PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Shaitaan1986
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
How come people are "unreachable"?

****, just deleted wall of text, but I guess its ok since topic was "quick question"

CrazyShrapnel
04-20-2011, 10:21 AM
That... they can't be reached.

...I'd like to know the answer to this too actually. From a PS3 perspective the majority of my friends are unreachable when in a game. However I can invite them into a game of my own perfectly fine. (Usually) I've even been in a game with 3 other friends, disconnected then been told that game was unreachable, despite the game's desire to put me back in random's lobbies after I dc from them.

So yeah, unreachable is a very mysterious word. Someone explain plox.

LopunnyLord
04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
1)In a ranked match
2)Not in a multiplayer match at all.
3)Room is full
4)NAT issues (cannot connect to someone in the room due to moderate or strict NAT settings)

daddychinn
04-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LopunnyLord:
1)In a ranked match
2)Not in a multiplayer match at all.
3)Room is full
4)NAT issues (cannot connect to someone in the room due to moderate or strict NAT settings)
Also, make sure y'all r both on the same DLC

CrazyShrapnel
04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought it just showed 0 available slots if the game was full. I've seen it several times myself. Although lag can make anything possible these days.

L0lwu7
04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
So what you're saying is that when AC:Brotherhood came out everyone on earth set their NAT to strict?

HexyWoo
04-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
I thought it just showed 0 available slots if the game was full. I've seen it several times myself. Although lag can make anything possible these days. It's meant to show 0 slots, but it does sometimes say unreachable for full games instead. I always have to back out of 'Join Friends', go back in, wait a few seconds, go out & back in for it to update properly anyway.

m4tt3198
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
I had a case the other night where a friend invited me to a game, but when I hit join, it would say "Attempting to join session" for a couple of seconds, then change to "Unreachable". We wasted about 30 min's with both of us sending invites, backing out, going back in, etc. but we could never join up. I even rebooted my entire PS3 a couple of times to no avail.

Is it likely that it was it a NAT setting that was causing all of the greif?

Shaitaan1986
04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Im not talking about a game beeing "unreachable"
In the friends list it sais beside many of my friends "unreachable"

Ps, to make a ranked game with some friends, do you need 4 friends in it? I tried with one, but it couldn't launch (not for boosting, wanna play with friends against good players)

persiateddy95
04-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Still, Unreachable is pretty annoying. I can't connect to some of my friends and it's annoying.
We both had the same DLC, NAT settings, yet still didn't work. And it's not like we are that far away. I can connect to people from the US but not from the UK?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Shaitaan1986
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
Still, Unreachable is pretty annoying. I can't connect to some of my friends and it's annoying.
We both had the same DLC, NAT settings, yet still didn't work. And it's not like we are that far away. I can connect to people from the US but not from the UK?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

true, I'm not surprised tho lol