PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem? HELP!!

tonyhardee
12-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi,

I just installed URU and everything seemed to be going great. In the beginning of the game before entering the tree there is a room where you have a ghost like figure that walks around the room. My question is does this character speak? I can see the lips moving but I hear no voice. I appear to have all other sounds including the voice of the guy by the trailer in the desert. If I should hear this character then please help me diagnose the problem.

I am running Windows XP Pro with a SB Audigy 2 sound card with all up to date drivers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

tonyhardee
12-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi,

I just installed URU and everything seemed to be going great. In the beginning of the game before entering the tree there is a room where you have a ghost like figure that walks around the room. My question is does this character speak? I can see the lips moving but I hear no voice. I appear to have all other sounds including the voice of the guy by the trailer in the desert. If I should hear this character then please help me diagnose the problem.

I am running Windows XP Pro with a SB Audigy 2 sound card with all up to date drivers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

xtruckers10
12-05-2003, 11:08 AM
try setting the menu to use more sounds, it can b found on the lower right corner of the game under the question mark, see if any of those game controls are checked off.. good luck..

maztec
12-05-2003, 11:42 AM
That's a piece of audio that should work even if sounds are set to minimum and not off...

In fact, I verified that's the case.

I'd make sure the .ogg file corresponding to it is there. . Not sure what its name is offhand, but it'd be cleft yeesha something.

jbourdier
12-07-2003, 09:06 AM
I've noticed that the wind noise in that part and the part at the end is so loud that it drowns out everything else. I've considered creating a new character with the wind noises turned off just so I can hear her voice -- my current character has already finished.

Hope that helps.