PDA

View Full Version : My hope for next patch.

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 04:53 AM
I posted this in another thread that kind of got buried. Hope I don't annoy anybody with this thread, but it seems like that a fair amount of people in the community agree with what is requested here. At least I hope that is the case. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I hope the FW-190 gets:

-Proper DM, but is still tough.
-Decrease in roll-rate at very high speeds.
-Decreased elevator response at very high speeds (though this should remain one of the 190's strengths).
-The "auto" feature working properly, as it is now 100% prop pitch gives best performance.
-Removal of "the bar" (IMHO it has been proved). I can live with it as is though.
-Elimination of "1 or 2 hits = big performance hit" bug.
-Elimination of "sawing off wing with one bullet from long distance" bug.

Hopefully the last two will come with re-worked damaged model.

I hope 109 gets:

-"Auto" performance working as well as manual.
-Tougher damage model concerning control surfaces.
-Removal of dirt(?) from cockpit glass.

I hope the P-39:

-Adheres to the laws of physics.
-Regains its character.
-Slight decrease in roll-rate.

I hope La's get:

-More accurate (decrease) climb rate.
-Slight increase in energy bleed in high speed turns.
-Decreased top speed for La-5 standard ('42).
-Increase in dive speed limit.

I hope Lagg gets:

-Proper DM.

I hope Mig gets:

-Decrease in roll-rate at high speeds.
-Slight increase in energy bleed.
-Slight decrease in climb rate.

I hope Yaks get:

I hope P-47 gets:

-Increase in roll-rate
-Bug fixed where I can kill them with one shot from long distance with explosion.
-Slight increase of top speed at sea-level
-More stability, less dispersal when firing.

I hope Macchi-202 gets:

-The graphical bugs when damaged fixed.
-Better AI than fly low and not climb.

I hope P-40 gets:

-Re-worked FM, this thing seems way too slow. It shouldn't climb well but as it is now it never seems to approach historical or indicated speeds.
-Less dispersal when firing.
-"E" model seems alot better than "M" model, not sure if this is accurate.

I hope Spitfire and Tempest:

-Get here soon.

Like I said in another post, once the Lagg and FW-190 get their proper DM, I think the DM's and weapon effectiveness will be pretty good. The small caliber mg's could possibly be a little more effective.

<center>
http://www.brooksart.com/Icewarriors.jpg

"Ice Warriors", by Nicolas Trudgian.

Message Edited on 09/29/0303:56AM by kyrule2

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 04:53 AM
I posted this in another thread that kind of got buried. Hope I don't annoy anybody with this thread, but it seems like that a fair amount of people in the community agree with what is requested here. At least I hope that is the case. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I hope the FW-190 gets:

-Proper DM, but is still tough.
-Decrease in roll-rate at very high speeds.
-Decreased elevator response at very high speeds (though this should remain one of the 190's strengths).
-The "auto" feature working properly, as it is now 100% prop pitch gives best performance.
-Removal of "the bar" (IMHO it has been proved). I can live with it as is though.
-Elimination of "1 or 2 hits = big performance hit" bug.
-Elimination of "sawing off wing with one bullet from long distance" bug.

Hopefully the last two will come with re-worked damaged model.

I hope 109 gets:

-"Auto" performance working as well as manual.
-Tougher damage model concerning control surfaces.
-Removal of dirt(?) from cockpit glass.

I hope the P-39:

-Adheres to the laws of physics.
-Regains its character.
-Slight decrease in roll-rate.

I hope La's get:

-More accurate (decrease) climb rate.
-Decreased top speed for La-5 standard ('42).
-Increase in dive speed limit.

I hope Lagg gets:

-Proper DM.

I hope Mig gets:

-Decrease in roll-rate at high speeds.
-Slight increase in energy bleed.

I hope Yaks get:

I hope P-47 gets:

-Increase in roll-rate
-Bug fixed where I can kill them with one shot from long distance with explosion.
-Slight increase of top speed at sea-level
-More stability, less dispersal when firing.

