PDA

View Full Version : IL2FBAEPPF... A Labor of Love and Warfare :)

fuser59
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
IL2... IL2FB... IL2FBAEP... IL2FBAEPPF... And the comming of BOB. If it isn't allready apparent to "some" of the whinners reguarding the upcomming patch 4.0, the series as progressing so far is an undeniable FACT. IMHO, reguardless of the small nich market that those of us who consider ourselves to be Combat Aviation Simulation Enthusiast are, you can bet that our hopes and dreams for the sim. are enjoined by one man and his crew. I speak of it's chief visionary; Oleg Maddox, and his dedicated design team. It is true that he said "Two weeks", but consider the scale of the ongoing project. Could it just be possible that some kind of problem developed that might require more than 2 weeks to fix? Even Oleg Maddox is a mortal like the rest of us. I am not any kind of moderator or anything, I just would like to see post more dedicated to the simulation's development, and more forgiving of problems occuring DURING the development as it is obviously progressing. As far as I'm concerned, I'm TOTALLY hooked, and feel just as impatient as the rest of you, but I also know that Oleg is hooked as well or he would have given this up long ago. I reallllly dont believe his interest in this project is all about the money, even tho I know he needs it as we all do. I believe he has a vision for THIS and the next project BOB. I believe he is wanting to use this project as a "Testbed" for BOB, so lets just let it happen as it needs to happen. Thanks.

ImpStarDuece
04-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Oleg never said 'two weeks' about this patch.

The closest to a hard date for the next patch that we have had was the 'end of the month' at the beginning of March. However, when the decision was made to roll over the 3.05 patch into the 4.0 patch (with all the prospective goodies it seems to promise), we were simply told that it would be released 'soon'. This is just marketing talk for 'hold your horses please, we have a lot of work to do'

My personal assumption is that a decision was made not to release the patch until everything has been thouroughly tested. 1C has got better and better with its beta testing for patches and I am of the opinion that quality is worth the wait.

That said, within the first day of the community getting its hands on the patch, we will of played it more than the beta testers could of. Bugs and flaws will probably come to light. I wouldn't be suprised if 2 or 3 days into 4.0 the whines are stacked up around the forums like 747's in the holding pattern at Narita.

'Two weeks' is a reference to an old IL2 patch, maybe 2.01 (?), that was promised for release in two weeks and took about 2 months or more to show up. I think that 1C:Maddox has learnt their lesson here; patch release dates are kept ambigous at best, otherwise if problems arise then they REALLY have to disappoint the fans who have been hanging out for that particular day.

I too share the feeling that while 1C is a business, IL2 is more than just a product for the development team. Oleg and co are aviation nuts through and trough, history buffs to boot. Throw in the fact that they are probably hopeless game addicts as well and all of a sudden you get a company where it isn't just another prouct but more a work of electronic art in continual progress.

Personally, I haven't mastered the 3.04 FMs yet. I have both 2.04 and 3.04 installed on my laptop and I still find 3.04 less forgiving and easier to stall out on. Methinks i am in for a rough time with the new Fms when and if we get them.

BBB_Hyperion
04-20-2005, 02:21 AM
www.pacific-fighters.com (http://www.pacific-fighters.com) the poll is still running .)

Stanger_361st
04-20-2005, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Oleg never said 'two weeks' about this patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly true.
Official statement was two weeks after release in America of Pacific Fighters for the so called 3rd cd. If I remember correctly of the exact wording.
A lot of us keep forgetting the promised 3rd cd.

ImpStarDuece
04-20-2005, 06:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanger_361st:

Official statement was two weeks after release in America of Pacific Fighters for the so called 3rd cd. If I remember correctly of the exact wording.
A lot of us keep forgetting the promised 3rd cd. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, that wasn't for this patch (3.05 or 4.0, take your pick), that was for some of the content left off the initial release of Pacific Fighters. Some of which HAS indeed been released.

Secondly, I challenge you to find any statement, anywhere, officaial or otherwise, that gives an exact release date for any of the PF patches, or even mentions the phrase 'two weeks'. If you can find that I will gladly retract my statements, but its up to you to provide the proof.

'Two weeks' has been a running joke on the forums for years now. If it was used again in an 'official' statement, most of us would remember it and probably suffer injury from the amount of laughing it would provoke.

MOhz
04-20-2005, 07:32 AM
One thing is for sure: TWO WEEKS.

Over and out.

LEBillfish
04-20-2005, 07:56 AM
*looks skyward* Oh Gawd when will people read what is written not apply to it what they want.....

From the 3.0 readme....
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Attention:
We simply ran out of space on our 2 CDs and had to remove some cockpits for
several flyable aircraft. Free add-on containing these aircraft will be made
available at www.pacific-fighters.com (http://www.pacific-fighters.com) for a free download.
</span>

This enthusiasm about some mythical "3rd" CD stemmed from that only, all I can add to that is
This.... (http://www.geocities.com/k2kellyirie/IL2/******.wav)

I have still not flown 1/2 of the planes in IL2FB, maybe only a 1/3rd in AEP, and 1/4 in PF. Never had time to do a campaign, fly only online maybe 4 hours a day......and am still amazed daily finding new things....

