PDA

View Full Version : Teaming up in Wanted

behrskins
12-19-2011, 06:32 PM
It seems that at least one a few members of one clan thinks is OK to team up in Wanted to win matches. When I get a lobby with their 3 letter prefix I immediately leave. I have no desire to play in a solo match where 2 or more players are watching each others back. I tell you how many times I've had a smoke bomb thrown at me while the other player moves in to the kill/stun.

obliviondoll
12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
That's a direct violation of PSN and XBL terms of use.

Still haven't looked up whether it's an issue on PC, but if you're on console, they're worth reporting.

Enough reports and the person/people in question WILL be investigated, and WILL have action taken against them.

If you just avoid them without reporting, nothing will happen.

Zoidberg747
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Just back out of the lobby and avoid them. Reporting will not result in anything, as they are not hacking their systems, so their would be nothing to prove any complaints. Mind PMing me the clan name though, im curious because I may know who it is.

Toki Wartoooth
12-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Wait, what?
Teaming up in FFA modes is against terms of use?

I didn't know that...

Yeah, I would just avoid them. As frustrated as they would make me for doing that, it feels a bit drastic to report them.

Eldest219
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Eh, in FFA, if I actually end up running into someone who's actually skilled, I go head-to-head with them for a couple of games then just avoid them entirely.

Two good people trying to assassinate each other just doesn't work. And when it does work, it's usually a lot of time wasted for very few points.

Sometimes the other person gets the hint and we just kind of stay away from each other and prey on other Templars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

EnglishPhoenix
12-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Are they actually teamed up?

I know from personal experience I enjoy playing Wanted with clan mates, and we definitely don't watch out for each other. In fact, I do plenty to sabotage them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

E-Zekiel
12-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TokiWartoooth:
Wait, what?
Teaming up in FFA modes is against terms of use?

I didn't know that...

Yeah, I would just avoid them. As frustrated as they would make me for doing that, it feels a bit drastic to report them.

I don't think it actually is, but would welcome a quote.

With that said, when playing with friends (depending on if it's sort of a mutual understanding), I tend to kill a civilian if I get them as a target and they're not beating me. Even sometimes if they ARE beating me. If that offends anybody, they obviously take the game way too seriously.

With that said, it if frustrates you...as others have said, just get into a different lobby. If I see something indicative of an annoying lobby, sometimes I'll just leave too.

Drakuaza
12-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Oh boy, there is this Person on PSN that does this exact thing.

This tool of a person ALWAYS plays with certain 2 individuals, who let him KILL THEM for hidden, focus, poison incognito and 2x every time.

This tool of a person was like not even level 20 around 1 week ago, and now this tool is ranked in the top 20 of PSN all time score and average kill score, as well in the top 10 of Wanted.

Anyway, how do I know? I happen to run into these people A lot, and when we both were close and we had the same target, the target was like, Hurry up kill me, the Courtesan is after me as well!(happened before I had the dlc so I always played as her).

And it wasn't just 1 time, it was like 3-4 matches in a row, and I still won at least 3 out of 4 of those.

I ran into the player again multiple times, and the same people letting him kill them. Sure I tried to report him, apparently nothing happened, and few of my PSN friends that play wanted often, have seen this tool do that.

metalgearso1971
12-20-2011, 03:24 AM
I saw this in Deathmatch too. I actually had it happen to me sometime I actually heard a few people tell each other where I was. Or some guy would bash into me to point me out so another could kill me.

I just don't get it people have to resort to tactics like this to win or reach the top rankings. They should be banned for life.

Solly13
12-20-2011, 04:21 AM
I really only tend to play DM but have certainly noticed that when several members of a clan play, there seems to be a remarkable psychic connection between them. That is to say one may be hunting me and his clanmate passes me by and within mere seconds (having previously evaded my pursuer for some considerable time)the pursuer himself is suddenly on the scene.

In one extreme case this happened and to add insult to injury, my escape route was actually blocked by a team mate who must have "accidentally" hit his smoke when noone else was about, this having the "purely coincidental" effect of trapping me. I`m sure it was all just a total coincidence or should I say a series of connected total conicidences ...

As with everything in life there are those who will always take advantage if they possibly can, and there are those who subscribe to the notion that "anything goes". These are invariably the same people who whine the louddest when they feel they have been wronged.

What goes around comes around and in time I`m sure, the fates will catch up with them and deal accordingly. That said a bit of baseball bat massage would certainly help to relieve the frustration at times http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
12-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
PSN: Link to terms of use. (http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/index.htm) Section 7 j.
Taking any action that we consider to be disruptive to the normal flow of chat or other activities This has been applied in the past to people cheating or working together unfairly in online games on PSN.

XBox Live: Link to terms of use. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct) Section B

Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled.
Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore.
Both the above points have been applied to FFA players working together AND to players on opposite teams working together in team games/modes - those tactics are classed both as "cheating" and "unauthorised methods to inflate game rank"

And yes, people HAVE received warnings and suspensions (though not outright bans, as far as I know), on BOTH console networks for such behaviour in the past, so YES, they ARE investigated and taken seriously if enough complaints are received.

LadyGahan2010
12-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Ohh, I might know who you're talking about. I met these guys in ACB, they were a lot on ACB in the last 6-8 weeks before ACR release. But they do come alone too. And there is more than one 3-letter suffix type too. I remember at least two different suffixes. If they come all alone, they do chases and guns. Some nasty clan members (Not AC related, originally), that's all.

metalgearso1971
12-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Well, if their clan is worth anything they would kick them out. But that's just my opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rocketxsurgeon
12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Have you not heard? It's a new mode called team wanted. All the great players are fond of it.

BeCk41
12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by behrskins:
It seems that at least one a few members of one clan thinks is OK to team up in Wanted to win matches. When I get a lobby with their 3 letter prefix I immediately leave. I have no desire to play in a solo match where 2 or more players are watching each others back. I tell you how many times I've had a smoke bomb thrown at me while the other player moves in to the kill/stun.

This teaming up sounds so farmiliar, are you sure their not just goofing around in an open lobby? Also its interesting people are teaming up in Wanted, usually people team up in Assassinate... everything's all topsy turvy now. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/surprised/boggled.gif

Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
Have you not heard? It's a new mode called team wanted. All the great players are fond of it.

TEAM WANTED! Hey, if you can't beat'em join em.
Problem solved. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/highfive.gif

lRushdown
12-20-2011, 08:04 AM
You can report them, but what they're doing is not actually against the ToU for XBL. They are not doing anything unauthorized and are not enabling cheats. Just find a new lobby.

TheMute88ORL
12-20-2011, 09:15 AM
OR bring your gun and taunts so you can poke fun at them for needing a partner to score well in a FFA game.

behrskins
12-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Actually saw one of the players in question on his own in a match this morning. Managed a mere 2500 pts and a 4th place finish.

The_Tabeeb
12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
lol'z http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Originally posted by TokiWartoooth:
You may experience a few side-effects... ALL OF THEM ARE DEATH.

E-Zekiel
12-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
PSN: Link to terms of use. (http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/index.htm) Section 7 j.
Taking any action that we consider to be disruptive to the normal flow of chat or other activities This has been applied in the past to people cheating or working together unfairly in online games on PSN.

XBox Live: Link to terms of use. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct) Section B

Don't cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled.
Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore.
Both the above points have been applied to FFA players working together AND to players on opposite teams working together in team games/modes - those tactics are classed both as "cheating" and "unauthorised methods to inflate game rank"

And yes, people HAVE received warnings and suspensions (though not outright bans, as far as I know), on BOTH console networks for such behaviour in the past, so YES, they ARE investigated and taken seriously if enough complaints are received. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. I'm on PSN, so I guess it'd depend on what you're doing. I don't think me avoiding killing friends counts as disruptive. Now if I was, like what was mentioned in another thread, spamming brutal escapes and trading with people for easy high score boosting...That'd be another thing.

I would say it's a bit of a stretch, but if the person is pressing enough buttons, it's definitely enough to give 'em a swift kick.

Zoidberg747
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I really wish I could tell people who these people are so they get the shame they deserve. <span class="ev_code_RED">GOD</span> I hate boosters.

(Hint Hint)