PDA

View Full Version : Problems with HAWX, I have a couple solutions. PC version.

Shckr57.
03-24-2009, 07:29 AM
First off, I had a lot of problems with Hawx.
1.-Saitek x52 joystick didn't work
2.-HAWXwouldn't load up after hitting eter at start screen

I have a beastcomputer, Core I7, dual GX2's 6 gig ram, WINDOWS VISTA 64

To fix the problem with the joystick, you have to disable your program that lets you change what the buttons do, forgot what it is called, or just uninstall it. Then hawx wuill see it and use, and all the buttons will funton normally. The problem here is due to a clash in profiles, becuase HAWX has its own for each specific joystick supported.

To fix the problem with it not starting up is due to a confct with DX10 and HAWX's game engine. instead of running the game from the cd, go to your folder were HAWX is installed and run the regular .exe, not the _dx10.exe. your game will run like never before but with your DX10 options greyed out, and a little bit less image quality. no more jumping around at unusually low FPS.

I hope this helps you as it has helped me. Note, this is for the PC version

Shckr57.
03-24-2009, 07:29 AM
First off, I had a lot of problems with Hawx.
1.-Saitek x52 joystick didn't work
2.-HAWXwouldn't load up after hitting eter at start screen

I have a beastcomputer, Core I7, dual GX2's 6 gig ram, WINDOWS VISTA 64

To fix the problem with the joystick, you have to disable your program that lets you change what the buttons do, forgot what it is called, or just uninstall it. Then hawx wuill see it and use, and all the buttons will funton normally. The problem here is due to a clash in profiles, becuase HAWX has its own for each specific joystick supported.

To fix the problem with it not starting up is due to a confct with DX10 and HAWX's game engine. instead of running the game from the cd, go to your folder were HAWX is installed and run the regular .exe, not the _dx10.exe. your game will run like never before but with your DX10 options greyed out, and a little bit less image quality. no more jumping around at unusually low FPS.

I hope this helps you as it has helped me. Note, this is for the PC version

cry4dawn
03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I had exactly the same problems you had with everything you listed here with the X52. Downloading the 1.1 patch you can find in these forums which was available the day of release fixed all the problems and I have been enjoying the game ever since. My screen got stuck on the Teen warning screen which is the first you saw and never past it till I put in the patch

You can find that patch here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1006247/m/4051053247 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2541006247/m/4051053247)

Gypsy816
03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Moved to the Tech Forum.

Storbein
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsy816:
Moved to the Tech Forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do that mr fritzl forum manager, move it here where nobody but pc users will see it, but when will we get news about the damn online issues?

voutour-1
03-24-2009, 02:10 PM
help exe save non open problemo et help non francain playse

KZarr
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Storbein:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsy816:

You do that mr fritzl forum manager, move it here where nobody but pc users will see it, but when will we get news about the damn online issues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a PC issue so i don't see what the problem is with PC-users being the only one seeing it. Plus it helps to reduce the spam on the main boards.

And it's Misses Gypsy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gypsy816
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Storbein:

You do that mr fritzl forum manager, move it here where nobody but pc users will see it, but when will we get news about the damn online issues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the best place for the mods and managers to see important issues like this. This way, we can make sure to report on them and pass them to the necessary people.