PDA

View Full Version : Backing up your Teamspeak settings...

Bearcat99
06-30-2008, 08:11 AM
How many times have you had a great TS setup only to loose it because of a HD crash? Your TS settup can be backed up.. here's how thanks to the 99th's Tech officer 99th_Papy_Toa ....

Go to :

C:\Documents and Settings\ <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">*DAD</span> \Application Data\teamspeak2

There you will find a file called TeamSpeak.Conf. Save that file to your TS backup folder. If you cannot find that application folder it may be hidden, it was on mine.. From the C:\Documents and Settings\DAD folder go to the tool bar and hit Tools>Folder Options>View>Files & Folders ... and check Show hidden files & folders.. and then you should see it. Copy the TeamSpeak.Conf folder to wherever you store your backup info. It is best to do this either on another drive or adisk etc.

In the event of a crash, once you reinstall TS get that folder and drop it into the same folder you took it from (the original folder you took it from, which will be created once you reinstall TS in the same place unless you send it somewhere else) .. NOT the backup folder) and it will overwrite the default settings and reinstall you old settings.

This will save you a lot of headaches.. Especially if you have an extensive TS setup like I do with multiple servers and whisper keys etc...

If you are running the stock sim you might also want to back up the following:

In the sim:
Missons
PaintSchemes
Quicks
records (that is where all your Ntrks are stored)
Users (that is where your control settings are stored)
conf
DGen
NGen (DGen & NGen store your campaign information if you have run any)

and also backup:
Joystick profiles
Track IR profiles
VAC profiles

these you will find in the folder associated with the profiling software of the product.

If you are running something other than the stock sim you might want to consider backing up those files too...

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">*On my PC it is DAD .. yours may say Administrator or whatever the main users name is..</span>

BrotherVoodoo
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Nice back up list BC. I'll get on it tonite.

Osprey_334th
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Bugger. If only I had this a couple of weeks ago. Still, I feel more comfortable about filling it up now - thanks!

Aviar
06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Funny, but I don't see any TS files there. Could they be somewhere else?

Aviar

Bearcat99
07-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Aviar:
Funny, but I don't see any TS files there. Could they be somewhere else?

Aviar

C:\Documents and Settings\ *DAD \Application Data\teamspeak2

There you will find a file called TeamSpeak.Conf. Save that file to your TS backup folder. If you cannot find that application folder it may be hidden, it was on mine.. From the C:\Documents and Settings\DAD folder go to the tool bar and hit Tools>Folder Options>View>Files & Folders ... and check Show hidden files & folders..

Also I dont know how many users you have on your PC.. I have 5 on mine.. Administrator, DAD, Guest, default user and all users and on mine it was under DAD.

Aviar
07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
My bad...I got it. Thanks.

Aviar

Bearcat99
07-11-2008, 07:57 AM
bump

Bearcat99
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Bump...