PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a Torn Communtiy

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-10-2011, 06:46 PM
The main reason I got into this Forum was to try to bring back one of the BEST communities of gamers that I have ever found on an Xbox Live game. I've met so many great people since I joined the Ubi forums back in the days of FC Instincts and it's remained that way since then. I've not only met friends, but I've gained a family. Some of us have been talking, playing and even keeping in touch over email, facebook, myspace, and even in some cases in person since those days so many years ago. Map contests were announced in here, new maps were brought out and test runs announced, even weekend goof-arounds with any new maps were scheduled so we could spend time together playing, sharing maps and even sharing our lives with each other. I want that community to grow strong again because there isn't another FPS out there that can grow a family like this one can. All the others are about online ranked matches, leaderboards, and cocky prickass bragging rights. This game is about friends and sharing maps and having good games with people that like to do the exact same thing you do. So let's start bringing this community back to where it began so many years ago. Let's get the Far Cry Family back together and let's welcome new members to that family. Let's start sharing maps again, and playing games together on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Even on old games like Pred or FC2. Let's start now so when FC3 does hit shelves, we're not strangers, we're a family! I think the delayed but not too late announcement of FC3 is a perfect place to start. Who's with me?

SICK

legacyzero
06-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Lets just hope for an EARLY 2012 release. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Brimtown
06-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Personally, I don't want them to rush this one. If it takes until Fall 2012 to make the game the best it can be, then so be it. I want a game with a rock solid single player campaign, first-class multiplayer, and the best map editor thus far. Last time it seemed like they kinda rushed the multiplayer, only giving us a few measly modes. Hopefully they've learned their lesson, and have seen how many contemporary games are offering a plethora of game modes and customization options.

killa_677
06-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Brimtown:
Personally, I don't want them to rush this one. If it takes until Fall 2012 to make the game the best it can be, then so be it. I want a game with a rock solid single player campaign, first-class multiplayer, and the best map editor thus far. Last time it seemed like they kinda rushed the multiplayer, only giving us a few measly modes. Hopefully they've learned their lesson, and have seen how many contemporary games are offering a plethora of game modes and customization options.

My thoughts exactly.

Fallen-Champ
06-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Hey Sick you were always in my top 10 hosters on FCIP - Especially when you were stocked up on BEER.

Remember that map you made which had the old perverts house - the big map where you could drive around on wide roads IOWA or something, had some fun times with you hosting that.

You are right about the bond that FC has on people, it also brings a lot of rivalry which at times spills over - then there are those that dissappear and return to make maps, a strange thing FC - It is hard to get away from it and those that say their goodbyes often return for more.

I am wondering if we will see a tropical version of Fortaleza on FC3 (as you made one for each other version)

There are 2 other maps of yours that I would like to see remade but my memory is poor, I will check through the database at fcmaps and grab the names later when I get home.

I had some great times on the PS3 side of FC2 even though the game was poor the community was very welcoming.

I look forward to hanging out again sometime - the only hurdle is the damn time zones.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Definately Fallen, we will get together soon. I have a remake on FC2 of Fortaleza that you should check out. And if the tools are there I would definately do it again on FC3. Also I would love to remake IOWA and be sure to include old Ed Scanlan's house. Just hope that we get another good road tool and more vehicle allowance than 6. I would have remade it on FC2 but the vehicle limits stopped me.Let me know what other maps you want remade and I'll make it happen either on FC2 or wait til 3. Either way we need to play online soon. Look me up next time you see me on and I'll fire up FC2 and we'll have a good run. I have lots of maps to show you. Brothers for life!

SICK

zeeEVIL1
06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes when the beer is a flowin, SICK is a great host.
I miss hosting the Sunday sessions. They were especially fun for me when you could get a 5-6 hour session going and people would remain or leave and return and just have a good time.
Maybe it will happen again like that.

Fallen-Champ
06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Evil the Sunday Slaughter was one of my highlights for FCIP because you were never selfish with your map list - the same as Sick you both put plenty of other peoples maps in the rotation and always waited untip every player was loaded up before starting the match.

Back then on FCIP there was zor and Brims Drunken Pirate Brigade, plus the other matches - They were good times.

On FC2 we had DEEZ site and OnR (Old n Rubbish) plus B3E (Beyond Elite) and FCMaps all worked together in promoting maps and contests, there was never any issues or trash talking, basically the winner won and we all said congratulations.

