PDA

View Full Version : Zero Punctuation Review

TrueDemonzBane
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM
ok, some people might not have heard of Yahtzee or Zero Punctuation, or The Escapist Magazine at all, so here is a link to the Assasszin's Creed Brotherhood review:

http://www.escapistmagazine.co...ns-Creed-Brotherhood (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2519-Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood)

also know that he has a review for the first two chapters as well, along with many other games, i tend to agree with him on alot of things, so enjoy, and tell me what you think of his review

itsamea-mario
01-05-2011, 11:21 AM
That's cause he's AWESOME!!!

TrueDemonzBane
01-05-2011, 11:23 AM
he lives in australia, which makes his accient even more awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

itsamea-mario
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
But he's got an English accent.

TrueDemonzBane
01-05-2011, 12:32 PM
very similar actually, it depends on what part of australia you are in, some parts even have some french, but the "aussie" version of english is very dominant, think of it as the southern slang of the british dialects

Xanatos2007
01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Nope, it's an English accent. Although when he talks fast it sometimes sounds American.

Australian accents are really annoying.

eFiend
01-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Well he can be funny but that's all he is, fun entertainment. As a serious critic? Naah as the bashing is just his gimmick and can't be taken seriously.

And he's born in England and now lives in Australia.

IIwangcarsII
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Why are you guys so bothered if he's british or not? What do you think he might have a big nose or something, so you cant enjoy the humor?...

I think he's pretty funny tbh and think his voice would make a better sarcastic shawn.

Abeonis
01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
Why are you guys so bothered if he's british or not? What do you think he might have a big nose or something, so you cant enjoy the humor?...

I think he's pretty funny tbh and think his voice would make a better sarcastic shawn.

Are you insinuating that people from the UK all have big noses and as such, can not possibly understand humour?

Rakudaton
01-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

Are you insinuating that people from the UK all have big noses and as such, can not possibly understand humour? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incidentally I am British and happen to have quite a big nose... Nevertheless, the British nose tends to be average-sized. Racist! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Anyway, we Brits have a great sense of humour. Come on, we invented cricket and then fooled people into thinking it was a sport! *gasps* oh the hilarity

TrueDemonzBane
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
personally, the british are one of my favorite peoples, the first beint the italian, cause of their food, history, culture...and assassin's creed 2 and bro >> but yahtzee is my favorite reviewer, and it'd be awesome to just hang with him

Serrachio
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
It says under the video:

Yahtzee is a British-born, currently Australian-based writer and gamer with a sweet hat and a chip on his shoulder. When he isn't talking very fast into a headset mic he also designs freeware adventure games and has a novel coming out soon. His personal site is www.fullyramblomatic.com (http://www.fullyramblomatic.com).

rocketxsurgeon
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm British http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

& i love Zero Punctuation, hialrious :P

magesupermaster
01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
One of my best friends is british.

Also, another one of my friends can't read out loud unless he does a horrible british accent.

And Yahtzee is the best! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

itsamea-mario
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm british, so.. do i get a prize or what.
I reckon that we've got the best humour, and as hard as it is for me to say but i think the americans may be second.

ThaWhistle
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhahahaa, he would like that guy with hte face and the hair... whats his name.... Prince Charles or something?

itsamea-mario
01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Apparently the rightful king of england, is some australian farmer.

Abeonis
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I don't care what some stupid documentary says, there is no chance in hell the "rightful" heir to the throne of my country is some Australian farmer.

I reckon that we've got the best humour, and as hard as it is for me to say but i think the americans may be second.

Honestly, I find American humour to be somewhat... lacking. It's too heavily focused on lead, punchline. I prefer the wit of Monty Python and modern English (and British) comedians.

TrueDemonzBane
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I don't care what some stupid documentary says, there is no chance in hell the "rightful" heir to the throne of my country is some Australian farmer.

Honestly, I find American humour to be somewhat... lacking. It's too heavily focused on lead, punchline. I prefer the wit of Monty Python and modern English (and British) comedians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>to be honest, most americans thought that a majority of monty python's flying circus was some insane man writing script and people blindly following, i on the other hand loved most of MP's work, specially Search for the Holy Grail

IIwangcarsII
01-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Lol i'm british, i was stating that a lot of americans think that the majority of english people have big noses, which is not entirey true.

TheSpectator
01-06-2011, 05:24 AM
MONTY PYTHON FTW!!!
AUSTRALIA FTW!!!!!
AMERICANS.............not so much win

TrueDemonzBane
01-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
MONTY PYTHON FTW!!!
AUSTRALIA FTW!!!!!
AMERICANS.............not so much win need we remind the rest of the world who saved the day during ww2? yes, i'll admit we didnt attack till japan had kicked sand in our face, but that doesnt change the fact that america saved europe from speaking german, and london from being pretty much destoryed, now, i wont say we did it single-handedly, many great countrymen from all over joined with us to save the day, and im sorry for all the innocents that died during the a-bombings, but that doesnt change the fact that we did something great in the past...and now we're laying around, so we get at least a FTW about it

no, this isnt a ww2 discussion, i was simply defending the honor of my country, however much is left, so carry on with the Review thread

IIwangcarsII
01-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Americans may have helped win ww2 but that doesnt give them the right to stereotype us brits in drinking tea, speaking posh and having big noses. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 06:23 AM
My Dad's British.

I'm not.

We're... not related... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

He's got a good sense of humour though.

Also, I'm from right next door to Australia.

