PDA

View Full Version : PF and Lock-On

Trailryder
01-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey all,
Is anyone running both PF and Lock-On on their machine? I don't mean as a merged game. I was looking at some movies of Lock-On and I think I'll go buy it. Just wondered if anyone was having any compatibility/conflict issues with the 2 being on the same machine.

Thanks

New_York_Flyer
01-17-2005, 09:14 PM
None whatsoever ;-)

Moses

BaldieJr
01-17-2005, 09:14 PM
No problems here.

Lock-On has its shining moments. If I understood the weapons systems and had a better video card, I'm sure I'd play it more.

Troll2k
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Image that.2 games on the same machine.I wonder if I can install word with my Autocad.

Lewicide
01-17-2005, 09:50 PM
This isn't as strange a question as it initially sounds, I believe there was a compatability problem with having LOMAC and FB on the same machine but it was cleared up with a patch, the first LOMAC patch I believe. I noticed this because I also have LOMAC and picked up the patch, however I haven't installed LOMAC yet because of performance issues with LOMAC and my lower range 5600 card.

Cheers

Longjocks
01-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I would think that possible only if they shared files or registry entries, or if the games somehow alter DirectX or your drivers in a specific way. The file sharing just doesn't happen and the registry thing and the rest is so unlikely (and well beyond even the poorest programming).

Either way, I've had both installed in various incarnations without even a hint of trouble.

Billy_BigBoy
01-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Also have Lo-mac and FB+AEP+FP installed without any problem, although I never play Lo-mac anymore, but that's another story...

falco_cz
01-18-2005, 05:06 AM
Having both on the same machine and ZERO problems here..

Lewicide
01-18-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm sure this showed up in ealy LoMAC forums and I was cautious about this, but either way it seems in it's current incarnation there isn't a problem. Glad to be wrong on this one.

Cheers

Trailryder
01-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks guys,
What Longjocks mentioned is primarily what I was concerned about. So, what does LoMac stand for? I'm guessing Lock-on Military air combat.

Billy_BigBoy
01-18-2005, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trailryder:
Thanks guys,
What Longjocks mentioned is primarily what I was concerned about. So, what does LoMac stand for? I'm guessing Lock-on Military air combat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're so close, but actually it's:
Lock On - <span class="ev_code_RED">Modern</span> Air Combat

So, no props http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

icrash
01-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Trailryder, pm me. I'll send you my copy of LOMAC and save ya some $. My pc wouldn't run it even on lowest settings.

Martial1
01-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been converted!
I never used to play Lockon because it ran pretty pants on my rig. I guess a lot of you guys read PC GAMER mag. They recently ran an artical on building your own rig for 450 ish using your old monitor, keyboard etc. Anyway I built another rig and Lockon flies like the wind. It now looks great and runs smooooth, even on max settings.
New rig:

AMD Athlon 3200XP
1 Gb DDR400 RAM
6800 GT Graphics ( which I had with my old rig)

Old rig was a 2.2 GHz Pentium 4
1 Gb RAM but not 400 MHz ( 233MHz I think, not DDR either )

Old rig with 6800 GT card scored 30.3 with Aquamark3

New rig with same graphics card scores 48.3.

If you guys are real smart, you could upgrade your old rigs for dirt cheap and get massive FPS improvements :0)

I did and boy am I smiling WoooHoo!!

Regards

The Matial