PDA

View Full Version : 30 weapons

bladencrowd
06-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone could find weapons that could have been used during the AC2 time period. Here is a list of what is sure to be in the game.

Combat in depth. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Soaq7bB_gA)
Shows how the weapons look and their capabilities from 0:30-1:45. All the rest is spoilers. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn1S_-LzYN8)

Axes- capable of breaking spears in half.
Maces
Flanged mace- Damage 3, Speed 3, Deflect 3
Cavalieri mace- Damage 4, Speed 2, Deflect 2
Hammers, Pickhammers, Mauls
Mercenario War Hammer- Damage 1, Speed 1, Deflect 3
Maul- Damage 2, Speed 1, Deflect 2
Longswords and Shortswords
Sword of Altair- Damage 5, Speed 5, Deflect 5
Venetian Falchion- Damage 1, Speed 3, Deflect 1
Florentine Falchion- Damage 2, Speed 3, Deflect 4
Captain's sword- Damage 2, Speed 4, Deflect 3
Milanese sword- Damage 3, Speed 5, Deflect 3
Old Syrian Sword- Damage 1, Speed 2, Deflect 3
Scimitars- Damage 3, Speed 3, Deflect 5
Common Sword- Damage 1, Speed 2, Deflect 2
Schiavona- Damage 4, Speed 5, Deflect 4
Halberds
Special attack- Has a sweep attack that can hit multiple enemies.
Spears
Special attack- Has a sweep attack that can hit multiple enemies.
Daggers and Cleavers
Notched Cinquedea- Damage 5, Speed 5, Deflect 4
Channeled Cinquedea- Damage 3, Speed 3, Deflect 4
Sultan's Knife- Damage 3, Speed 5, Deflect 3
Butcher Knife- Damage 4, Speed 3, Deflect 5
Knife- Damage 1, Speed 2, Deflect 3
Dagger- Damage 1, Speed 1, Deflect 2
Stiletto- Damage 2, Speed 4, Deflect 1
Metal Cestus- Damage 3, Speed 5, Deflect 1
Hidden blade
Hidden gun- Capable of holding 6 bullets, one hit one kill. Accuracy depends on how long you aim for.
Poison blade- Mechanism that allow you to deliver poison to an enemy. The enemy will slowly go into a mad fit and attack everyone around them. Can hold up to 15 poison needles.
Double hidden blade- Two times the fun.
Throwing Knives
Two knives are required to kill someone now. Can hold up to 20 knives. Special attack- Ezio can throw 4-5 knives at once, taking out multiple enemies.
Sand
Stuns guards when thrown.
Smoke bombs
Can hold up to 3 bombs.
Fists
Hand to Hand combat is quite entertaining now. You can now grab enemies and use them as human shields.
Brooms
Can be broken by any other melee weapon.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9610/mixlow.jpg
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/19100/19144/broom_19144_lg.gif

moqqy
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Quarter staff definitely isn't useless against a sword.

Grandmaster_Z
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
spitballs

caswallawn_2k7
06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
also there is alot more than 2 sword types, same as there are sevral differant kinds of axe from throwing axes/hatchets to battle axes. alot of the weapons will be multiple kinds of each weapon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Drakonous505
06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
Quarter staff definitely isn't useless against a sword.

*Points to the Wheel of Time series*
A charactor in that series was able to take on and beat two guys who had swords. If you know how to use a quarter staff it can be quite good against a sword if not better

moqqy
06-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Uhh... perhaps using a fantasy book as evidence doesn't help my argument, so.. what if you argue for the quarter staff in that corner and I argue in this one

bladencrowd
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Drakonous505
Your example just shows that the guy is most likely stronger and more skilled than the other two. I was thinking if two equally skilled people were fighting, the one with the sword would come out on top.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Losk_
06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
What about a Garrote?

Edit: Also there could be some kind of poison dart.

moqqy
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
I was thinking if two equally skilled people were fighting, the one with the sword would come out on top.

No, not quite so. A quarter staff can even be better than a sword in spacey environments. Even against an equally skilled opponent. Swords were, for obvious reasons, better for warfare, though.

MrMoo333
06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
staves, for the most part, were used to keep an enemy at bay, as a defensive weapon and not so much lethal. They were long in length and light weight making them fast to move, you can see how it could be used to simply push away an opponent or disarm, or sometimes knock unconscious but rarely kill someone.

bladencrowd
06-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Moqqy you have a point there, but still a sword is more lethal than a quarterstaff imo.

Drakonous505
06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterstaff

And quoted at the bottom:
"In Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books, one of the heroes, Mat Cauthon, is an expert quarterstaff fighter, once defeating a pair of highly-trained apprentice Warders while recovering from illness. Several other characters, such as Juilin Sandar, are also acquainted to the quarterstaff."

Just cause it's a fantasy series doesn't mean one weapon is weaker then the other, logically if you know how to use a weapon like a quarterstaff you could easily disarm a swordsman if not two... Frankly I'd love to see Ezio using a Quarterstaff to beat on some guards.

bladencrowd
06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Well I did my research....
http://www.historicalweapons.com/otherweapons.html

"Although a simple, commoner weapon, the staff was truly fearsome in the hands of a master, so much so, that Silver felt it was superior to any form of sword."

You guys were right....ugh... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Skaevola
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Someone with practice can kill a man with a minigun using a popsicle stick. You can't use particular people as an argument http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Swords have their ups and downs, staves have their ups and downs. Problem solved!

Drakonous505
06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
A weapon in the hands of a master can be better then any other weapon. Hell if you know how you could kill a guy with a tooth pick >.<

bladencrowd
06-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Master vs Master....

As in master quarterstaff vs master swordsman...

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
War scythe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

That would be kinda creepy to see Ezio with a scythe.

But I'm sure it'd be Grim's favorite weapon.

I hope they don't go overboard with weapon variety. More doesn't always mean better.

Tela
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
War scythe

In almost any other game: YESPLZ

for Assassin's Creed?

...nah. >_> it's not fitting...

Sarcross
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I just have to interject for a second. I think that the Hallberd/Spear idea is amazingly great. Even I can do some cool stuff with one and I"m not trained in any way, so think about what Ezio could do...</span>

Xanatos2007
06-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I just saw the demo, the smoke bomb seems plausible since it was used by the Ninja less than a century afterwards. And Da Vinci was clever, he may have discovered it first. Still not sure about the flying machine though... hopefully there's only one.

ScytheOfGrim
06-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
War scythe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

That would be kinda creepy to see Ezio with a scythe.

But I'm sure it'd be Grim's favorite weapon.

I hope they don't go overboard with weapon variety. More doesn't always mean better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowai.

I don't fancy posers.
Besides, it would be way too small anyway.

Silhouette1991
06-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Moqqy you have a point there, but still a sword is more lethal than a quarterstaff imo.
Maybe he can spank your *** with a quarterstaff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Drakonous505:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterstaff

And quoted at the bottom:
"In Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books, one of the heroes, Mat Cauthon, is an expert quarterstaff fighter, once defeating a pair of highly-trained apprentice Warders while recovering from illness. Several other characters, such as Juilin Sandar, are also acquainted to the quarterstaff."

Just cause it's a fantasy series doesn't mean one weapon is weaker then the other, logically if you know how to use a weapon like a quarterstaff you could easily disarm a swordsman if not two... Frankly I'd love to see Ezio using a Quarterstaff to beat on some guards.

Errr........

Just because it's a fantasy series doesn't mean one weapon is weaker than another...

BUT and a big BUT..

It does not prove ANYTHING. It's FANTASY. They have MAGIC in there, people shooting lightning out of their hands and creating magic portals that teleport you. Should I quote something from Wikipedia to prove that and then use it to argue that yes, indeed, you can shoot lightning from your hands in real life!

obliviondoll
06-09-2009, 03:56 AM
In open spaces, and fighting against small groups, a staff is the superior weapon.

I've been studying swordfighting in a re-enactment club for about 2 years now, and my flatmate/girlfriend is self-trained with a staff, and she routinely beats on me with it.

Staves (like spear-shafts, and axe-handles) are usually made from thick pieces of hardwood, and can survive a good number of blows with any but the sharpest and heaviest of swords. A staff also has, when handled with skill (whether learned or natural), around double the reach of a single-handed sword, and still noticably more than any two-handed sword.

In tight quarters, shortswords are more effective than most weapons, staves included, but a staff is still comparable to a longsword in confined spaces. The longsword has more freedom to move, but the staff has better reach, which can usually be taken advantage of to some extent. Also, the tight spaces reduce the lethality of blows from a bladed weapon, because you can't build or keep momentum as easily as in open space.

A sword has more immediacy to its lethality, but for two people of equivalent skill, the staff will usually be the winner.

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Well that's great, but I don't think AC II is going to go into that much detail with the weapon differences...

obliviondoll
06-09-2009, 04:41 AM
All I needed to do was get the point across that fantasy isn't the only use for staff vs. sword.

moqqy
06-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Indeed, and no-one was claiming that. I was just pointing it out that fantasy is no proof what-so-ever.

DearDirty
06-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Fantasy = fiction.

Done.

I hope that the game doesn't get too into varients of the same type of weapon. I'd prefer some interesting things. I don't think it hugely matters anyway in a game like AC. When it comes down to it you only need a hidden blade.

KZarr
06-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Bow

Bow's are used by the enemy so there's a big chance we will be able to use it too.

revoltingbunny
06-09-2009, 06:15 AM
I'd like to shoot a squeaky voiced guard in the throat... then that guards apple wouldn't exsist.

bladencrowd
06-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Well the Bow would pretty much be a one time thing...you can't parade around a city with some persons bow, and it you cant climb a buildings either. But there's 30 weapons in the game so there's a chance you could use it.

bokeef04
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
In open spaces, and fighting against small groups, a staff is the superior weapon.

I've been studying swordfighting in a re-enactment club for about 2 years now, and my flatmate/girlfriend is self-trained with a staff, and she routinely beats on me with it.

Staves (like spear-shafts, and axe-handles) are usually made from thick pieces of hardwood, and can survive a good number of blows with any but the sharpest and heaviest of swords. A staff also has, when handled with skill (whether learned or natural), around double the reach of a single-handed sword, and still noticably more than any two-handed sword.

In tight quarters, shortswords are more effective than most weapons, staves included, but a staff is still comparable to a longsword in confined spaces. The longsword has more freedom to move, but the staff has better reach, which can usually be taken advantage of to some extent. Also, the tight spaces reduce the lethality of blows from a bladed weapon, because you can't build or keep momentum as easily as in open space.

A sword has more immediacy to its lethality, but for two people of equivalent skill, the staff will usually be the winner.

what style of swordfighting?

A swordsman could quite easily defeat someone using a staff by stepping inside the effect range of the weapon, also a katana requires only a pound of pressure to cut so when you add a push cut into the equation you can easily fatally wound or atleast incapacitate an opponent.

bladencrowd
06-09-2009, 08:16 AM
What i want to know is will a quarterstaff win in a fight to the death against a sword.

ScytheOfGrim
06-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by DearDirty:
Fantasy = fiction.

Done.

I hope that the game doesn't get too into varients of the same type of weapon. I'd prefer some interesting things. I don't think it hugely matters anyway in a game like AC. When it comes down to it you only need a hidden blade.

I'm going to be the skeptic and use math to answer that.

From what I see, you'll probably have at least one type of sword unique to each city, plus the chance of the Kingdom-like area in the middle having its own variation.
The same can be said about the daggers, maces, hammers, axes, spears and halberds.

Let's go for the smaller possibility, which means a total of three variations for each weapon.

That's an easy twenty one weapons for you right there, not including Ezio's unique weapons and the possibility of Ubi considering longswords and rapiers as their whole one category.

Also, there's the chance that Templars may have their own special-looking weapons.

I want to know if this '30 weapons' thing is inclusive of the six that you can get from the PSP game...

moqqy
06-09-2009, 09:22 AM
What i want to know is will a quarterstaff win in a fight to the death against a sword.

And next you're gonna ask who would in in a fight, a guy who did karate or a guy who did ju-jutsu.

Point being: it depends on the skill of the two guys, the environment, the mood they're in, what they ate for breakfast, et cetera et cetera.. you can't answer a question like that. Be happy with the answer you've had: a quarter staff user can fight evenly with someone using a sword.

And Scythe, it's 30 different weapons for everyone +6 (36) for the owners of the PSP game.

bladencrowd
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
whatever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif ...I gonna try to find more possible weapons.

bladencrowd
06-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Another weapon. The cleaver.

obliviondoll
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
If the quarterstaff fighter can keep distance, they'll be able to disarm and/or incapacitate the swordsman. And a properly wielded quarterstaff can shatter a person's skull with the right strike (I know of several ways, but couldn't pull them off on a moving target).

And like I'd mentioned previously, "the sword has more immediacy to its lethality." That's an obvious reference to the cutting edge of a blade. Almost every hit with a sword will injure an opponent, even glancing blows will have a good chance of cutting someone without armour, but the staff still has a better advantage with range.

Pressure cutting works on flesh, but not so much on hardwood, even with most Katana. An expertly-crafted one is a different story, but then you're getting into weapon-quality comparisons too. High-quality Naginata often had what amounts to armour near the head and grip, which reinforced them and prevented the weapon being cut by a particularly sharp sword.

So, to sum up, equal skill, equal quality weapons, and in open space (not crowded or confined), the staff will usually win. In large numbers or confined spaces, range control becomes harder, confined spaces usually, but not always, work in favour of the shorter range, and crowds always favour shorter swords.

In response to questions about me, I'm in a club which does Western-European single-sword (basics work for anything one handed and larger than a dagger), spear, and weapon + shield training. The sword style is modified for re-enactment fighting from one that was common in the dark ages, but we're usually given demonstrations of the changes made (mostly aiming for shoulders instead of head or neck). There are a several senior members who are training with two-handed swords, and dual-wielding, and I've been given a few lessons with sword and dagger (but prefer sword and shield). I also have a friend I've been helping off and on with his Kendo training for the past year, but mostly as target practise.

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 01:39 AM
in any fight between two equally skilled opponents it comes down to chance and luck, it depends who had the best luck and just happened to do the right things on the day to win

why will a staff necessarily win in an open space? are you saying the swordsman is slow or unable to move to avoid the weapon? that would be like saying a boxer with superior reach will always win the fight

DearDirty
06-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DearDirty:
Fantasy = fiction.

Done.

I'm going to be the skeptic and use math to answer that.

From what I see, you'll probably have at least one type of sword unique to each city, plus the chance of the Kingdom-like area in the middle having its own variation.
The same can be said about the daggers, maces, hammers, axes, spears and halberds.

Let's go for the smaller possibility, which means a total of three variations for each weapon.

That's an easy twenty one weapons for you right there, not including Ezio's unique weapons and the possibility of Ubi considering longswords and rapiers as their whole one category.

Also, there's the chance that Templars may have their own special-looking weapons.

I want to know if this '30 weapons' thing is inclusive of the six that you can get from the PSP game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See thats not too bad for me. The point where they start saying there are 4 different swords which can be made of 4 different materials and there are 7 different fighting styles you can employ plus different gloves you can wear for different types of control. That would be too much.

Maybe in Tuscany you can pick up a pitchfork or something. That'd be fun.

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 03:37 AM
you've found one of the other weapons, Ezio is said to be a ladies man, so a farmer will use his pitchfork to chase you

DearDirty
06-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Oh yeah, hes a lady's man (is it Lady's man or Ladies Man?), that should lead to a few interesting weapons in itself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
got another. The Glaive.

obliviondoll
06-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
why will a staff necessarily win in an open space? are you saying the swordsman is slow or unable to move to avoid the weapon? that would be like saying a boxer with superior reach will always win the fight
Not quite. A staff vs. a sword in open space with equally skilled and equipped opponents, the staff will USUALLY win. As in more often than not. For the swordsman to hurt the guy with the staff, he has to be able to reach him with the blade. To do that in an open space, he needs to pass through his opponent's preferred combat range, which usually results in his opponent hitting him. Even if he blocks or dodges effectively, a decent opponent will be able to use the attack to keep distance, and the swordsman has to try and get close again.

