PDA

View Full Version : Spits officialy über: is it O.K to fly Ki84/La7 now?

Vincent_Steele
05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi All,

When the La7 made its entrance, it was quickly reckognised for its superior dogfight capabilities. This lead to online flyers with self respect avoiding flying it. A kill in a La 7 simply wasn't worth as much as a kill in any other aircraft. The same story goes for the Ki84 C (30mm). Its turn capablility, speed and excessive cannon power made it the prefered choice for newbies. It was very easy to get into a Ki84 c and jump into a dogfight furball and rack up kills. It too was condemned "noobish" and "clown crate".

The Spitfire in general falls into this category of planes. Its zero-gravity manoeuvrablility, dive & climb ability combined with the non-overheating engine makes it the beginner's perfect choice. In an E-smart, capable pilot's hands, it is next to unbeatable. Oh, the Hipanos are better than the other 20mm cannons too.

Now my question: Do you think I could start flying the Ki84 C and the La7 now without loosing my dignity? Or in other words, is the Spitfire (1943 and later) equally unsporting to fly as the La7 and Ki84 C once were?

Thank you very much,
Vincent Steele

P.S Please refrain from claims that the Spitfire actually should be that good as it is in the game. This has already been discussed on the forum and no one here is qualified to make any statements regarding this. I'm only intrested in my online image. And while we're at it, please don't bother with replys like "Fly what you want and ignore what other people think". Thanks.

Vincent_Steele
05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi All,

When the La7 made its entrance, it was quickly reckognised for its superior dogfight capabilities. This lead to online flyers with self respect avoiding flying it. A kill in a La 7 simply wasn't worth as much as a kill in any other aircraft. The same story goes for the Ki84 C (30mm). Its turn capablility, speed and excessive cannon power made it the prefered choice for newbies. It was very easy to get into a Ki84 c and jump into a dogfight furball and rack up kills. It too was condemned "noobish" and "clown crate".

The Spitfire in general falls into this category of planes. Its zero-gravity manoeuvrablility, dive & climb ability combined with the non-overheating engine makes it the beginner's perfect choice. In an E-smart, capable pilot's hands, it is next to unbeatable. Oh, the Hipanos are better than the other 20mm cannons too.

Now my question: Do you think I could start flying the Ki84 C and the La7 now without loosing my dignity? Or in other words, is the Spitfire (1943 and later) equally unsporting to fly as the La7 and Ki84 C once were?

Thank you very much,
Vincent Steele

P.S Please refrain from claims that the Spitfire actually should be that good as it is in the game. This has already been discussed on the forum and no one here is qualified to make any statements regarding this. I'm only intrested in my online image. And while we're at it, please don't bother with replys like "Fly what you want and ignore what other people think". Thanks.

VW-IceFire
05-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Good question. I'm looking forward to a series of irrational and unrealistic answers to this question.

Here's mine:
Both Ki-84 and La-7 are faster, more manueverable, and better armed than the Spitfire. Infact, there isn't much that the Spitfire has...except for guns that are spread out and therefore increases the changes of a new pilot hitting the target with a random burst.

So although the Spitfire is the target of much disgust from certain quarters, the other two are still much better and probably more "n00bish."

tjaika1910
05-17-2005, 08:19 AM
The Spitfire actually should be that good as it is in the game.

Fly what you want and ignore what other people think

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Te_Vigo
05-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Fly what you're comfortble with in rooms you comfortable flying in and yes don't worry what others think.

Don't worry about having suggested to you to go find a tank to kill somewhere (as I saw on one server) or to go find a B29.

In the right hands and with enough ingame experience all the planes are deadly and manouverable.

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-17-2005, 08:49 AM
The Spitfire is a good ride. When I fly Blue, I don't have much trouble with them. Again, a good winman and plenty O' "E" will take care of that.

Fly what you want...including the La7/Ki84C.

TB

DONB3397
05-17-2005, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Good question. I'm looking forward to a series of irrational and unrealistic answers to this question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I haven't seen any boxscores posted on the forums yet. Until I do, I'm flying what I like or think is right for the objective (in my case it doesn't help that much). When I see a real list that shows kill ratios, it would seem logical to try the best.

BTW, are the scores weighted now? Is everyone flying the same stick-peddals-monitor-scanning system? What am I missing here?

