PDA

View Full Version : 4.10 copy/cut/paste in FMB

Nicholaiovitch
01-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Could someone let me know where in the conf.ini file these commands for the FMB should be added?

I have tried adding them in the HotKey Builder section and also at the bottom of the conf.ini file, but after saving and re-loading 4.10, the entries disappear from the conf.ini and none of the commands work.

Ctrl C=mis_copy
Ctrl X=mis_cut
Ctrl V=mis_paste

I run Windows XP with SP3.

Nicholaiovitch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

FoolTrottel
01-01-2011, 06:14 AM
They should go in the [Hotkey Builder] section.

The copy/paste stuff only works if you have selected multiple objects. See page 7 of the 4.10_Guide.pdf.

Tried it over here, it works fine...

Nicholaiovitch
01-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
They should go in the [Hotkey Builder] section.

The copy/paste stuff only works if you have selected multiple objects. See page 7 of the 4.10_Guide.pdf.

Tried it over here, it works fine...

Very strange! I have tried that and "Nada"! The entries also disappear from the conf.ini after the first load.

Thanks for replying.

Nicholaiovitch

Edit:-

OK....got it to work! It may have been placing the new entries for the conf.ini file at the bottom of the [Hotkey Builder] list that fixed it. I had previously placed them higher up the list...but I'm not sure.

FoolTrottel
01-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Weird... I tried putting the 3 lines directly at the top of the section, they do work there, and keep working, and stay there...

Then I saw they also had appeared in the [Maxlag] section?

Hm, that must've been my mistake... oh well, it works...

MicroWave76
01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
You can also try to use Right click with mouse once you have selected multiple objects. Copy/Cut/Paste should appear in the context menu that pops up.

Romanator21
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
That may have to do with UAC if you're using Vista/7. You may have to save the Conf file to your desktop and then move it into the IL-2 root folder, or change the properties from "read-only".

Nicholaiovitch
01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MicroWave76:
You can also try to use Right click with mouse once you have selected multiple objects. Copy/Cut/Paste should appear in the context menu that pops up.

Yup, that's a great tip. Having got the lines to save in the conf.ini it all works well and is a great feature.

Nicholaiovitch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif