PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters - My Prerogative.

AnaalNathrakh
10-20-2004, 01:52 AM
This sim is just the best, ever. Its like a second girlfriend, but with a..propeller.eh..
Im playing the campain, starting with the Wildcat and moving up. The immersion just ownes all. There is no flight-sim with this ammount of work put into it. Stunning! EVERYONE BUY IT! BUY TWO COPIES!, (and MAKE your semi-interested friends play coop w you!)
I was just about to make a list to point out the good things, but i gave up, cos its just to much, would be like counting chinese people..just dont know where to start. But i would like to post some of the things i find annoying and not so good, just to ventilate..or something;
My ONLY beef; ofcourse the sounds. Knowing that the Cessna in FS9 has a cooler sound then the Hellcat just makes me sad.
The new high seat mode; high is ok, but gigantism is not. I cant do anything in that angle..lower it.
That i cant use that sexy water, eventho it would kill my frames id sure like to see good old IL2 look that good. It would be like that girlfriend with new fake-boobies..or something..
Thats ALL i can think of now.

Returning to base.
AN out.

AnaalNathrakh
10-20-2004, 01:52 AM
This sim is just the best, ever. Its like a second girlfriend, but with a..propeller.eh..
Im playing the campain, starting with the Wildcat and moving up. The immersion just ownes all. There is no flight-sim with this ammount of work put into it. Stunning! EVERYONE BUY IT! BUY TWO COPIES!, (and MAKE your semi-interested friends play coop w you!)
I was just about to make a list to point out the good things, but i gave up, cos its just to much, would be like counting chinese people..just dont know where to start. But i would like to post some of the things i find annoying and not so good, just to ventilate..or something;
My ONLY beef; ofcourse the sounds. Knowing that the Cessna in FS9 has a cooler sound then the Hellcat just makes me sad.
The new high seat mode; high is ok, but gigantism is not. I cant do anything in that angle..lower it.
That i cant use that sexy water, eventho it would kill my frames id sure like to see good old IL2 look that good. It would be like that girlfriend with new fake-boobies..or something..
Thats ALL i can think of now.

Returning to base.
AN out.

Bewolf
10-20-2004, 02:18 AM
I have to agree. Immersion is absolutly great.

That may have to do with the vast areas of water, which don't distract so much as the russian, always the same looking areas. over you'd except anything lese then..water.

Aside that, it's just breathtaking to notice your carriergroup beeing attacked. you take off, soon to face 40 or more planes coming your direction out of some clouds. Dogfights are fast paced and due to the jap planes vulnerabilty fast and deadly.

Then to see the jap bombers getting into flak range, puffs of smoke in black and white anywhere, going towards your carrier....man.

I don't say that easily, but this game gave me more immersion then any other I played before, exeption maybe Red Baron 3d.