The boxing example isn't the best, because it's more about skill, or luck if skill is equal. Mainly because of the confinement imposed by the ring. Fighting in a ring is an enclosed space. You have to be careful backing up in a boxing ring, or you end up cornered. If you moved the fight to a football field, and still started them a few steps from one another in the centre, then yes, the guy with better reach WOULD win more often than not against someone of equal skill.

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
another one. The Katzbalger (type of sword).

obliviondoll
06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I like you Glaive suggestion, Bladencrowd. That would be awesome to see in action. I hope there's some lunatic Scotsman with a claymore you can steal too. Or just a decent excuse to have a few in-game.

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
And another. Horseman's axe.

obliviondoll
06-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Mounted combat? Please yes.

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Another. Hand and half sword.

loveboof
06-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Surely a staff is only a semi-lethal weapon, so in an equally skilled fight (to the death) a person with a sword has an advantage despite its comparative lack of range.

In terms of what weapons will be available, if the game designers have decided to make that flying machine 'workable', there could be a lot more theoretical weapons from that time period making an appearance. It could be worth while to take a look at some other da vinci plans http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(It would be a shame if there was no bow given the fact you can now disarm people)

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 11:49 AM
another one. ROCKS> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

nox_umbra
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Changing the subject, does anybody know whether or not you can keep the weapons picked up or taken from the enemies, or if you just drop them when you exit or end the fight?

I hope you can keep the picked up weapons and drop them when you want, and the disarm move to be volantary, so you dont have to pick a weapon you don't want to use.

Losk_
06-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by nox_umbra:
Changing the subject, does anybody know whether or not you can keep the weapons picked up or taken from the enemies, or if you just drop them when you exit or end the fight?

I hope you can keep the picked up weapons and drop them when you want, and the disarm move to be volantary, so you dont have to pick a weapon you don't want to use.

I think the disarm move is like counter attack with barehands, im just speculating but that makes the most sense. I hope we can still counter attack with hidden blades too.

Nobody seems to know if you get to keep the weapons or not, if you do get to keep them then every demo they chose to drop the weapons immediately after the battle was over.

Seems like its really easy to get disarmed weapons stuck in your enemies too after a killing blow, so regardless of if we keep them or not I think we will cycle through them rapidly.

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I think you can keep them as long as you like, you just can climb with them.

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 02:12 PM
another one. Cinquedea

moqqy
06-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Soo.. why are you posting weapon names?

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm trying to find more possible weapons...

THERE'S NO F*CKING WAY THERE'S 30! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

moqqy
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Uh, that's all you could seriously find? There's a looooooooooot of weapons and with just a bit of research you could find hundreds of different ones.

bladencrowd
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
arquebus-type of gun

godsmack_darius
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
NUNCHAKUE hehe
No but really, maybe even a spear?
If not maybe a BIG HAMMER or mace

Sarcross
06-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nox_umbra:

I think the disarm move is like counter attack with barehands, im just speculating but that makes the most sense. I hope we can still counter attack with hidden blades too.

Nobody seems to know if you get to keep the weapons or not, if you do get to keep them then every demo they chose to drop the weapons immediately after the battle was over.

Seems like its really easy to get disarmed weapons stuck in your enemies too after a killing blow, so regardless of if we keep them or not I think we will cycle through them rapidly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Well I think I recall in a video someone saying you can buy and upgrade your weapons, although mainly I know it'll be your hidden blades and smoke bombs, things of that sort. Seems like you lose your weapons in enemies a lot, but they could be "storage" wink wink nudge nudge.</span> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

the amolang
06-11-2009, 12:18 AM
i think its really cool they are adding in so many weapons... but i hope we will be able to hold a weapon of our choice for as long as possible. cause i want to keep a sword, not drop them all the time when the battle is finished

bladencrowd
06-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I think you will be able to have a sword as a primary weapon later in the game.

Losk_
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
from joystiq.com (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/):

We're working on the gun mechanics right now in Montreal. I cannot go into too detail because we are not pleased with what we have right now. Basically, the gun is replacing the throwing knives.

