PDA

View Full Version : New Planes to fly and how?

burningdeath44
03-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi, im trying to get into flying the p51 (k-14 gunsight) and the 190 series of planes. are there any tips from people that fly these planes regurarly?

Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

EURO_Snoopy
03-25-2005, 09:09 AM
This guide (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm) should set you up!

Included are tutorials on the use of K-14 gunsight and in depth guides to FW tactics compiled from threads on these forums

diomedes33
03-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Dangerous question there. Ask how to fly the 190 and soon the 190 fantatics will swarm in and tell you everything you could ever dream of.

The airwarfare site (http://www.airwarfare.com/tactics/tactics_fwtactics.htm) section on 190 tactics is a good place to start and gives a general overview.

Here's some good guidlines for the 190
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Advantages: High speed maneuverability and roll rate
<LI>Disadvantaged: Turn rate, the horizontal fight
<LI>When you first start out set a hard deck and minimum speed and don't allow yourself to go below these until you understand when you can push the 190 and when to disengage. I would suggest 3000 m and 400 kph.
<LI>Always fight vertically, think to yourself how can I gain more energy. If you realize that you are going to miss a target, pull up into a high yo-yo or combat turn.
<LI>Learn when to disengage and regroup, this takes experience. Eventually you will be able to see when you are loosing the fight. With the hard deck you will always have room to split-s and have altitude for evasion.
<LI>If you're flying online, fly with others. Warclouds, Greater Green and Birds of Prey all have good guys online flying the 190.
<LI>Watch what others do and see what works
<LI>Speed is Life
[/list]

I would suggest starting out with one of the A series. Stall characteristics and armament are a lot better than the later D series.

I don't fly the P-51 much so I can't say much. The style of fighting for this plane is very similar. Everytime I fly allied side I'm usually in a P-47 or P-51, I do pretty good flying them like a 190. Watch out for the wing snapping off on the P-51 at high speeds.

VW-IceFire
03-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Aye...master the FW190 and the Mustang becomes fairly easy to get into as well. A bit different but still...same tactics should be employed.

The key things for these planes are speed and altitude. One, the other, or both. You need advantage to beat your enemy. And making alot of mistakes (like stalling the plane out alot) is not something you should do.

Hit hard, run fast, try and do it again. If you get into trouble, call for help. These aren't good planes in the everyone for themselves dogfight servers because you need teamwork.