PDA

View Full Version : Curious: Who in 1C designed great Full Misn Builder?

Enforcer572005
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
As it requested in the manual, out of curiousity I checked the credits......was interesting, but I saw no reference for who designed the full MB.

I think this is one of the best features of the sim, and am wondering who designed it. Ive been a msn/cmpn blder for a number of years in such sims as CFS-2 (which has the world's worse MBlder), the EA navy fighters/nato fighters series, WW2 fitghers, UBI panzer commander, and others, and this is the best one ive encountered, even if it may have fewer features than some.At least it works.

just wondering, as I'd like to thank them for their efforts and suggest they get a bonus in their paycheck.

Im also wondering who desined the excellent, though inadequate numbered, ships.

at any rate, the misn blder is my favorite feature of the series.

Enforcer572005
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
As it requested in the manual, out of curiousity I checked the credits......was interesting, but I saw no reference for who designed the full MB.

I think this is one of the best features of the sim, and am wondering who designed it. Ive been a msn/cmpn blder for a number of years in such sims as CFS-2 (which has the world's worse MBlder), the EA navy fighters/nato fighters series, WW2 fitghers, UBI panzer commander, and others, and this is the best one ive encountered, even if it may have fewer features than some.At least it works.

just wondering, as I'd like to thank them for their efforts and suggest they get a bonus in their paycheck.

at any rate, the misn blder is my favorite feature of the series.

VW-IceFire
05-16-2005, 09:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enforcer572005:

at any rate, the misn blder is my favorite feature of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definately....I live for the FMB!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Capt._Tenneal
05-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Great to hear, Enforcer. Are you going to be uploading any of your missions or campaigns soon ? Another thing great about the FMB is that it's just one of the few parts of the game that is "open source" to the fans.

LEXX_Luthor
05-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Mission Builder Rules! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

My first flight sim was olde Su~27 Flaker 1.0 from 1994, and the game starts out in the Mission Editor. The core of any flight sim is the Mission Editor or Builder.

We call it Builder, I prefer to call it Editor. An editor can build and later change things as he/she sees fit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Enforcer572005
05-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I agree that the editor is the heart of any good sim......mig alley had a really limited one and that is one reason it died I think.

Yes, I am gonna upload my creation, which is the complete redoing of the original il-2 vvs fighter cmpn, which is historical based but got a little repetitive.

Im rewriting it completely, got out my books on the eastern front, and am livening things up a bit with more combat on the ground that you can observe with cameras, and effect with your success in the air. Im using more appropriate planes (and vehicles-there werent that many T-34s at the beggining of the war), and fleshing things out a bit, especially the misn briefings.

I was just gonna use different planes at first, then I got a comp that can run FB-gold. man im going wild with this thing....having a great time and learning the MB to.

Im just about done with the moscow mini-cmpn, about to start stalingrad...actually already done it but gotta modify it some more.

I guess I need to find a couple of experienced pilots to test some misns , huh?

I still wanna shake the hand of the guys that designed this thing. True masters of thier trade. Like Ive said before, Im glad the cold war is over; these Ruskie fellas are alot of fun.