PDA

View Full Version : sequel and original expectations

madludwig23
11-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I just got Assassin's Creed and think that it is a wonderfully crafted game. Everything that the game was designed to do it does well, but my expectations as far as gameplay and openness fell short. This is not because of the game itself but more because of what was left out of the game. Assassin's Creed had the potential to be a GTA style action stealth RPG. If there is going to be a sequel here are a few things I thought would be a warmly welcomed addition... The setting for Assassin's Creed is one of the things that makes it appealing. It would have been nice to make it more interactive. Such as having currency for shops to buy or upgrade weapons. Also expanding the weapon selection would have been nice. As far as shops go the ability to do miscellanious things like drink alcohol and change your characters appearance slightly would be cool. More indoor environments to help immerse the player more. Also with health the ability to eat which could make stealing from markets or stealing items and selling them more fun. As far as side questing this is where GTA style would come out... like side eavesdropping missions for NPC's, theft missions (pickpocketing and indoor/outdoor theft of info or items), ability to be hired for private assassinations, ability to be hired as a mercenary in private conflicts, artifact hunting missions for private NPC and shops/companies, guarding caravans or traveling NPC's, intimidation missions if there were other underground criminal organizations, transporting important information from NPC's to other NPC's, rescuing NPCs from jail, dungeons, or from criminal organizations/camps, kidnapping missions. Basically think GTA meets Elder scrolls Oblivion. I know with the assassin's guild rules there is expected honor and what not, but that would give the ability to have a moral system (right and wrong) to affect the way NPC's view, react, and respond to you. Also it would open up the way for more stealth by giving the player the ability to hide or cover up his dishonorable actions so the assassin's guild doesn't find out (sneaky)... it would give that type of system a whole new level of depth that has yet to be created. A weather effects system and actually night and day would have really been able to give depth to the gameplay with the stealth and changes to guards and NPC's actions and responses. And with more indoor environments interactions with doors and chests would be cool and given the ability to have a cool locking picking skill. I know this is long so I'm gonna stop, but I hope that my suggestions are helpful and that many get implimented if there is a sequel.

madludwig23
11-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I just got Assassin's Creed and think that it is a wonderfully crafted game. Everything that the game was designed to do it does well, but my expectations as far as gameplay and openness fell short. This is not because of the game itself but more because of what was left out of the game. Assassin's Creed had the potential to be a GTA style action stealth RPG. If there is going to be a sequel here are a few things I thought would be a warmly welcomed addition... The setting for Assassin's Creed is one of the things that makes it appealing. It would have been nice to make it more interactive. Such as having currency for shops to buy or upgrade weapons. Also expanding the weapon selection would have been nice. As far as shops go the ability to do miscellanious things like drink alcohol and change your characters appearance slightly would be cool. More indoor environments to help immerse the player more. Also with health the ability to eat which could make stealing from markets or stealing items and selling them more fun. As far as side questing this is where GTA style would come out... like side eavesdropping missions for NPC's, theft missions (pickpocketing and indoor/outdoor theft of info or items), ability to be hired for private assassinations, ability to be hired as a mercenary in private conflicts, artifact hunting missions for private NPC and shops/companies, guarding caravans or traveling NPC's, intimidation missions if there were other underground criminal organizations, transporting important information from NPC's to other NPC's, rescuing NPCs from jail, dungeons, or from criminal organizations/camps, kidnapping missions. Basically think GTA meets Elder scrolls Oblivion. I know with the assassin's guild rules there is expected honor and what not, but that would give the ability to have a moral system (right and wrong) to affect the way NPC's view, react, and respond to you. Also it would open up the way for more stealth by giving the player the ability to hide or cover up his dishonorable actions so the assassin's guild doesn't find out (sneaky)... it would give that type of system a whole new level of depth that has yet to be created. A weather effects system and actually night and day would have really been able to give depth to the gameplay with the stealth and changes to guards and NPC's actions and responses. And with more indoor environments interactions with doors and chests would be cool and given the ability to have a cool locking picking skill. I know this is long so I'm gonna stop, but I hope that my suggestions are helpful and that many get implimented if there is a sequel.

DeAdLy2323
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
wow thats a big post, sorry i cant respond correctly since i didnt finish reading yet, but you might want to try making different paragraphs or something to make it a little easier to read,

I316_I3L4CK
11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madludwig23:
I just got Assassin's Creed and think that it is a wonderfully crafted game. Everything that the game was designed to do it does well, but my expectations as far as gameplay and openness fell short. This is not because of the game itself but more because of what was left out of the game. Assassin's Creed had the potential to be a GTA style action stealth RPG. If there is going to be a sequel here are a few things I thought would be a warmly welcomed addition... The setting for Assassin's Creed is one of the things that makes it appealing. It would have been nice to make it more interactive. Such as having currency for shops to buy or upgrade weapons. Also expanding the weapon selection would have been nice. As far as shops go the ability to do miscellanious things like drink alcohol and change your characters appearance slightly would be cool. More indoor environments to help immerse the player more. Also with health the ability to eat which could make stealing from markets or stealing items and selling them more fun. As far as side questing this is where GTA style would come out... like side eavesdropping missions for NPC's, theft missions (pickpocketing and indoor/outdoor theft of info or items), ability to be hired for private assassinations, ability to be hired as a mercenary in private conflicts, artifact hunting missions for private NPC and shops/companies, guarding caravans or traveling NPC's, intimidation missions if there were other underground criminal organizations, transporting important information from NPC's to other NPC's, rescuing NPCs from jail, dungeons, or from criminal organizations/camps, kidnapping missions. Basically think GTA meets Elder scrolls Oblivion. I know with the assassin's guild rules there is expected honor and what not, but that would give the ability to have a moral system (right and wrong) to affect the way NPC's view, react, and respond to you. Also it would open up the way for more stealth by giving the player the ability to hide or cover up his dishonorable actions so the assassin's guild doesn't find out (sneaky)... it would give that type of system a whole new level of depth that has yet to be created. A weather effects system and actually night and day would have really been able to give depth to the gameplay with the stealth and changes to guards and NPC's actions and responses. And with more indoor environments interactions with doors and chests would be cool and given the ability to have a cool locking picking skill. I know this is long so I'm gonna stop, but I hope that my suggestions are helpful and that many get implimented if there is a sequel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completey agree with you... but after playing Assassin's Creed I want to see what they do with the next two games, Those ideas are great, but i would rather see that for another game, out side of AC.