I hope Macchi-202 gets:

-The graphical bugs when damaged fixed.
-Better AI than fly low and not climb.

I hope P-40 gets:

-Re-worked FM, this thing seems way too slow. It shouldn't climb well but as it is now it never seems to approach historical or indicated speeds.
-Less dispersal when firing.
-"E" model seems alot better than "M" model, not sure if this is accurate.

I hope Spitfire and Tempest:

-Get here soon.

Like I said in another post, once the Lagg and FW-190 get their proper DM, I think the DM's and weapon effectiveness will be pretty good. The small caliber mg's could possibly be a little more effective.

<center>

Message Edited on 09/29/0303:56AM by kyrule2

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:44 AM
Is it Christmas yet/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:49 AM
I guess it does look a bit like an aircraft Christmas list. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

....and I've been good all year. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:58 AM
hehe its funny.. all your "hopes" on russian planes are all the same.. "please turn off UFO" could not agree more.. also..

the largest bug that kills me is the 1 or 2 slight hits on the FW and it flies like half the wing is blown off.. I have tested this with a friend with hurricane..he just nicked my wing with like 4 rounds of 303. and I was all FUBARED.. rinse repeat FUBARED. also.. GUYS ONLINE KNOW THIS AND even try to hit me from like .90 away or something like that to get me into this bug.

the 2nd largest bug is LA7 turn and bleed rates.. as well as climb rates.. unreal.. UFO time.. get out the kodak snap some pics and book Opra show on her sci fi special.. you think I am talking BS.. goto any online game.. half the idiots are flying it.. even hardcore Luft and USA/Brit plane flyers I have known for 5 years are flying it fulltime now. so please.. talk to the hand

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 06:00 AM
kyrule2 wrote:

I hope La's get:
-

Increase in dive speed limit.

Sorry old man, but the LA's had structural wood pieces like wing spars. I fly the LA-7 and am glad it finally comes apart like in real life.

How much wood could a wood spar chuck if a wood spar could chuck wood?!

Luckyboy = senior hydraulic landing gear designer for the P-11

Message Edited on 09/29/0312:01AM by LuckyBoy1

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 06:29 AM
gwalker99 wrote:

- the 2nd largest bug is LA7 turn and bleed rates.. as
- well as climb rates.. unreal.. UFO time.. get out
- the kodak snap some pics and book Opra show on her
- sci fi special.. you think I am talking BS.. goto
- any online game.. half the idiots are flying it..
- even hardcore Luft and USA/Brit plane flyers I have
- known for 5 years are flying it fulltime now. so
- please.. talk to the hand.

Umm, I think we are agreeing. I guess the "talk to the hand" comment refers to people that are disputing this.

LuckyBoy wrote:

"Sorry old man, but the LA's had structural wood pieces like wing spars. I fly the LA-7 and am glad it finally comes apart like in real life."

I'm not that old. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif And I am just going by what I have read/believe. I don't think there should be drastic increase, besides I have a hard time believeing the plane started shaking up even at its top speed in level flight. I'm also trying to show that I am not biased.

<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 06:32 AM
I hope....

the game gets proper sound. 95% of Bounce and surprise Attacks fail because your enemy can hear you from 600 metres distance at his six. SUre Boys. Passive Uber-Sonar or EWR....

As I only fly the FW190-A series I wont complain that my plane is crap. I like it. (it's an honest baby..)I don't care for the roll rate as in most situations it's no problem if it would roll a bit slower but can somebody fix this CRAP cockpit ?
Let's see. Deflection shots = pure Luck
Ambushing/bBouncing enemies impossible(thanks to EWR).
Most other plane from same era outturn and outclimb it... Ok don't want to sound like a whiner but this is uncool...

But Sound is my first real issue. 95% of the game is spoiled by this sound bug... (has anyone official comments on this ?)

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 08:25 AM
I also hope that the game gets proper AI for energy fighters, so that offline games and coop matches with lotso fo AIs can be fun again (regardless of which side you play).

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 10:04 AM
"I also hope that the game gets proper AI for energy fighters"

Like in beta05!