LEBillfish
05-17-2005, 09:01 AM
They're all fine to fly.....Don't sweat it, fly what you want...and when some guy starts spouting noob/cheat/whatever from his K4 simply politely inform him...

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">"You're supposed to wait till after the kill message to make your excuses"</span>

Naturally, he'll feel self fulfilled and can now die happy if he gets you, his end all life goal complete....

Frankly, I'll fight ANYONE online, in ANY plane, them in ANY other, and WIN EVERYTIME. ........as whether I shoot them down or them me, I'll have the most fun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

So put that in your Funk & Wagnalls http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jurinko
05-17-2005, 09:08 AM
yeah please fly the n00b planes. I love to kill them in my Fw 190.

BBB_Hyperion
05-17-2005, 09:19 AM
The Answer is NO but you wouldnt have asked when you didnt know it already http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

faustnik
05-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Not all Spitfires are created equal. You can't label them all as UFOs. Yes, the Spit IXc can do some wierd stuff, but the Vb, LF Vb, and the IXe both regular and clipped, can't do the no E-bleed 180. All the Spitfires are limited by their slow speed and make good targets for a free hunting pack of Fw190s.

robban75
05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vincent_Steele:
Do you think I could start flying the Ki84 C and the La7 now without loosing my dignity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO, you should of course be allowed to fly any plane you want, regardless of what other people think, overmodelled or not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The La-7 in-game is pretty much the same now as it was 6 moths ago. It has always been a little fishy. But that hardly makes it unique.

Climbrates, in-game versus real life.

Alt -- game - RL

1000 - 27.8 - 24.2
2000 - 25.0 - 20.0
3000 - 20.0 - 18.6
4000 - 20.0 - 15.0
5000 - 20.0 - 15.0

Acceleration comparison with the equally fast Fw 190D-9 and La-7

Spd - D-9 - La7

250 - ST - ST
300 - :4 - :4
350 - :9 - :8
400 - :16 - :13
450 - :25 - :21
500 - :37 - :31
550 - :57 - :46
570 - 1:09 - :57
580 - 1:18 - 1:04
590 - 1:30 - 1:13
600 - 1:49 - 1:28
610 - 2:43 - 1:59

mynameisroland
05-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Amen Faustnik

Spitfires in my hands any way are sluggish and dont have the choice to disengage and are toast when you find yourself outnumbered.

What I hate about them is I can attack one with a very large E advantage and think I can go in to the vertical after the merge yet the Spitfire can climb and hold its vertical attitude too long, It can even to a vertical split S and still have enough energy to aim and fire at a target. When the stall comes its slow and very lazy and the plane returns to horizontal flight with no apparent loss in altitude. This is a problem related to La 5's too and is supposedly due to the FM modelling favouring low wing loading fighter over high wing loading fighters in ALL kinds of manuvers not just sustained climb and sustained turn.

HayateAce
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
If you are looking for NOOB ride, hop in FantasyBogus~109, employ anti-gravity pods and hold down trigger of Noob-O-8 gunnzors.

Your Leetness will shine in teh 1-0-Whine.

Here is one landed:

http://www.ufoarea.com/pictures/German-Vril12.jpg

MEGILE
05-17-2005, 11:16 AM
You troll like you spell "manoeuvrablility". (not very well)

See you around http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hetzer_II
05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
ahh ja, hayatelooser again..

BuzzU
05-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Sorry. Adding noob planes to the list, doesn't take others away.

Fly the P-39, and be a man.

danjama
05-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Its zero-gravity manoeuvrablility, dive & climb ability

What are you kidding me. I am a spit pilot, and i really disagree with much of what anyone says about it. You say you cant fly the plane for squat, so how do you know it has uber climb, speed, 180 turn etc. I want to shoot u down in my spit. O no i cant, you will cry that it is cheating. Uber spit! Uber spit! Yeah right.

BfHeFwMe
05-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I think my Spits are broke, can anyone tell me how to stall one? How about overheating it?

stathem
05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
To answer

a) try to turn hard under 150 mph
b) take it over 15,000'

of course since every 109 and 190 will run for the deck as soon as they see you, staying over 15,000 is tricky.

jugent
05-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Im looking forward to see the uber of the uber. Create a server where those planes meet, and crown the most Oleg uberplane.

faustnik
05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BfHeFwMe:
I think my Spits are broke, can anyone tell me how to stall one? How about overheating it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fly a Spit Vb. It will overheat with very little effort.

pacettid
05-17-2005, 12:52 PM
quack!