And Yahtzee is British-born but lives in Australia. His accent is more awesome when living there because he's keeping it in favour of starting to sound like an Aussie. Which would mean a far less awesome accent than he currently has.

notafanboy
01-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSpectator:
MONTY PYTHON FTW!!!
AUSTRALIA FTW!!!!!
AMERICANS.............not so much win need we remind the rest of the world who saved the day during ww2? yes, i'll admit we didnt attack till japan had kicked sand in our face, but that doesnt change the fact that america saved europe from speaking german, and london from being pretty much destoryed, now, i wont say we did it single-handedly, many great countrymen from all over joined with us to save the day, and im sorry for all the innocents that died during the a-bombings, but that doesnt change the fact that we did something great in the past...and now we're laying around, so we get at least a FTW about it

no, this isnt a ww2 discussion, i was simply defending the honor of my country, however much is left, so carry on with the Review thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>honor of your country ?
its a piece land dangit!

Abeonis
01-06-2011, 07:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSpectator:
MONTY PYTHON FTW!!!
AUSTRALIA FTW!!!!!

no, this isnt a ww2 discussion, i was simply defending the honor of my country, however much is left, so carry on with the Review thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to turn this into an arguement over America's contribution during the war, you chose the wrong thread to do it in, especially since I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

If you think the US "saved the world" or even the UK for that matter, forom speaking German, you're sadly mistaken. By the time the US joined the war in Europe the germans had already invaded the USSR, and were well on the way to losing the war in Africa. Granted, US involvement probably speeded up Nazi germany's defeat, but without a doubt it was already well on the way to ruin.

You seem to forget that the US was the only country involved in either World War that was practically immune from damage due to it's distance from any theatre of warfare... I don't remember seeing any pictures of Washington DC in ruin, or New York. So don't insult me by suggesting that we were helpless and doomed to failure without your so called support.

The "honor of your country"? Don't make me laugh.

Xanatos2007
01-06-2011, 08:00 AM
The Russians helped win WWII by the way, not the Yankees who turned up one year after it started.

Rakudaton
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
The Russians helped win WWII by the way, not the Yankees who turned up one year after it started.

^^^ This.

Plus, if you're so keen on taking credit for America's actions in WW2, tell me: why didn't you just DEMONSTRATE the power of an A-bomb to the Japanese, rather than using it to slaughter two cities full of innocent civilians?

Abeonis
01-06-2011, 10:19 AM

The war started in 1939, the US didn't really get involved until 1942... that's three years.

TrueDemonzBane
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
ok ok ok, im sorry i brought it up, also, i dont stereotype the british with anything besides being british, i never said america was perfect, god knows we arent, i never said "amercia saved the world" simply that we helped, i'd also like to point out that THE BRITISH BURNED DOWN THE WHITEHOUSE and 911, there's your "cities in ruin" personally, i'd rather live in the UK, or itally, than america, but i dont have the money to make such a dramatic move, so oh well, i never insinuated that america was better, there was a time that we were better than we are now, but that time is long past, and now we're kinda coasting, but that's enough of this "who's better" and all this war crap, it's over, americans get a ftw, but america itself, im not so sure about that, let's stop talking about it, i'd really hate for this thread to be shut down because it's become unconstructive, i apologize for bringing it up

back to the topic; yahtzee is really great, i do feel sorry that he gets the short end of the stick when it comes to game releases, but he takes it in stride, so good for him, personally, i wish i was his neighbor, no telling what kind of antics he gets up to

itsamea-mario
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well our current monarchy the windsors, or saxe-coberg, as they should be called, didn't get the throne by inheritance. but its not like they do mutch anyway.

And America did not save us in the war, THEY WERE LATE!!!

Xanatos2007
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I rather like Yahtzees highly critical reviewing style; if a game impresses him then you know it must be pretty bloody good. Although sometimes it's hard to tell whether or not he likes a game.

TrueDemonzBane
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
I rather like Yahtzees highly critical reviewing style; if a game impresses him then you know it must be pretty bloody good. Although sometimes it's hard to tell whether or not he likes a game. when he likes a game, it's usually a more colorful video, whereas if he doesnt like it, there's alot of brown

ThaWhistle
01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

The war started in 1939, the US didn't really get involved until 1942... that's three years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are terrible at math.

World War 2 started in September of 1939. America joined in December of 1941. that is just over 2 years. But nearly that the whole time we were supplying the Soviets and UK with all sorts of supplies.

this whole argument is utterly ******ed though. Who won ww2? the allies. who did the most work? who gives a ****, its useless argument that equates to people living vicariously through the past actions of others. Its a ****ing match and its pointless.

Abeonis
01-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

The war started in 1939, the US didn't really get involved until 1942... that's three years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are terrible at math.

World War 2 started in September of 1939. America joined in December of 1941. that is just over 2 years. But nearly that the whole time we were supplying the Soviets and UK with all sorts of supplies.

this whole argument is utterly ******ed though. Who won ww2? the allies. who did the most work? who gives a ****, its useless argument that equates to people living vicariously through the past actions of others. Its a ****ing match and its pointless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Technically, I didn't mention months, so '39 to '42 is three years. Also, i'm aware the US declared war in December '41, but they didn't practically get involved in Europe until '43.

I'm not arguing about the war now, just the dates :P

Serrachio
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
i'd also like to point out that THE BRITISH BURNED DOWN THE WHITEHOUSE and 911

I'm sorry, what's that supposed to mean?

Abeonis
01-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:

I'm sorry, what's that supposed to mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was trying to compare the scale of those two events to the Blitz; he failed.

Serrachio
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:

I'm sorry, what's that supposed to mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was trying to compare the scale of those two events to the Blitz; he failed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he was trying to say the British caused 911 there for a moment.

Black_Widow9
01-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Please post any reviews here-
Official AC Brotherhood Reviews (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5251069024&m=3681078198&r=3681078198#3681078198)

All of the Country Flaming needs to end now.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>