PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 2 for pc, a most disapointing suprise

cardia1
03-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Hi everyone, i just wanted to express my terrible suprise, when yesterday i was planning to buy assassinīs creed 2 for pc,i went to the store to buy it and saw its requirements, i felt my heart falling to my feet, when i read the following terrrible warning :" Permanet internet connection needed, high-speend net require, save games syncronized online" I mean what the fu.. is this? since when an ubisoft game requires internet connection? as those bloody steam games wereīs already enough, and now even a great game like assassinīs creed decides to take the same unfair politic, i donīt have internet, its expensive, dangerous, and i donīt like to have my games depent of someone elseīs machine or server to run them, and i like to play them for free, without nedding to waste money during the internet connection, so imagine if ubisoft goes out of business, or if i still want to replay assasinīs creed 2 a few years later, do i have to waste money again in net connection to play the game? let me remind you people, that this kind of politic is making alot of people choosing to buy copies instead, they are cheaper, fair , they donīt require net connection, they have a fast installation process, and so if the world colapses around people will be able to run their games in their homes,is this what we want? to increase piracy? certantly not, then for christ sake make the original games as much acessible as possible. sometimes i like to play games when i travel, and how the hell iīm a suppose to play something online while iīm moving from one country to another? I am really sad of this release, and will definetly not buy it, i just hope that Thief 4 wonīt require net connection.
Than Ubisoft fro making this game hardly acessible.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-08-2010, 05:05 AM
this drm is so successful then of course any future games from ubi will have it.

you can thank the russians who spammed the forum for this.
they alone condoned it so well its bound to happen

Dizlol
03-08-2010, 06:24 AM
As long as pirates are unable to play the game, and customers are able to play it, i am fully supporting this DRM, and afaik it has been succesfull.

swn32
03-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
As long as pirates are unable to play the game, and customers are able to play it, i am fully supporting this DRM, and afaik it has been succesfull.

For me its like this. I dont care if pirates get to play or not but ALL customers should be able to play it. If not then the DRM is a failure.

FiskMunk
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure it's been cracked properly now - Look it up.

Abeonis
03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by swn32:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JerfyNL:

For me its like this. I dont care if pirates get to play or not but ALL customers should be able to play it. If not then the DRM is a failure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the game was cracked pretty quickly. So it's only legitimate players who are suffering.

pratyush1990
03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
No game is not cracked.IF this works for at least 1 month then i would say it is a success.Just fix your damn servers and don't give pirates a excuse ubisoft.

FiskMunk
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by pratyush1990:
Just fix your damn servers and don't give pirates a excuse ubisoft.

They already did when they announced the DRM.

Jarudin
03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
As long as pirates are unable to play the game, and customers are able to play it, i am fully supporting this DRM, and afaik it has been succesfull. Successful in the sense that I will never buy a Ubisoft game again? (besided Good and Evil II).

ADEL2142
03-08-2010, 01:14 PM
This is DRM is crap.
I can not comfortably play.
Connection constantly broken, and the preservation disappear.

zgubilici
03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Please use the existing DRM thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801042338/p/21) for all related discussions.

Thanks.