Each site ran a contest and each contest went without hassle - I would hope that those with sites that are interested would step up to the plate on the 360 also and do something similar if FC3 is a great game.

As Sick said we can get the foundations down now so that everything is ready when the game launches.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
This is exactly why I started this topic. Setting the ground for weekend matches like we used to do. That's what made Far Cry so special, there was no frustration, there was no REAL competition, it was about showcasing and sharing some great maps, and spending time with friends. We may be miles and in some cases even countries away from each other, but we get together in that lobby and start launching games and maps and we become that Far Cry family, that band of brothers and sisters that come together for hours of fun and laughs, and BEER! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

This is what I miss the most and why I've stayed so true to the series, so true that I'm still playing Pred and FC2 any chance I get. I would gladly put down any of my other games if someone popped on and invited me to a game of Far Cry.

I'd be glad to host a session anytime any of you want to get together. And vice versa if any of you decide to put a gaming session together, be sure to include me, I'll be there!

I think we should try and put a game together soon just to celebrate the announcement of FC3.

SICK

Fallen-Champ
06-11-2011, 11:06 AM
I have a fortnight off work in 2 hours time, but we are still renovating a house which has been going on almost 14 months now - I can get on the games but I must do some stuff at home on these days off or the misses will drop me mid game.

If Far Cry 3 is that good a game I could end up a single man (just joking but hell the old Far Cry games caused havoc with the love life - you guys over the pond with your time differences keeping me awake at night when I should be in bed) Had some good nights back then.

Maybe we could get something started up for tomorrow (Sunday) an hour or 2 on Pred and an hour or 2 on FC2, hopefully the crowd would stick around from one game to the other.

The earlier the better for me really as I am generally 5-6 hours behind you guys.

Another thing Bad Mama was always an excellent host.

Silent-Eagle
06-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree i know im new here on the forums but i have been around since FCI:P on 360 just never got online in time to play it by the time i was there it was dead in the water, but when i played FC2 there was a group of us that used to roam around and we would just have fun, we had proper teamwork but it was fun, sure we completley destroyed the opposing side and that wasnt fun for them but our team was like a far cry familiy like you said if anyone here knows HOW DAT FEEL on 360 we used to play a lot together then for some reason FC2 slowly died off, sadly. But i can saftley say FC2 was the game i had the best online experiance with and i'd love to have some of the same with you guys

WretcheddDrake
06-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I would still be playing Pred with you guys if my 360 didn't get a RROD.

But Sick knows I've been playing since the old Instinct days.

The problem sometimes with the FC community is the people that create their maps out there just to show off and never play them. Sick and I and a bunch of other friends still play years old maps to this day because the more you play a map, the more character it gains.

The community had a lot of young blood out there just trying to show off who's more creative and they try to emulate JayFlipz and create maps with great aesthetics, but poor playability.

I'm not saying we should only make one map per person, but it was getting ridiculous when certain people I shall not name would make 50+ maps "BECAUSE I ENJOY IT WRETCHED". (Sick gets the reference!)

Ilovepho
06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by legacyzero:
Lets just hope for an EARLY 2012 release. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yes hopefully we dont have to wait until 2012 Oct.

I think FC3 should not come out in Fall since Halo 4 and COD also release around that time.

TheRuski1
06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Wasn't the FC predator servers shut down a while back so you can't play online anymore?

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
The Pred server was down for a day about a year ago and everyone made it out to be that they had shut it down for good. But like I said, a day later they were back up and we've been playing ever since. I was just on there yesterday in fact.

Silent-Eagle
06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SICKSIX6_IOWA:
The Pred server was down for a day about a year ago and everyone made it out to be that they had shut it down for good. But like I said, a day later they were back up and we've been playing ever since. I was just on there yesterday in fact.

Whenever i look on FCI:P no one's ever playing, i never got to play predator mode on that game : (

hanz_h
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Brimtown:

Amen to that.

I'm not sure there was much of a PC community for Far Cry 2 but the Far Cry 1 community was the best. I get very nostalgic thinking of those days with a small community that was actually listened to as well. You actually knew who was who back then and weren't one of the 100.000 people that you see in large MP games.

Ahh the memories....