PDA

View Full Version : I realy miss 2 flyable planes

56th_BoobyTrap
10-22-2004, 09:02 AM
What I realy like to fly in PF are the carrier based torpedo planes, like the Grumman TBF-1, TBF1c and TBF-3 Avenger and the Nakjima B5N Kate. Will they be availeble in future updates?

actionhank1786
10-22-2004, 09:04 AM
no one's sure, but everyone's hoping they will be

VW-IceFire
10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I think the Avenger has a good chance of being in at some point (its a multi-stationed aircraft so it'll take some time) and the Kate is questionable due to lack of references.

Some have been dug up so I'm optimistic but we'll see.

Its tough to model stuff to a high degree of accuracy when there are no surviving examples.

DuxCorvan
10-22-2004, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Its tough to model stuff to a high degree of accuracy when there are no surviving examples. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it should be fairly easy to assume they're accurate, when it's not posible to compare them with surviving examples. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Tater-SW-
10-22-2004, 10:14 AM
One possible solution (IMHO) would be to only model the cockpits, leave the rear (and lower in TBF) positions as AI-only. Many bombers could be simplified that way, pilot, and bombadier only...

The Kate could also have a bombsight for level bombing, just don;t bother with the middle crewman himself, ahev pilot switch to bombsight. It's a thought, anyway.

tater