Now to make everyone mad......Personally, I say 1c/Ubi needs to stop giving away all this new stuff all the time, simply give you what was labled on the box..(and yes understand PF was short, inconsequential)....And start charging for all these freebies like PF AEP, AEP2, etc..

Maybe if folks had to pay for it for once they'd appreciate it more......To date I figure I'm down to paying with all we have roughly $0.0005/minute of awesome fun that I have still barely touched on......

Show me a better deal and I'll have my husband buy the company.

Equilizer
04-20-2005, 08:17 AM
3.05 was slated for late February or Mid March, there was a time frame given for it.

The third CD maybe a delusion, but the missing content certainly is not.

To date, we have paid for everything we got in a patch.

With FB, we paid for a new product that included all of the "free" stuff in Il2. With AEP, we paid for all of the "free" stuff that was added to FB. With PF, we paid for all of the "free" stuff that was added to FB+AEP.

Stanger_361st
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Equilizer:
3.05 was slated for late February or Mid March, there was a time frame given for it.

The third CD maybe a delusion, but the missing content certainly is not.

To date, we have paid for everything we got in a patch.

With FB, we paid for a new product that included all of the "free" stuff in Il2. With AEP, we paid for all of the "free" stuff that was added to FB. With PF, we paid for all of the "free" stuff that was added to FB+AEP. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might be misinterpet what you said but I think I paid for a Flyable Betty that was on the box. Did they release that one?

Quote:Secondly, I challenge you to find any statement, anywhere, officaial or otherwise, that gives an exact release date for any of the PF patches, or even mentions the phrase 'two weeks'. If you can find that I will gladly retract my statements, but its up to you to provide the proof. Unquote.

You know that the search is porked on this board.

Equilizer
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
I meant we have paid for everything that was given to us as "free" in patches. AEP had planes from the FB patches in it, so they technically aren't free gifts. PF(standalone) had planes from AEP and FB in it.

As for the Betty, we still haven't gotten that and we paid for it.

Woodstov
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Well for the missing 3rd CD/advertised A/C, I my self was disapointed. But as a whole its the best WW2 prop sim we have (with the best support too), I think its a good thing that we have it in the first place...

carguy_
04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
For me the fun never stops.Haven`t been bored since original IL2.Simply there`s too much content.

Stanger_361st
04-21-2005, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
For me the fun never stops.Haven`t been bored since original IL2.Simply there`s too much content. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with ya. I have had more fun with this game then any other. Oleg has been the best with us. It just seems something is fowl. I am not saying it is Olegs fault. His hands could be be tied. Just think about this. Things were left off of because of only wanting to produce 2 cd's. Fine But why is it taking 6 months to get somethings that was advertised. Flyable Betty.
People would scream bloody murder if a car they purchase advertised a TV and they did not get it. I am just saying it gives me the impression something went wrong.

fuser59
04-22-2005, 07:54 PM
I was doing some research on the forums, and here is a couple of interesting post from Oleg.

Oleg_Maddox
VIP

posted Thu February 24 2005 23:36
Please pay attention.

In my mesage I told that we will have something new in BoB. But in Il-2 series we will not change ammoload for the weapon. No for perhabs and no for possbly...

We have to do a lot of things - new code for the next sim series beginning from BoB (and that alsow ill cover all possible theatres in time).

Say Il-2 series was in development beginning from 1998 (officially started programming the simulater itself, but the work started really earlier). Now is 2005. 2001-2005 - the life of the porduct on the market. I would say very long life for the code that was created before 2001 (that also shows how it was advanced for its time).

Currently we have a lot of other things in development for the PF and FB+AEP+PF.
You may see the post about it on the top of that forum room.
I hope you understand that this work is:
1. To satisfy large amount of users and their hopes to see the planes that was done in additional by third party. We should stop this really long time ago, but we understand that third party did large research and work (I dont count that they was learning technology, etc) and we gave additional time for them to finish what they really can finish till mid of April.
2. Reading that mentioned post, please be sure that the amount of work that we take for ourselves with third party is greater than someone spend for commercial MS add-ons and even for the stand alone sims. So please be patient. We do a lot of work that to please the community even when we haven't already any time for this due to complete re-switch for the new sim-series coding. Better to say we simply respecting the third party developers that did really nice job (I mean these that match our technical specs for modeling )

So we only and maybe will check several 37 mm guns (US/USSR) in code to look for posible bug in whch we are not sure.
Other forces will be directed that to finish with third party models programming, correcting of models, etc and putting them in add-ons in time... Don't expect them all at once.

There is in total:
planes (see list in the mentioned topic + will be even more surprises)
more than 30 new vehicles (in time)

Also we need to solve the problem of release of 1C russin market add-ons and be ready for western market localizations . I don't promise, but it really may happens by one or other way.

Oleg_Maddox
VIP

And the excitement goes on... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif