PDA

View Full Version : Gear up and down sound

buz13
10-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Is there any way to increase the level of sound of gear going up and down. I can only faintly hear it when the engine is off....
Thanks

buz13
10-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Is there any way to increase the level of sound of gear going up and down. I can only faintly hear it when the engine is off....
Thanks

Bartolomeo_ita
10-16-2005, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buz13:
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sound = sucks :P

if a 20mm gun hit my plane i should heard the hell and not a - puf puf, din din -

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FoolTrottel
10-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Sound is great.

Get some good gear, set it up okay and you can enjoy them sounds...

Have Fun!

KG26_Alpha
10-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Definately consider an Audigy series sound card at least for Il2.

The Audigy x-fi sound is totally different compared to on board 5.1 Ac97 on my A-bit mobo.
I often see posts about crappy sound in IL2 admittedly there no (real) aircraft sounds but a good sound card will give you sounds or enhance those you dont currently hear.

You need to hear it to believe the difference.

VT-51_Razor
10-17-2005, 08:08 AM
I just built a computer for the first time, and it's like I have had my speakers stuffed down in the laundry hamper all these past four - five years whenever playing IL-2!

I got an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MoBo, and elected to go with the onboard sound instead of having to buy another sound card (my wife gets my old Dell). It had a SB LIve in it. I figured, what the heck, I'd give it a try, and if it sounded like ****, I could always go out ang get another SB. The onboard sound is RealTec.

When I loaded up the game, I selected SB settings and holy cow! It's like I can hear every single jug in that R-2800 popping when taxiing down the taxi way! The .50's sound like a heavy machine gun now, instead of a sewing machine. I'm very impressed, and very happy too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif