PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

luv2yomp
01-08-2005, 07:06 AM
hello gents,

i'm running pacific fighter v3.0 and have tried to join one of the online games. When i do this my pacific fighters games loads up and a message appears which reads connecting to server but nothing else happens i,ve left this running for 5 minutes or so but still nothing. I have a medium speed broadband connection, is this sufficient?

thanks

VF-29_Sandman
01-08-2005, 07:08 AM
latest patch is 3.03. u have to have the right version for online or no-joy. check oleg's ready room for patch vectors.

luv2yomp
01-08-2005, 07:11 AM
thanks sandman i'll do that now and retry

Bearcat99
01-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Do this:
1-Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my signature and scroll down to Hyperlobby and download it if you havent already and go there to fly.

2-Since the majority of servers on HL are flying the merged Forgotten Battles,Aces Expansion,PF 3.03m install you need to get the FB Aces GOLD and install it if you dont have it if you want to fly with them because the two, the merged and stand alone are not compatible. It is well worth the money ... that is why most of us have the merged install. Just make sure you uninstall PF then install the FB,then Aces (They are both in the 3CD Aces GOLD pack) then install PF then patch it to 3.03merged and you are done.

A lot of guys bought PF as a stand alone. They were going by previous experience and lets face it.. we all hate to spend our hard earned money on a crappy piece of software. I bet out of all the guys who had no experience with the IL2 series and bought PF to use as a standalone who came from CFS2 or PAW or some other sim that 75% of them at least, after they ran PF for a few weeks ran out to the store to get the Aces GOLD so they could get the full flavor of what this product is. Be assured that if you are only running PF you are missing out on 60% of the best WW2 flight sim experience possible on a home PC to date.

VF-29_Sandman
01-08-2005, 08:04 AM
currently, hl doesnt have a stand-alone room for pf. that's on ubi.com. alotta peeps have problems hosting there tho. if u just have the stand-alone, u wont be able to join the fb+aep+pf merged version and vice versa of those with the merged trying to join pf stand-alone.