PDA

View Full Version : Cheating in Assassins Creed?

kevinrthomas
10-19-2008, 05:04 PM
In the Assassins Creed burning of the books level, there is an element of cheating such that if Altair takes out a target without being detected, and runs into a rooftop hiding shed in time, the rooftop hiding shed throws Altair back out once again as if he had been detected. If Altair reenters the hiding shed a second time, it throws Altair back out once again even though Altair still has not been detected, and then the game reinitializes the level. I've had this happen twice in this level, and at various times in other levels as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

kevinrthomas
10-19-2008, 05:04 PM
In the Assassins Creed burning of the books level, there is an element of cheating such that if Altair takes out a target without being detected, and runs into a rooftop hiding shed in time, the rooftop hiding shed throws Altair back out once again as if he had been detected. If Altair reenters the hiding shed a second time, it throws Altair back out once again even though Altair still has not been detected, and then the game reinitializes the level. I've had this happen twice in this level, and at various times in other levels as well. Has anyone else experienced this?

cooldude6681
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Not I, said the Matt. Though, if you were able to take someone out without being detected, why would you run for a hiding spot?

BSoD
10-19-2008, 06:20 PM
*********SPOILER (i think)***************

Did you actually get the right guy? in that level, there are many markers as all the guy is the wearing the same robe. The way to know if you got the real guy is when you hear the town bell toll. If it doesn't, you got the Fake jubair and your suppose to go to the other marker to kill the real one. If you completed all investigation mission, one of them shoudl tell you the distinct difference between him and his men. Good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kevinrthomas
10-19-2008, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
Not I, said the Matt. Though, if you were able to take someone out without being detected, why would you run for a hiding spot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I ran for a hiding spot because all of the blue indicators lit up all over the city even though there was no one chasing me. A hiding spot is the only way to get the blue indicators to reset. And yes, I did get the one of the marked guys with a throwing knife. I just hadn't got the key character that makes the bell toll. In Assassins Creed, Altair's sync bar will increase in one of two ways. The first way that Altair's sync bar increases is when Altair finishes a mission and returns to Masyaf. The second way that Altair's sync bar increases is when Altair has rescued 15 maids or priests that are being jousted by guards. How is it possible to rescue 15 maids or priests when any one mission will only allow you to rescue 7 or 8 at most? Rescue all the maids or priests that you find without doing the mission. Then go to another city and do the same without doing that mission also. Then do it again. Do this as many times as will allow. What you'll find is that after Altair has rescued 15 maids or priests, Altairs sync bar will increase 1 per every 15 rescues. If you have gotten Altair's sync bar to increase by at least 1 through rescues alone using this method, then every rescue beyond this point will light up every blue guard indicator throughout the entire city every time Altair gets into any sort of a fight. The only other time that every blue guard indicator will light up throughout an entire city is when you complete a mission given to you by the bureau and the bell is tolling. Try it and see.