PDA

View Full Version : Nview, how to look higher

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

Just a question about Nview.

When I climb or I make a hard turn, I would like that my head looks a little bit higher than the default Nview settings.

What settings should I change for making that?

Thanks for the info

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

Just a question about Nview.

When I climb or I make a hard turn, I would like that my head looks a little bit higher than the default Nview settings.

What settings should I change for making that?

Thanks for the info

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 12:23 AM
change this walue in client.ini files:

KJoyViewY=0,09

set it to more + 0,1 or more (0,2, 0,3 ecc..) (step by step found your final good set.. increase one and you have increment too

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 01:48 AM
whoops wrong thread

"The Force is strong with this one." -What an ace said of RayBanJockey during a fight when he was still a newbie.
<a href=http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612109283>news update</a>

Message Edited on 10/14/0308:48PM by RayBanJockey

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the tip, I will try.

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Hi,

You should look at the option panel under Addtional Settings > Speeds:

From the Newview mini setup guide:

Return Speed Factor controls the tendency of the viewpoint to auto-center back to looking straight ahead. This does not counter-act constant stick input. If you are holding the stick to the extreme right, your eyeballs will always look at the extreme right of your view range until you center the joystick. This value controls the strength of auto-view-centering when not challenged by other stick input. It is best to set this value to quite a high number, such as 7.00 or higher, in order to avoid having to manually re-center the view with the "center without return" command on the Buttons > Combinations > Centering controls tab.

ViewPoint Movement Factor combines with the Joystick Movement [View Binding x/y] setting. "Joystick Movement..." controls the range of movement, Viewpoint Movement Factor controls the speed of that movement. Note that setting a very small value in the Joystick Movement [View Binding x/y] section will quite likely prevent you from being able to see the results of a high Viewpoint Movement Factor speed value.

Joystick Movement [View Binding x/y] controls the speed of TrackIR emulation when bound to the primary stick axis. This setting only takes effect when "Bind View to Joystick" is enabled - either by default in the main Additional Settings > Miscellaneous panel, or via a defined keypress in the Buttons > Control menu. If you find that NewView is moving your view too quickly away from center with your normal flight stick movements, set this to a lower number. Be aware that even a setting of 0.10 still produces quite a large range of motion. Setting this to higher numbers such as 10 or 11 means that your view will be able to traverse all the way around in the cockpit as a result of your primary joystick movement. A value that high can prevent you from being able to see where you're going at all, so it's not recommended. If you set this number to a fractional value such as 0.10 the view will still move quite briskly but it will be limited in its motion to about 10 to 20 degrees off-center from the front of the cockpit.

Angle Compensation Factor controls the speed at which the viewpoint movement will slow down when hitting the extreme of the Joystick Movement [View Binding x/y] range value. Although this sounds contradictory, it makes more sense when you see its results. A high value in this section will result in the view movement appear to hit an invisible wall at the end of the allowed off-center-angle when you have your joystick at maximum deflection.

Note that all of these values interact with each other very strongly, and it is recommended that you experiment making changes to each value on its own, test the results, and then adjust to your preference accordingly.

Suggested settings:

Joystick Movement [View Binding x/y]: 0.07
ViewPoint Movement Factor: 6.00
Return Speed Factor: 7.00
Angle Compensation Factor: 3.50
__________________________________________________ _________

Slowly, slowly going through and changing all of the original terms Andrew from SimHQ used in NewView25 to the ones Jetstream100 used when translating NewView26 :>

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Clint,

Very nice explanations. I can see you are still hard at work experimenting with NewView /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )

As far as I can tell, wierd things (reverse movements) may happen if either:

Viewpoint Factor + Angle Compensation > 2
OR
Angle Compensation + Return Speed Factor > 2

Can you send me the latest SETUP guide (or link) to incorporate your great new tips in the HELP file?

Thanks!

Jet

http://www.jg53-pikas.de/IIE.Staffel-large.gif

Message Edited on 10/16/0302:37PM by JetStream100

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Hi Jet,

I've got a lot less spare time lately, but I'll post it up when it's done. It's all split between 2 distinct different versions of the document and the stuff that appears above was assembled from both the current one on my homedir and the new one I'm making [which is why it still talks about the Bind to Joy setting controlling the speed of movement in a couple of sentences :>].

What I have now in its current state would probably only confuse people further, but I'll PM you with the URL for it before it goes up so you can check it for mistakes or put it into a combined package with the .hlp file or whatnot.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)