PDA

View Full Version : Collectors edition in Australia

Crazy_Goanna
03-28-2011, 06:56 AM
I just noticed on the EB Games web site that the collectors edition($108 aus) is listed for release on March 31, or pre-order now.
I wonder if this is up-to date info or old info that they haven;t updated.
will give them a ring in the am to see the details
Pricey here in Oz-- but those little carrier pigeons ferrying all these games from the factories must charge heaps for delivery

Feathered_IV
03-28-2011, 07:22 AM
One fellow at the bannana lounge snapped this pic at EB's Elizabeth St store in Melbourne.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5227/5566764419_3460ed11c5_b.jpg

Ugly isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Mercanario
03-28-2011, 08:18 AM
So in Britian the boxed or the download version will cost 35 pounds. In Australia the download or boxed version will cost 56 pounds...i dont think ill bother.
That kind of blatant rip off gives net piracy a good name.

Crazy_Goanna
03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
I probably wouldn't worry too much about the price if I knew the developers were getting the 'Lion's share' of the price- after all the 8 yrs of work that it took,
But it is like the proportions that the farmers get per liter of milk- bugger all!!

Grand_Armee
03-28-2011, 01:50 PM
The question is: Once one guys says "I've got it and it's great!" how long will we be able to wait to part the folds of our wallets to buy it?

I haven't flight-simmed in a long time. My hands are getting itchy.

It's only 88 bucks AU...which is less than I payed for Rise of Flight which currently collects dust.

Crazy_Goanna
03-28-2011, 07:27 PM
'It's only 88 bucks AU...which is less than I payed for...a couple of bottles of Bourbon etc over a weekend, when I was younger and used to abuse the body. This will have a longer shelf life/playability than those previous liquid 'addictions'

bkdamon
03-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_Goanna:
'It's only 88 bucks AU...which is less than I payed for...a couple of bottles of Bourbon etc over a weekend, when I was younger and used to abuse the body. This will have a longer shelf life/playability than those previous liquid 'addictions'

Quitter!!

Crazy_Goanna
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bkdamon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crazy_Goanna:

Quitter!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah healthier now and liver is happier too!!

Bit the bullitt and ordered over the phone to EB Games or collectors edtion surpisingly easy and no dramas that a 10gb download will stuff up(as had happenned before) and take forever with my 1500 connection.They said could probably pick it up on the 31st as well
Then to see what all the joy and fuss is about.
Easter comes early- bugger chocolates give me electrons and explosions anyday

Mercanario
03-29-2011, 01:12 AM
I wouldnt object paying $100 for the game, even that would be pretty good value for the hours even years of fun it would bring, but only if that was the price everyone else was paying.
What i object to is being made to feel like a sap because ive payed well over the odds just because of where i live. Chances are ill walk past EB games one day and think well what the heck and go in and buy it, but i may just wait n see what happens when it comes out in the US..a big market and lots of potential for brand new copies to start appearing on ebay or elsewhere at a decent price.

tuscanlucca
03-29-2011, 01:26 AM
You can always buy it from amazon for about $46, free postage and with the aussie dollar now a bargain. the question is how often will you walk past eb's while it's still in the post.

Grand_Armee
03-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Think positive...think in terms of inflation. In 1990 you could buy a VW Jetta for 8k, and Lucasarts Battle of Britain on two 3" floppies for 30 bucks.

Now, a Jetta is around 28K...call that 350% inflation. Whereas your new CLOD is only 300% inflated...and with better graphics.

Feel better?