover there was a better way to get it done than what you tried the first time.

You're right, I can't fault you for that, but what about the missions where you aren't challenged?

Most people will breeze though them and when they come across something hard, they will believe that it is too hard for them.

While it shouldn't necessarily put you in the Tank Mission situation, I believe that there needs to be a tad more difficulty to some of the easier missions, only so that they require a little more thought in navigating through them.

value_zero
12-12-2011, 02:27 AM
I havent got any problems with that mission i beat it from the first time with 100% on without bombs, the only missions i restarted was the thief mission and champion part 2, beside theese two missions i beated the game with no restarts or replayings for the 100% sync, the game isnt hard at all, just try to enter conflict and strafing infront of the guards for 1-2 seconds of the start of the conflict than stop, and counter and execute, stay in the center of the room dont be near stairs or something that made the guards buggy spin around like chicken and hit u (that way the game thinks u run away from them and they are making super fast swing with their weapons so they can stop u from running those attacks arent dodgable or counterable, in acb they werent blockable either, but they at least fix the block in this game, but u cant relly on it).
I was really ****ed when acb i was achieving 400 kill streak without getting hit and some random spawned guy ran towards me and made this super fast swing thinks that i was running from him.

PhiIs1618033
12-12-2011, 02:53 AM
I suggest you practice your combat some more. I did it with a heavy weapon, which can also counter other heavy weapons, making the mission a lot easier. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

value_zero
12-12-2011, 04:24 AM
I would of suggest him using medium sword, you can counter as the same weps as the heavy, starting execution streak takes 1 hit longer with the medium, but combining it with the pistol its more effective, since in brotherhood while using heavy weapon you could only counter heavy weapons and spears while execution is in progress, i mean the heavy and medium swords have been balanced and had equally pros and cons, now the medium weps are better.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 04:44 AM
Amazingly, I got 100% on this mission in my 2nd & 3rd gameplay on the first try.

I had brushed up on my bomb skills & used that smoke bomb before they rushed me & it helped once or twice too. & I used a lethal bomb on the 2 guards behind the crates earlier on too (just up the first set of steps) - you can stand back far enough not to get their attn.

But ya, if you get hit just once, it's over with & you have to start the memory over with each group of guards on the way.
But as hard as this one is, that's what sync's are for - challenge.

Ubi's darned either way - if they make it super hard, they get trashed, if they make it easier they get trashed.
Honestly what are they supposed to do?

This one & Protecting the Herald are the hardest ones I think, but still, if it weren't for these couple missions, how easy would it be for the Advanced fans?.

So I'll say it again, I hope they offer us a difficulty choice in future installments even tho it may be more time consuming.

ultraboykj
12-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Distraction bombs will bring 8 guards from a single region to the same spot.

1 distraction + 1 impact = dead group of guards.

Played it twice and realized that it was very difficult to get it without getting touched, so used bombs. Got it on my third attempt.

For the record, its doable without bombs, I made it to the last group before getting hit once .. so its doable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shaunzy95
12-12-2011, 08:18 AM
I finished the game, but last week I went to get full sync on missions I failed at the first time. This was one of them. It only took me the second attempt. All I did was use a poison bomb for the first set of guards, a smoke bomb on the second then a poison bomb on the guys o the stairs. At the point where you have to go to the gate to escape, I got spotted and they chased me. But it was the large armour guys so they couldn't run fast. I climbed up the nearest building I could and just used the poison darts on them. It was pretty simple. Hope this helped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ultraboykj
12-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I should mention that I was using the high end axe ( heavy ) when I did it. Will deflect everything.

Shaunzy95
12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
I agree that the Herald mission took ages! I ignored the advice in the guidebook and just used throwing knives on them. But yeah, that was the hardest mission in the whole game for me. If it wasn't for that mission and a few others though, it would be a really easy game. So I don't mind the difficult challenges, even if they are infuriating.

ultraboykj
12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
smoke and tripwire bombs with poison ( datura I think ) for the herald mission. Yeah, that was tough too.

Shaunzy95
12-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Ah cool. Yeah, took me about 7 or 8 attempts to finally get it.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by ultraboykj:
smoke and tripwire bombs with poison ( datura I think ) for the herald mission. Yeah, that was tough too.
Tripwire?
You know I still haven't used one of those yet. So I don't know how it would work in that short amount of time as they come at you.
The throwing knives worked great but there was always one idiot who'd get in there.

I wish that herald would move into the corner of his platform & wall so it's easier to guard him.

Oh well, it's a super fun mission, just crazy when they come out of nowhere on you.
I counted some 20 attempts & finally just took my 50% to spare my tv screen
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Originally posted by assassino151:
Bombs make things so much easier.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I mentioned it before in another thread, but I'm replaying ACB right now & I don't know how many times I've wished I had a bomb of some sort.
I HOPE they keep them in future games!!

twenty_glyphs
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I have no problem with some difficulty and the optional sync requirements being challenging. My problem is a lot of times the challenges are not designed well and not fun, so they become pure frustration. If this memory in Cappadocia had a better level design that you could sneak through in a challenging way I would enjoy it much more because of the options available. But it's just a linear level that you are funneled through, forcing you to either totally master a flaky combat system or figure out a bomb strategy while engaging guards with a much higher awareness than anywhere else in the game.

So my problem with the full sync system usually ends up being more what the optional objectives are. If they keep it, they need to get better at coming up with those optional requirements so they are fun and unique, not just "don't lose any health", which I hated in Brotherhood as well. I enjoy the ones like "assassinate this person from a rooftop" much more.

ultraboykj
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
You have *just* enough time to get a tripwire down between each "volley" of herald killers.

ultraboykj
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I think you can use your assassins as well can't you? I just restarted last night ... want to see how monotonous it is to get 100% everything ( IE city, treasures, books, etc etc )

Shaunzy95
12-12-2011, 12:28 PM
No, you can't use your Assassin's for either of the missions. That's one of the reasons why it's difficult.

SolidSage
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Take no damage missions were easy, using the dodge move more than the block or counter makes you nigh untouchable...no sweat. Or do it with ranged weapons and make it super easy.

Herald WAS a pain until I employed wide radius caltrops.

Shaunzy95
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
True that. Thowing knives helped a lot with the Herald mission. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif