PDA

View Full Version : Will Silent Hunter III work?

Thunderbum03
11-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay. This is a question I've been asking myself for a long time now. Will Silent Hunter III work on these specs?

64mb video card
448mb RAM
1.5GHZ

I've tried Ubi's Pacific Fighters on these specs and luckily the game worked, so I'm asking, will SH III work on these PC specs?

-Thunderbum

tambor198
11-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Thunderbum03:
Okay. This is a question I've been asking myself for a long time now. Will Silent Hunter III work on these specs?

64mb video card
448mb RAM
1.5GHZ

I've tried Ubi's Pacific Fighters on these specs and luckily the game worked, so I'm asking, will SH III work on these PC specs?

-Thunderbum

Welcome to the SH Forums, Thunderbum03.

To answer your question, I would have to say no.

Foehammer-1
11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I agree. Even if you do get it running, you will not be able to do anything at 5 frames per second, worse if near land/port/convoy.

Unfortunately

FIRESTART1985
11-19-2009, 03:42 AM
Well.. I used to play SH3 with AMD Athlon 1.6, 256MB of RAM and video card geforce 4 MX 440 64MB. There were two problems. I couldnt play campaign mode until I increased virtual memory (that solved it and cost me nothing), and I couldnt see water because of geforce MX series video cards doesnt have "pixel shader 1.4". If your video card has pixel shader 1.4 you will see water. So basicly, yes it will probably work. I completed more than 20 patrols with that PC and raided convoys and ports. It just gets laggy when you accelerate time near the convoy at 256 and if there are ships around you get some lag at 1024. It is possible to play.

Thunderbum03
11-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the info Firestart. I had the same problem with PF, couldn't run the campaign and I only had 2D water.

Well thanks for answering my question. All I needed to know whether the game will work, though I plan to upgrade my PC, really want to play Wolves of the Pacific.

Again thanks.

-Thunderbum