PDA

View Full Version : Converting Track Footage:

VVaFFenPanZZeR
04-12-2006, 05:56 PM
How do u convert Atrack that u record, using a hotkey quick record, or whaterver the term is.

I can record them, but is it only possible to view them through PF menu.

WTE_Galway
04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
i would be inclined to download a utility like FRAPS that does screen captures

M2morris
04-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Yep, download Fraps, its free I think. It was when I got it.
First:
You open the Fraps program, then you start IL2 and it lets you 'film' scenes from your track by just hitting a key(I use F9) just like turning a movie camera on and off. Then, you close IL2 and Fraps, open up Windows Movie Maker and import clips from the fraps program to WMM, then drag and drop them onto the story board. It is limited to your imagination and/or bank account. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dbillo
04-13-2006, 07:16 AM
The free version of FRAPS will only record maximum of 30 seconds per clip, so you'll need to make several clips from your tracks. The resulting avi clips are very large, too, so you'll have to use some video editing software, like WMM as M2morris suggested, to string the clips together and compress them to something reasonable. Windows Movie Maker is included with XP. It will only output .wmv files, which may be what you want anyhow...they have good quality for file size.

You might mosey on over to the Movie Makers Forum to find out more.