PDA

View Full Version : Great Patch (Small "bug" in Stand Alone)

JV-44
02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Great Patch.

Although I'm sure I am in the minority as I still play both games as separate installs.

Just a small heads up to the two or three of you who have not €œmerged€.

The Do-335 does indeed show up under the choices for both flyable and AI under the Quick Mission Builder.

Do not click it. Unless of course you want to go through what I just did. It was not pretty. Thankfully everything is backed up several times on different medium.

S/F
Gunner

JV-44
02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Great Patch.

Although I'm sure I am in the minority as I still play both games as separate installs.

Just a small heads up to the two or three of you who have not €œmerged€.

The Do-335 does indeed show up under the choices for both flyable and AI under the Quick Mission Builder.

Do not click it. Unless of course you want to go through what I just did. It was not pretty. Thankfully everything is backed up several times on different medium.

S/F
Gunner

slo_one23
02-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I TRIED IT IN QMB AND ITS NAME IS THERE BUT there isnt anymodel you can see and i tried flyin and its doesent exist aparently so what did u do and what di d u have to go through and can u fly it now?

slo_one23
02-09-2006, 07:17 PM
o nvm i wasent supposed to get it but still what did you hav e to go through?

JV-44
02-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Slo_,

I didn€t get it to work, as nothing for the DO-335 exists in the Stand-Alone version (Except for a small text blurb). Obviously a small coding mistake.

It caused a CTD and wiped my entire history of campaigns. I just deleted everything in the PF folder and restored it using my backups.

I was just trying to save some folks a few €œpanic€ moments.

Sorry for the confision.

S/F
Gunner

DRB_Duckman
02-12-2006, 06:39 AM
ok i did click onto it.
It just stays on the arming part cant change planes and can fly at all what should i do and dont say do a reinstall. ha

Hoatee
02-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Instead of saying do a reinstall, I'll say call up the task manager and quit the game from there and start all over again.

Note : I said start all over again - not repeat.

Bama315
02-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Our group loaded 4.03 also and had the same problem,but it also lock up PF and we could not select any other planes. The fix was to reload 4.02 over again and now everything is working again. Except we don't have the new planes of 4.03

Hoatee
02-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Uh..I think you may be wrong there - isn't there a new Japanese flyable (jay too sumthing or other)?