PDA

View Full Version : Might and Magic Heroes VI, why are you so obscure?

SandroTheMaster
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello, I'm back people.

So, Heroes VI was announced. And I have a problem with it. The problem is that I only heard it was announced several weeks after the fact. What?

Really, today's games live and die to marketing and advertising. I'm one of the biggest fans of the series, one of the few who find ALL Heroes games (and Might and Magic games... save IX) great in their own right. I've always looked for clues for Heroes VI. Then it was announced, there was a small footnote on every site there is (in the week I didn't have internet access) and since it's never been spoken of again.

Seriously people. If you're set to make a great game, DO SOME ADS! We can't buy games we never even heard were going to be sold. I had to stumble upon it in the Celestial Havens site while looking for some info regarding M&M VIII. And that can't be. I'd hate to see the series get back to its feet (and hearing how it is looking into some of the good ideas from Heroes IV, instead of just ignoring it, I believe that will be the case) just to fail for lack of PR.

Mr.Dragon
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Well, release info these days in an absolute swamp.
With so many games out there hitting the pages all over the place, and most of them being shovelware or generic brown FPS games, it's hard to spot the gleaming rays of hope such as the Heroes series' latest installment.

Because of this, I tend to regularly check all my favorite franchises and consult a few niche genre websites.

Regardless, good to have you back Sandro, hope you make an appearance in this one, they have hinted that there was a necromancer called Sandro wandering about Ashan.
With our jump in the past, we might just meet this incarnation.
(They also recently dropped a "tribute to famous characters from the MM series" which many of us are considering might well be a hint at some old faces returning in some form or another.)

vadagar11
10-07-2010, 01:32 PM
same here I have no idea what or who possessed me to Google heroes 6 3 days ago but I did, and my heart almost stopped when I saw HEROES 6

I was like NO WAY, they announced it today, but turns out it happened weeks ago.

More ads and give us some wallpaper or something.

man can't w8 for this game.

znork
10-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Just dont leavehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif