PDA

View Full Version : PG 15 vs PG 18

npatten
03-21-2010, 04:12 AM
On all the online trailers for Assassin's creed 2, I see the content as marked as PG 18, but on my own AC2 box, I see only "15" as age limitation. By any chance, did i received a censored version with all adult stuff cut from it....i hope know because the ladies in AC2 are pretty attractive....i want to see the full version!!

FiskMunk
03-21-2010, 04:18 AM
I lol'd - And there's no censored version. I'm afraid there's no way to see the various women of AC II naked.

caswallawn_2k7
03-21-2010, 04:19 AM
it all depends on where you live and who rated it for your country. AC1 and AC2 in a lot of european countries are 18 as they are rated by PEGI, but in the UK they are rated by the BBFC who rated both games as a 15, it's not about content being cut it's just different rating groups have different methods for deciding the rating, also some countries rate certain things as less of a problem than others.

so the age rating is just dependant on where you live and the rating body who works in your country/area.

npatten
03-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it all depends on where you live and who rated it for your country. AC1 and AC2 in a lot of european countries are 18 as they are rated by PEGI, but in the UK they are rated by the BBFC who rated both games as a 15, it's not about content being cut it's just different rating groups have different methods for deciding the rating, also some countries rate certain things as less of a problem than others.

so the age rating is just dependant on where you live and the rating body who works in your country/area.

Yeah I thought it was something like that...Thanks

Gekkibi
03-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Just curious, why on earth someone put PG 15? Isn't it obvious that this kind of violence is for adults only? Same goes with lots of games nowadays. It is "fun" to listen young kids from 8 to 12 talking about GTA, Splinter Cell, etc.

Assassin's Creed II is PG 18 here in Finland, as it should be...

caswallawn_2k7
03-21-2010, 05:15 AM
actualy AC2 is tame compared to other games, that is why it got a 15 rating, but then I guess if you think it should be a 18 it just shows the difference in perceptions between countries.

drfathertime
03-21-2010, 08:27 AM
I believe 18 restriction was made upon the game because of the language usage where phrases such as "you are mother is a dirty courtesan" and "fsckers!" and so on and so forth, and UBI was kind enough to provide the translation of all the italian cussing as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You also have to remember the Femme Fatale of Forli was quite vicious on her verbal assault http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif TBH I've never encountered any female character going off in the way she did in any games at all.

The violence itself was as Cas said, quite tame indeed. It wasn't like Ezio was walking around and gibbing people right to left with a rocket launcher and limbs flying around.