PDA

View Full Version : The Formation Pilot's Mindset

ZK-DABLIN
03-25-2006, 12:05 AM
http://earthchronicals.org/zkdablin/article.php?story=20060203125347486

This is an article I wrote earlier this year for the benefit of my squadron to help educate them about the importance of formation flying.

This is located on both the RCAFAC Squadron Server and my own website. I just recently realised how important this information can go toward helping those throughout the main IL-2 community within these forums.

I am no expert at formation flying but have achieved quite an understanding about it, enough to make my flying ability more successful and second nature. It works for me atleast so I hope a little background knowledge will go along way toward helping others achieve the same success.

I was considering copying it within these forums but realised it would only serve as a waste of disk space, it is already stored on the net in two locations.

The version on my site is newer and contains less spelling and gramatical mistakes so I'll post a link to that version. If anyone realises further errors especially within the text please let me know. I respect constructive critisism and wish only to understand the truth for what it is.

=S=

DABLIN

danjama
03-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Very well written and a nice read. It would of helped me out when i was learning about formation flying and its uses, i recommend it to anyone who wants to fly proper formation.

danjama
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Another bump, this is a good article!