PDA

View Full Version : What? subtitles only in Dutch?

jtrj38
10-27-2004, 02:08 AM
Yes. This is the message I get on the setup. Myst IV is the standard English version,(although it does say "made in France ; maybe some Frenchman thinks Copenhagen is in Holland?. I submitted this question to support and got the response that they had already answered it 48 hours ago, but I have no trace of any response on my computer. The systemm does not even allow me to tell them that, so I am asking on this board if anyone can explain this. I would like to have subtitles in English.

jtrj38
10-27-2004, 02:08 AM
Yes. This is the message I get on the setup. Myst IV is the standard English version,(although it does say "made in France ; maybe some Frenchman thinks Copenhagen is in Holland?. I submitted this question to support and got the response that they had already answered it 48 hours ago, but I have no trace of any response on my computer. The systemm does not even allow me to tell them that, so I am asking on this board if anyone can explain this. I would like to have subtitles in English.

aranna1957
10-27-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi, i dont now in wich country you live, but i,m from Holland and i have the same problem. Someone has give me a patch for it and now i have the subtitle in Dutch. I dont now were you can get it. Succes

maztec
10-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Ubi's working on this in an upcoming patch.

Wow I am getting tired of saying that.. *wanders off to find out "when" this upcoming patch is*

dkuroki
10-28-2004, 09:20 PM
well I just saw a post on the Mystworlds site that a new patch for Myst IV will be out next week. It lists fixes for several technical issued brought up in several of the forums here. It did not specifically mention english subtitles.
we can only hope.

maztec
10-28-2004, 10:24 PM
I believe subtitles are sleighted for a later patch.

syscon7
10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm a little disappointed that subtitles won't be forthcoming in the patch. I'm hard-of-hearing and have a lot of trouble understanding people talking in the game. I'm sure there are clues hidden in some of the memory bubble replays but you couldn't prove it by me. Other than that, I'm enjoying the game.

maztec
10-30-2004, 03:41 PM
It's a patch to the internal engine. The first set of patches are more superficial. Easier to put together/etc. It should be in a second patch.