PDA

View Full Version : Some simple wishes for campaign play

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Hello

I have been playing FB quite a bit, and since I prefer playing offline campaigns, I have a few wishes.
First, the wingman AI is in serious need of a fix, but this has been mentioned a lot elsewhere.
Mu entire flight is shot down on most if not all missions, either because they happily cruise and even loiter over deadly, enemy radarguided AAA, or because they are totally inept at flying their aircraft in a dogfight. This is particularly the case as German.
Ok, but one of the simple wishes, I have, is the ability as a flight lead to assign pilots from the squadron roster to the individual flight positions. Just assigning pilots from the top of the roster and down is not the way to go and totally unrealistic.
Another thing, I would like, is the ability to modify the route and waypoints. Cruising the entire waqy to the assigned ares at 500 M just to run out of gas going home does nok make sense, nor does it make sense to plot the route over all the enemy AAA on the map.
Allow the user to specify a skin for the entire flight or squadron. I know this ability is available through third party add-ons, but not everyone has the opportunity or the will to download or use these.
Last, it would be really nice to be able to skip at least some of the dull enroute part. Flying for ten minutes at 8 x speed on autopilot to the target area, only to have the AI crash the plane into your wingman, is not really my idea of fun.

I am flying the 1.1b version.

These are a few of the improvements, I think would make the game even more enjoyable. More eyecandy and more flyable planes is nice too, but the mentioned issues should be relatively easily addressed, I hope.

Thanks

Viper Driver

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Hello

I have been playing FB quite a bit, and since I prefer playing offline campaigns, I have a few wishes.
First, the wingman AI is in serious need of a fix, but this has been mentioned a lot elsewhere.
Mu entire flight is shot down on most if not all missions, either because they happily cruise and even loiter over deadly, enemy radarguided AAA, or because they are totally inept at flying their aircraft in a dogfight. This is particularly the case as German.
Ok, but one of the simple wishes, I have, is the ability as a flight lead to assign pilots from the squadron roster to the individual flight positions. Just assigning pilots from the top of the roster and down is not the way to go and totally unrealistic.
Another thing, I would like, is the ability to modify the route and waypoints. Cruising the entire waqy to the assigned ares at 500 M just to run out of gas going home does nok make sense, nor does it make sense to plot the route over all the enemy AAA on the map.
Allow the user to specify a skin for the entire flight or squadron. I know this ability is available through third party add-ons, but not everyone has the opportunity or the will to download or use these.
Last, it would be really nice to be able to skip at least some of the dull enroute part. Flying for ten minutes at 8 x speed on autopilot to the target area, only to have the AI crash the plane into your wingman, is not really my idea of fun.

I am flying the 1.1b version.

These are a few of the improvements, I think would make the game even more enjoyable. More eyecandy and more flyable planes is nice too, but the mentioned issues should be relatively easily addressed, I hope.

Thanks

Viper Driver

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 05:35 PM
hopefully most of these issues will be addressed in the next patch whenever that will be.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_01.jpg