Cheers,

JerseyD
09-29-2003, 01:25 PM
I just hope they fix the sound.Such a shame that old IL-2's sound outshines FBs by such a huge margin/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<Center>http://home.cfl.rr.com/jerseydevil/JerseyDevil's%20Frag%20Zone/Frag%20Zone_files/109chevysig.jpg (http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/IL2/il2_skins_sports.htm)</center>

J¨rsé¿D¨v*L

<a href=http://www.diskworks.com/myth.html>The Jersey Devil (Fact or Fiction?)</a>

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 01:34 PM
I just want the Hurricane MkI to have effective firepower...something has to be done about its (and the future spitfire's) severe difficulty in killing its target.

Our in-game experience just does not compare with real-life accounts, and indeed the facts, that .303 armed Hurricanes and Spitfires did destroy vast amounts of German aircraft over the battle field (southern England).

S/Ldr. Ginger,
C.O. - No.601 Fighter Squadron, Auxiliary Air Force.

http://www.nzfpm.co.nz/images/small/airtoair14.jpg

The Tangmere Pilots - http://www.tangmere-pilots-raf.co.uk/

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Sound needs sorting. How come you can programme a complex simulator but fail at sound implementation? (large explosions, poor attenuation).

Auto engine on LW needs to be really good like in R/L.

Look at Cubes analysis of climb rates.

Still the best out there. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Mark

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread just to ask about patch1.2 beta.Can anyone who is on it gives us another clue as to what is happening?

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 09:57 PM
No601_Ginger wrote:
- I just want the Hurricane MkI to have effective
- firepower...something has to be done about its (and
- the future spitfire's) severe difficulty in killing
- its target.
-
- Our in-game experience just does not compare with
- real-life accounts, and indeed the facts, that .303
- armed Hurricanes and Spitfires did destroy vast
- amounts of German aircraft over the battle field
- (southern England).

Agree 100%. It is funny you mentioned this as the Hurricane is what I had in mind with my last sentence in the original post. That night I took on a bunch of He-111's in the Hurricane Mk.1 and it just didn't make historical sense IMHO. I don't think the .303's need a BIG boost, but I definitely think some added efficiency is needed. As is the case with most small caliber mg's in FB.

As a note Ginger I have checked out your squad's site numerous times. When the Spit and Tempest arrive I will likely try to join if it is still possible (and if I am not involved in a good dedicated 190 squad). I really like the historical feel to your site and the content overall, well done. Good luck & good hunting.

<center>

Buzz_25th
09-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Pork the Russian planes, and boost the German planes. Where have I heard this before?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Buzz_25th wrote:
- Pork the Russian planes, and boost the German
- planes. Where have I heard this before?

Nope just bring the VVS FM's back to reality by toning them down a bit and give the luftwaffe their RL atributes....

Buzz_25th
09-30-2003, 02:21 AM
Thought I just said that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 04:50 AM
kyrule2 wrote:
I hope the FW-190 gets:
--Proper DM, but is still tough.
--Decrease in roll-rate at very high speeds.
--Decreased elevator response at very high speeds (though this should remain one of the 190's strengths).
--The "auto" feature working properly, as it is now 100% prop pitch gives best performance.
--Removal of "the bar" (IMHO it has been proved). I can live with it as is though.
--Elimination of "1 or 2 hits = big performance hit" bug.
--Elimination of "sawing off wing with one bullet from long distance" bug.
-
- Hopefully the last two will come with re-worked
- damaged model.
-
-
- I hope 109 gets:
-
--"Auto" performance working as well as manual.
--Tougher damage model concerning control surfaces.
--Removal of dirt(?) from cockpit glass.
-
-
- I hope the P-39:
-
--Adheres to the laws of physics.
--Regains its character.
--Slight decrease in roll-rate.
-
- I hope La's get:
-
--More accurate (decrease) climb rate.
--Slight increase in energy bleed in high speed turns.
--Decreased top speed for La-5 standard ('42).
--Increase in dive speed limit.
-
- I hope Lagg gets:
-
--Proper DM.
-
- I hope Mig gets:
-
--Decrease in roll-rate at high speeds.
--Slight increase in energy bleed.
--Slight decrease in climb rate.
-
- I hope Yaks get:
-
--Slight increase in energy bleed in high speed turns.
--Slight decrease in climb rate.
-
- I hope P-47 gets:
-
--Increase in roll-rate
--Bug fixed where I can kill them with one shot from long distance with explosion.
--Slight increase of top speed at sea-level
--More stability, less dispersal when firing.
-
- I hope Macchi-202 gets:
-
--The graphical bugs when damaged fixed.
--Better AI than fly low and not climb.
-
- I hope P-40 gets:
-
--Re-worked FM, this thing seems way too slow. It shouldn't climb well but as it is now it never seems to approach historical or indicated speeds.
--Less dispersal when firing.
--"E" model seems alot better than "M" model, not sure if this is accurate.
-
- I hope Spitfire and Tempest:
-
--Get here soon.

