PDA

View Full Version : If the patch has been leaked,

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 07:55 AM
can we "have nots" at least get some reliable "poop" on what it does/does not do?
For example, I'd like to know the following:

1) Does the P-47 still crap out after 1 hit to the engine?

2) How does the Fw-190 family climb now?

3) P-40: still have a glass jaw? (i.e., "machine guns
damaged" engine on fire etc after 1 or 2 hits)

4) I-153, I-16: are they still UFO's?

5) Me-109 family: still good? Or have they been messed with?

6) Yak family: still "uber"? Or more in tune with reality?

7) MG151/15,20: still undermodelled?

S!
Chris

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/wurger.bmp

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 07:55 AM
can we "have nots" at least get some reliable "poop" on what it does/does not do?
For example, I'd like to know the following:

1) Does the P-47 still crap out after 1 hit to the engine?

2) How does the Fw-190 family climb now?

3) P-40: still have a glass jaw? (i.e., "machine guns
damaged" engine on fire etc after 1 or 2 hits)

4) I-153, I-16: are they still UFO's?

5) Me-109 family: still good? Or have they been messed with?

6) Yak family: still "uber"? Or more in tune with reality?

7) MG151/15,20: still undermodelled?

S!
Chris

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 08:22 AM
First you should note that the leaked versions have few changes, and what has been changed is surely not final.

That being said...

1) The P-47 DM appears unchanged in 07. Engine reacts in the same way to hits, and the fuel tank still continues to leak from a light MG hit. The same is true for the 109, FW-190, La-5 etc engines; they all seem to die after a few light hits. I don't know if it is supposed to be like this, or if it will be changed.

2) Without any specific testing, the FW-190 climb appears the same as in the release version. The climb rate in the release version is nearly correct, so this doesn't appear to be a problem, though I could be wrong.

3) The P-40 appears to have the same DM and reacts in a similar fashion as in the release version. However, all planes appear to have fewer control cable failures (ie. Bf109 no longer loses controls after few MG hits). I haven't used the P40 much yet.

4) The I-153 and I-16 climb rates have been reduced to what appears to be correct, although I haven't tested it specifically. At a guess, a 40% and 20% reduction in climb for I-153 and I-16 respectively, which would bring the climb rates much closer to the correct values. However, the AI FMs still retain the excessive climb rate. The sustained turn rates still exceed correct values, but to a slightly lesser extent, as all planes stall sooner. Whereas the I-153 should have a sustained turn rate of 12-13 seconds, it is still about 9-10 seconds.

5) The bf-109E appears to have a lower climb rate. I didn't notice a change in F4-K4, although I haven't done a specific test. They are similar to release version.

6) As with all planes, sustained turn rate is slightly slower, and they stall earlier. Sustained turn rate still exceeds correct values, as with all the other planes (109, La, Polikarpov, etc). I didn't notice a difference in climb rate. The climb rates in the release version were close to correct.

7) The ammo load for the MG151 appears to have been changed to the correct AP HE HE MG MG, so you see more explosions and less AP shells. The amount of damage appears to be roughly the same, but that is subjective. MG151 is still far less effective than an equal number of shvak. Because of this I would assume the AP/explosive DM hasn't been changed, as explosive shells don't appear to do anything, and AP shells have huge effect. Ie, a few shvak shells will explode a P-47, but you would require double or triple as many MG-151 shells to have the same effect.

On the same topic, the BK-3.7 ammo has been changed to AP (Tungsten core probably) as opposed to HE. I was able to destroy T-34s with anywhere from 2-8 hits, depending on hit location, usually requiring about 4 hits to destroy the tank. Hits to the front and side were effective, top hits were more effective.

Like has been said before, the MK108 scatter has been reduced by roughly half (the scatter pattern is now similar to the M2) making it effective even at 200-300m. The number of hits required appears to be similar to release version (bombers can still absorb 15+ shells, P-47s can still absorb 10+ shells), but it is far easier to score hits. It seems to easily dispose of fighters, but again, this is probably due to the increased number of hits and not increased damage.

Message Edited on 07/16/0301:27AM by StG77_Fennec

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Thank you Sgt Fennec.............I think.
If your observations are accurate for the final version (I know you stated there may be a difference) I have little to look forward to in the patch, or so it would seem.

Oh well.
Back to waiting I guess.S!
Chris

XyZspineZyX
07-16-2003, 08:53 AM
I hate the word PATCH

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/hurricane_01sm~0.JPG