PDA

View Full Version : CH Fighterstick and trim

bazzaah2
01-25-2007, 04:38 AM
I have trim mapped to one of the hats and wondered if there's a way of changing the sensitivity on hats through Control Manager.

Anyone know if this is possible and how to do it?
thanks in advance for any help.

Choctaw111
01-25-2007, 06:42 AM
I do not know of a way to do this. I have always noticed that one click on the hat is equal to one click of trim just the same as pushing a mapped key.

XyZspineZyX
01-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Did you map the hat directly in the game, or did you map a keystroke to your joystick input?

I find there is a slight delay with mapping a key stroke to a joystick input, so I map it directly in the game.

ShaK.
01-25-2007, 06:50 AM
If you want it more sensitive, You can just add a double key press in the control manager(CM). For instance, lets say your positive elevator trim is your "up arrow key" or "KBUP" to the CM.

you can put KBUP in the press, then KBUP on the release line. so now when you trim up, it only takes half of the hat presses to get the nose down. GoHere for more help. (http://www.ch-hangar.com/) If you want it less sensitive, I think that is limited by game. Hope this was helpful.

bazzaah2
01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
great thanks fellas.

Think I'll elevator trim on the slider and adjust sensitivity through Il2 sticks and have the throttle on keyboard.

fuzzychickens
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Doesn't the CH have trim adjustment for the x and y axis on the base of the stick?

From pictures it looks like it does, kinda like rc transmitter axis trims.

bazzaah2
01-25-2007, 09:02 AM
no it's not a slider and can't assign any controls to it unfortunately.

fuzzychickens
01-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Well on the CH website it says they are rotary trim controls.

Is it just an IL2 issue that they can't be assigned?

BTW, I'm planning on picking up a fighterstick/throttle combo (my cougar died) and simped rudders. I hope BOB allows the rotary trim to work.

Ken-Ghost-King
01-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Those are POT (X and Y axes) adjusment wheels. They physically adjust the position of the POT.

Beuf_Ninja
01-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ken-Ghost-King:
Those are POT (X and Y axes) adjusment wheels. They physically adjust the position of the POT.

So they deflect the POT like you were holding the stick in a set posotion? Or are they used to calibrate/centre the POT?

Ken-Ghost-King
01-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Beuf_Ninja:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken-Ghost-King:

So they deflect the POT like you were holding the stick in a set posotion? Or are they used to calibrate/centre the POT? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes
and
Yes