Lazy312
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Fly what you want and ignore what other people think! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

HellToupee
05-17-2005, 03:18 PM
or fly fast and high wierd it is 100% throttle will overheat at speed slow down a notch same throttle and it dosnt overheat. Just rember the spit dosnt go to 110% throttle and have a wep option, i fly around all day in a 190d9 at 110%

Lunix
05-17-2005, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">a good winman and plenty O' "E" will take care of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good wingman has no problems with'em 'cause his plenty 'O E will help him runaway faster than you.

Its fun to play with other people but when it comes right down to it its you thats enjoying it. If you have fun flying a spit then by all means fly one.

Myself I really like a well earned kill that was got with me brains and not because I turn a 360 in 18 seconds rather than 24. I do not expect, nor want, everyone to feel the way I do on the other hand.

OldMan____
05-17-2005, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robban75:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vincent_Steele:
Do you think I could start flying the Ki84 C and the La7 now without loosing my dignity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO, you should of course be allowed to fly any plane you want, regardless of what other people think, overmodelled or not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The La-7 in-game is pretty much the same now as it was 6 moths ago. It has always been a little fishy. But that hardly makes it unique.

Climbrates, in-game versus real life.

Alt -- game - RL

1000 - 27.8 - 24.2
2000 - 25.0 - 20.0
3000 - 20.0 - 18.6
4000 - 20.0 - 15.0
5000 - 20.0 - 15.0

Acceleration comparison with the equally fast Fw 190D-9 and La-7

Spd - D-9 - La7

250 - ST - ST
300 - :4 - :4
350 - :9 - :8
400 - :16 - :13
450 - :25 - :21
500 - :37 - :31
550 - :57 - :46
570 - 1:09 - :57
580 - 1:18 - 1:04
590 - 1:30 - 1:13
600 - 1:49 - 1:28
610 - 2:43 - 1:59 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the intersting is that the acceleration difference increases more and more at higher speed.. the Opossite should be the true. D9 has worse power/weight ratio so should accelerate worse at slow speed where weight is main issue and come much closer at high speed where drag is main issue.

Jetbuff
05-17-2005, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faustnik:
Not all Spitfires are created equal. You can't label them all as UFOs. Yes, the Spit IXc can do some wierd stuff, but the Vb, LF Vb, and the IXe both regular and clipped, can't do the no E-bleed 180. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Amen!

Mind you I can still kill the IXc, and don't usually moan about it when it shoots me down. I just find it shatters my immersion to see a plane do a hard break turn at low speed to avoid my Boom and then have the tamarity to actually go nose-high after that and actually climb! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Having to think, "WTF?" repeatedly mid-mission definitely reduces the fun factor. It's the same with the G-2 out-turning the F-4 - it's not a huge impact game-wise but quite irritating to see.

Badsight.
05-17-2005, 10:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Good question. I'm looking forward to a series of irrational and unrealistic answers to this question.

Here's mine:
Both Ki-84 and La-7 are faster, more manueverable, and better armed than the Spitfire. Infact, there isn't much that the Spitfire has...except for guns that are spread out and therefore increases the changes of a new pilot hitting the target with a random burst.

So although the Spitfire is the target of much disgust from certain quarters, the other two are still much better and probably more "n00bish." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"the Hayate is out , the Spitfire is in"

so the leading point *****s state & agree

i dont know if you have flowen the 44 & 45 Yaks & La's in v3.x much , but they are NOTHING like what they used to be in DF dominance

the Hayate isnt anything like it was when it was introduced either , except for its weird DM still

the king is named Spitfire , no Hayate or Bf109 or Lavochkin has the ability to out E-fight them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faustnik:
Not all Spitfires are created equal. You can't label them all as UFOs. Yes, the Spit IXc can do some wierd stuff, but the Vb, LF Vb, and the IXe both regular and clipped, can't do the no E-bleed 180. All the Spitfires are limited by their slow speed and make good targets for a free hunting pack of Fw190s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the Mk5s are especially magic to DF with

magic i say

Badsight.
05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HayateAce:
If you are looking for NOOB ride, hop in FantasyBogus~109, employ anti-gravity pods and hold down trigger of Noob-O-8 gunnzors.

