PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking items through challenges.

UnsentSoul
11-21-2010, 06:35 PM
So I've completed the smoke bomb challenge "smoke screen" and am 5-6 away from completing "cut through the fog." I go into my profile sets and to my class w/ smoke bombs and they all have the locked symbol above them, even though I've completed the challenge. Do I have to wait for the right level? If so thats kinda stupid. completing challenges gives you a slight advantage over your enemy if you unlock better equipment. Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. does the e-mail notifications not work for some reason? I have yet to get a e-mail about a reply to a post.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
All the unlocks are level based.

The challenges give you extra XP, which lets you level faster.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

No they're not. Some abilities are unlocked through challenges. As for the first question, did you beat it 3 times? Each challenge has 3 sets before its fully completed. The abilities unlock after all 3 sets are complete.

DatSoySauce
11-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

No they're not. Some abilities are unlocked through challenges. As for the first question, did you beat it 3 times? Each challenge has 3 sets before its fully completed. The abilities unlock after all 3 sets are complete. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, to further elaborate. Usually skill reward sets, will give XP for the first 2 steps...1 and 2. Then of course, upon completion of step 3, the skill will unlock.

Odds are the OP likely just ranked up to rank 2 of the challenge, since he could have seen the in-game message of completing said challenge.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

No they're not. Some abilities are unlocked through challenges. As for the first question, did you beat it 3 times? Each challenge has 3 sets before its fully completed. The abilities unlock after all 3 sets are complete. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Guess I haven't advanced far enough in anything to have seen this yet.

I unlocked (but am yet to use) firecrackers last time I played, to give you an idea how I would have missed this one.

My bad.

berm87
11-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I'm having a devil of a time getting the fast reloading poison because you have to poison running targets. :\

UnsentSoul
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
No I definitely have both challenges at rank 3 and they say "done.". Any other suggestions?