PDA

View Full Version : AC 2 better than AC 1?

bud2_294
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
After playing AC 2 all the way through, I will have to say that on the whole AC 2 is far better than AC 1. The way the story was done, the varied missions, upgradable weapons and armor, everything made the game a much depper and richer experience than the first. However, I do have one complaint Ubi. The combat. More varied? Without a doubt. More fun? As fun as the fun as the first. Realistic? Hardly. The stark, brutal reality of combat that was in the first is absent in the second. AC2 looks cartoony. For example, during some kill animations, like a battle axe to the head, there is no blood. There is no sound. The guy's head should pop like a grape. If he's wearing a helmet, you should hear the screech of metal as the axe goes through it and the wet crunch of bone as it splits his skull. Even some of the counter kills that were in the first one were toned down. When Altair would chop down on someone's collar bone that would be a large spray of blood, and seeing as there is a major artery that runs right behind the collar bone it stands to reason that this is not so far fetched. There's hardly anything when Ezio does it. And the lack of close ups during the kill animations made it less satisfying as well. When you guys make the third one, keep this in mind.
Now I know there are going to be some naysayers out there. All I have to say to you is: You either need to play the first one, or go back and play the first one again and keep what I've said here in mind.

DLTyrus
01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Not sure why you posted this in the Uplay forum, but anyway, I reckon there's more blood in this one to be honest. If you kill a lot in quick succession, especially with the hidden blade(s), Ezio's hands and clothes become caked in blood. Sure it soon fades but it still looks awesome, and when you do a double assassination the two people fall and die with loads of blood gushing from the throat.

If you're not seeing many close-ups on kills, try going into your options and upping the "Cinematic Camera Frequency" (or something like that) from 3/4 to 4/4, I did that and now not a single kill doesn't get a close-up camera.

Dee Cazo
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I loved the story and every part of this game.

I found myself finding all the treasure and doing the side missions before I'd go into the story myself.

I wish more stealth was possible for the main assassinations though. Maybe it would load up the memory and gave us a more splinter cell approach to stealth or Hitman.

Like a huge banquet so you are actually indoors and you need to find an exit plan and see what you can do like kill guards,break into kitchen, poison the targets food.

Things like that with a little more thinking rather than being thrown into a situation where you have limited time to try and kill the target when you want to think it out and kill him in a dramatic fashion.

Sprayer160
01-09-2010, 12:46 AM
i played both, finished both, and i like AC2 better. both are good but AC2 is just better on so many ways as you suggested. will there be an AC3 because that will be like game of the century or something. hurry up ubisoft i wants it.

TheShunned
01-09-2010, 01:28 AM
AC2 is better than AC1 in many ways. One way is when you beat AC1 you could only replay memories and was stuck with what you had unlocked at that time, while in AC2 when you beat it you can do whatever you want and have everything unlocked.Oh and who wants to be stuck in a white outfit when you can change the color to black, blue, orange, etc., etc.