PDA

View Full Version : Add a country

hemitheus17
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
How would I go about adding a country to the IL2 game series?

Example. Say I wanted to add Canada or Djbouti whatever. What changes do i make to which files to allow this to run in the game? Where are the graphics such as the roundels stored... etc

thanks all

hemitheus17
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
How would I go about adding a country to the IL2 game series?

Example. Say I wanted to add Canada or Djbouti whatever. What changes do i make to which files to allow this to run in the game? Where are the graphics such as the roundels stored... etc

thanks all

polak5
09-26-2007, 07:52 PM
You can try and download custom skins... and fly a plane from a Canadian squadron for example.
Then you could make a custom mission.

ElAurens
09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
These files are hard coded into the game and are not changeable by the end user.

As Polak5 suggested, all you can do is get or make a skin for the aircraft with whatever country you wish to fly for.

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Short answer, no, with an exclamation point, long answer, yes, but you can't name the country, it ends up being named "none". It's how I made a "Chinese" campaign branch for a campaign, but instead of being called "China", the name of the country will always be "None"

But you can make your own icon, spalsh, and music for the country. Put a new folder in youyr 'campaign' folder named "NN", and you'll have the "None" country in your campaign countries list now. The catch is you can't name the country

martin_591
09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hemitheus17:
roundels stored </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you desired make this?:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3499/il22007092716153387su6.jpg

For that, its easy without touch the skin (in my screen, its the default skin), you download il2 mat manager and you play with the setting and you can have the roundl of your choice (canadian, egyptian, iraq, etc)

il-2 mat manager: http://www.acesartwork.co.uk/
click the french flag with the word «téléchargement», click where is the Track-ir.
the web site is in french, but the read-me is in english.
begin by the version «IL2-MAT Manager v2.33 PLUS»

ElAurens
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Of course MatManager only works for the single user. No one else online can see the markings.

Hence, useless online.

hemitheus17
09-27-2007, 03:55 PM
this
"Short answer, no, with an exclamation point, long answer, yes, but you can't name the country, it ends up being named "none". It's how I made a "Chinese" campaign branch for a campaign, but instead of being called "China", the name of the country will always be "None"

But you can make your own icon, spalsh, and music for the country. Put a new folder in youyr 'campaign' folder named "NN", and you'll have the "None" country in your campaign countries list now. The catch is you can't name the country"

is the answer i needed... thank you so much gentlemen.