Your Leetness will shine in teh 1-0-Whine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so your ok with allied UFO's ?

you just want axis planes easy-to-kill ?

when are you going to announce your normal login name so we know which Yankwhiner it is we are laughing at ?

or are the rest of your USAF replicating squadmates too shamed & embarrased & ordered you to silence ?

Kurfurst__
05-18-2005, 05:11 AM
All the Spitfires are limited by their slow speed and make good targets for a free hunting pack of Fw190s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, they should be like this in real life, but not in the game... All spit IX/VIIIs are some 30-40 kph faster at high altitude than they should be, so you can`t take advantage of their historically poorer altitude performance in the late LW planes. And their dive rate is ridiculus, the overheat model still has a lot to ask for..

ImpStarDuece
05-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Strange Kurfurst, but as a predominantly Allied flyer I'd hate to have your version of the game. It would make it that much more galling to be shot down when I fly Red.

I tested the Spitfires out just recently after I had a nasty experiance in my P-47 outrunning one at 30,000 feet after a LONG chase.

Sure enough the max speed I could coax out of a Spitfire IXe H.F. was 668 kph trimmed as close as possible to level flight at around 27,500 feet. This is on the Crimea map, at noon, with a 25% fuel load and all ammo expended. 668 kph is about 412 mph, bang on the average credited speed for the H.F. variant, about 4-5 mph slower than the best speeds I have seen attributed to the sub-type..

Just to be sure, I ran another check about 5 minutes ago. Same criteria, Spitfire IXe H.F. at 8,100m (28,000 feet approx) on Crimea map, 25% fuel, trimmed as close as i could get for level flight. Result was 664 kph in level flight, sustained until overheat. 664 is about 411 mph, again very close (less than 1%) from the officially recognised and tested stats.

If you go off IL2Compare that gives the IXe HF a max speed of 710 kph, which is WRONG. However, I have never been able to confirm a lot of IL2C's results with my own testing. For example Il2C has the IX running 30 kph faster than the VIII at best speed, something I have never been able to duplicate.

710 kph would be over 40 kph faster than the IX H.F. could obtain in real life and in the game, unless it was running +25lbs. I don't know if the Merlin 70 was ever cleared for +25lbs, like the Merlin 66 was. Still, probably beside the point as +25lbs Spitfires are not in the game yet. Still, we can always cross or fingers for the next patch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Vincent_Steele
05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your answers so far. Regrettably, most of them added little value to the topic suggested by me, I.e my concern about my image online.

As I feared (that is why I added the P.S) most replies were suggesting that I should pic any plane and not worry about other people's opinion. The other 50% of the answers got bogged down in discussions about the Spitfire's performance. Some answers were pure insults (Megile).

Surely, you can do better than this. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vincent

p1ngu666
05-18-2005, 09:19 AM
fly all planes, tbh

DONB3397
05-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your answers so far. Regrettably, most of them added little value to the topic suggested by me, I.e my concern about my image online.

As I feared (that is why I added the P.S) most replies were suggesting that I should pic any plane and not worry about other people's opinion. The other 50% of the answers got bogged down in discussions about the Spitfire's performance. Some answers were pure insults (Megile).

Surely, you can do better than this. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vincent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Funny, Vincent. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Do you fly as well as troll?

HayateAce
05-18-2005, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight.:
some typical gunk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Badsite, how is development coming on your new force-feedback bra?

http://www.atasda.org.au/images/exhibits/bazaar_bras/images/Bare%20Set%20Shirley%20Allen%20%20Iron%20lung.jpg

Badsight.
05-18-2005, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight.:
so your ok with allied UFO's ?

you just want axis planes easy-to-kill ?

when are you going to announce your normal login name so we know which Yankwhiner it is we are laughing at ?

or are the rest of your USAF replicating squadmates too shamed & embarrased & ordered you to silence ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so i take it that it is ok for Allied planes to fly like UFO's by you

carguy_
05-18-2005, 07:24 PM
FLY P39 AND BE A MAN LMFAO!!!!!11

Willey
05-25-2005, 09:57 AM
P-39D-2 is teh UFO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Spit IX is uber in a dive and maybe e-bleed terms, Spit V in high alt climb rates.