Well 2 week that what i heard/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

----------------------------------------
<center>
http://defence-data.com/storypic/spitfire.jpg

"Take off,is only the beginnigg
Bail out, is YOUR end."

Message Edited on 09/29/0309:50PM by Juego

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 08:27 AM
kyrule2 you definatly hit the nail right on the head.

Along with these.

Hurricane mki @ iib
Need more effective .303s

He111.
Can out manuever most fighters

Mig Series
Slower climb, Reduced roll rate, more E bleed

109 series
smgs should be able to down 1 aircraft at least before running out of ammo

Stuka
need to take the marshmellows out of the guns on all models

Me262
L turning ability at 900kmph, it definatly needs alot of stick pressure added to it.

B1

750 nose over then sends you to 8000 meters when you get out of the black out. and some proper stick pressures at max speeds

mid air prop braking and turning off engine in the air midairstops instead of people lowering throttle.

Glide ratios need some major fixings

Message Edited on 09/30/0307:31AM by LeadSpitter_

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks LS.

And I agree with all of your observations as well.

One funny thing I did last night was I took a Me-262 and went up against one AI Yak-3 or La-7. I would get up to about 760km/h or so after flying level for awhile with AI on my tail (but quickly fading) and gently pull up until (going straight up) I did a Hammerhead maneuver. The Yak and La stayed right with me. ROFL! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You really have to see it to believe it, the Yak or La just climbs straight up at some ridiculous angle and just keeps going. I have at least a 170 or more (usually more)km/h advantage going into climb and they still stay right with me. Please try this for yourself for a good laugh.

I know the AI has exaggerated flight models but this is silly. I really wish they would tone down the AI's abilites to defy physics. Btw, neither the Yak or La broke up at 850+km/h so the AI avoids dive restrictions as well. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Very frustrating.

<center>

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 10:08 PM
For off-line play, I like the new sound "much better" can I say it again? "much better!" With the new sound when bailing out, other aircraft are now "loud" like they should be. Ever been to an airshow? These bad boys are "loud". They'll rattle your eardrums and shake your bones. To go back to a system that mutes them again, is a backwards step.

Planes that hit the ground and explode, now go BOOM, like it should be.

Maybe this is a problem for on-line players, but I dont play on-line (56k) so I have no comment about on-line sound.

Anything closer to realism is better.
Much better sound Oleg and crew, thanks.

You can please some of the people most of the time, and most of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people, all of the time.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 01:32 AM
My wish list is very similar to kyrules.

Though I disagree with 190 elevator response being too good. By anything i've read 190 really shined at this. Here for example 7g pull up at 955kmh TAS is stated.
http://www.saunalahti.fi/meheko/190dive.jpg

Also I wish complete re-evaluation of climbrates. It seems theres something very wrong about it.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Ladoga, I said in my original post that the elevator response should still be one of the 190's strengths, it's just that now it is possible to pull up without any added stick pressure at all at 850km/h which results in some physics defying maneuvers. I am a huge 190 fan but I have to admit this should be changed a little.

<center>