JerryFodder
05-27-2005, 04:29 AM
LA7 yes, but the Ki84 I find easily spins so I don't see it as uber. Any **** pilot would be all over the place in it, like me. That's why I avoid it and stick to my trusty mig3U - nobody calls me uber in that, mainly because they're on my 6 though.................

ploughman
05-27-2005, 05:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Regrettably, most of them added little value to the topic suggested by me, I.e my concern about my image online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are actually concerned then don't fly a Spit. Regardless of whether or not Spits are or aren't incorrectly modelled they're 'not cool' as they're one of the first planes most people try and as such are generally flown my inexperienced muppets. This is an immutable fact unchanged since the first simulated dogfight.

However, if you were to fly a Spitfire with excellence, acheiving high Kill/Death ratios against late war Lufties, then you might lower the temperature of the Spitfire a few degrees and make it the kite to be seen in.

Haven't a clue about the other two.

I did a test on a IXc and a G6. I flew them at 540kph at 5-10m altitude before I chopped the motor and climbed straight up. The IXc climbed to 792m before falling away, the G-6 made it to 846m before falling away.

Tazzers1968
05-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Just a couple of things. Only kids think that all Spitfire pilots are noobs. Your claims about the Spits zero gravity this and non overheating that are and have always been rubbish as are the supposed climb and dive abilities. These claims are also simple and persistent rehashes of others who got shot down by them simply because they did not know how to fly. Its boring and it is insulting and .........actually I don't even know why I am answering such a pathetic claim that isn't even new. When you are out of nappies, or you have begun shaving, come back and try to show a little respect. Don't worry though I think I know the kind of pathetic whiner you are so I am not expecting anything new.

Phil http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ploughman
05-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Phil, you talkin' to me? I was being ironic seen as the poster seemed more concerned about what he was wearing than anything else. Serves me right I suppose. Just in case you missed it the first time, the G6 climbed further than the IXc.

You and Hristos really need to get together.

stubby
05-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Man, if the plane is selectable, fly it. If some one starts pissing and moaning about getting killed, ask them to bend over again and stick it 'em again. It was probably their fault anyway they died because they tried to dogfight a superior plane to begin with.

Philipscdrw
05-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Why are we discussing the Spitfire's ability to aim in a vertical climb? When 4.0 is released in the next couple of weeks, it will all be completely different!

I don't fly Spitfires online, partly because they have a vague 'noob' connotation with me (I don't remember why) but mainly because I like to fly the P-38. But most of the Allied pilots on the servers I use (near-full-switch servers like Warclouds and GreaterGreen) seem to use Spitfires and Mustangs. Don't worry about using it!

I shot one down once. I was in a P-63 (just to be different) and was chasing a Fw-109D at about 1000ft. A Spitfire dropped in front of me, chasing the same aircraft, and I mistook him for a Bf-109 (**** those underwing radiators) and placed some 37mm rounds into his wingroot, which broke. D'oh...

Papa_K
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you think I could start flying the Ki84 C and the La7 now without loosing my dignity? Or in other words, is the Spitfire (1943 and later) equally unsporting to fly as the La7 and Ki84 C once were? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...(A) You have no dignity and now you can admit it, and (B) You're not the sporting type.

Join the "Noob Alley" server, where La-Women, Ki-ClownWagons, and noobs who suck-and-Spit can all congregate.

A special server, where all so-called "noob" planes are on one side vs. a selection of other similiar-year aircraft, has recently been set up on hyperlobby. Callsigns of those who join the "noob" side are permanently tagged and displayed in a different color (pink?) on all other servers. The CDC has set this server up on an experimental basis, to aid in identifying and selectively eliminating the "noob" infestation.

Fly what you want to.

Papa_K

bolillo_loco
05-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I wish more people used spitfires! My only complaint about the spitfire is that it keeps blowing up infront of me and causes damage to the 109K4 that I use. spits and yaks seem to blow up violently when I shoot them. la7s and ki84s do not blow up as easily as the other two. I love df quake servers where everybody is using la7s, yak 3ps, ki84s, and spitfires. I find them all very easy to shoot down simply because they can never keep up with the k4s speed or manual prop pitch climb rate.