In the first game you could throw some throwing knives and you would kill with one shot. This time it's the gun that would kill with one shot but it takes more time to reload and you have to buy bullets and things like that, because we have an economic system this time around.

But the reticle, it's not about aiming. We're having fun with some concepts in Montreal about how to make that gun more fun than only marking off someone and shooting. You'll see. You'll see.

Pretty interesting, so is the rest of their interview. I think im going to miss my throwing knives :b

bladencrowd
06-11-2009, 03:37 PM
First: I think you have throwing knives until later in the game.
Second: You can buy bullets!? Won't that mean enemies have guns as well?!. Or maybe Da Vinci makes them for you only.

godsmack_darius
06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I like the idea of lots of weapons, Just not the money idea and weapon upgrades, coz once you have full upgrades, and like billions of money, it just gets easy
lets just hope AC2 can pull it off I have hope that they will

bladencrowd
06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Same. I hope money is a complete ***** to get. I don't want the best weapon in the game after 1 hour of gameplay.

bladencrowd
06-11-2009, 08:22 PM
well i got a good 30 weapons on the post now.

the amolang
06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
i don't know if i like it that there will be a gun instead of the knives. i like knives. a gun seems to easy and boring. knives were cool and unique. maybe we can have both?

bladencrowd
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Do you mean both at same time or that you'll use throwing knives until you upgrade.

SWJS
06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Do you mean both at same time or that you'll use throwing knives until you upgrade. I think the latter.

the amolang
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Do you mean both at same time or that you'll use throwing knives until you upgrade.

i don't know. the gun could be an upgrade i guess...

Losk_
06-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Well, if there are throwing knives in the game I very much doubt that they're going to be the same as in AC1.

We know that the gun is going to be the new one hit kill ranged weapon, and its going to have a reload time so no more rapid fire like we had with the knives.

I can see two probable scenarios:
No throwing knives at all
Throwing knives only do limited damage and take more than one hit to kill. Otherwise the gun would seem like a downgrade.

bladencrowd
06-12-2009, 06:56 AM
well I still hope you can use a bow and crossbow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif...

Sypron
06-12-2009, 07:23 AM
If you look at the figurine for Ezio's 'Master Assassin' outfit, you can clearly see 15 throwing knives (10 on the belt, 5 on the shoulder). I think the player will be given the ability to choose between them, throwing knives being silent and the gun have a greater ammo capacity (you can probably carry more than 15 spare bullets).

Ofcouse, there is a possibility that the Figuring is not accurate, and based on an earlier version of Ezio (like early versions of altair had a quiver).

Regarding this whole "30 weapons" thing. I really, really don't think there will be that many unique weapon types. There are probably a handful of new weapon types, and 30 unique weapon models spread between them. Like, AC1 had 1 Sword but there was about 4 version of it, so you could say AC1 had 4 swords. I think thats why Patrice said AC2 has 30 weapons.
In this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-oyRRUeB6A) at 2:17, the man says
"we have 4 new enemy types, [and] 4 new weapons availible at the assassin's displosal"
Off the top of my head, those would include the pike and the axe. I don't know if you would include smoke bombs and the gun here, but I think not. So, 2 more NEW unique weapon types that we don't know about yet (or I havn't seen).

Even if the game has pikes, spears and halbeards, they will all just be different models of the same weapon 'type'. The exception to this is the 'unique special move' patrice mentioned. I think its quite feasible that there are 30 unique special moves, but not 30 unique weapon 'types'.

Stormpen
06-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't think he'll have a crossbow, coz he's got the Hidden Pistol, which is more, well, hidden. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As for storage, I think he'll be able to keep CERTIAN weapons, (swords) but not others (axe, pike. I mean, where would he keep them??*)

*without becoming un-subtle, as Malik would have said. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bladencrowd
06-12-2009, 04:18 PM
true

bladencrowd
06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
I 100% sure you'll get the sword as a weapon to use all the time at some point during the game. Every other weapon would make Ezio a dead give-away.

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 08:52 AM
First: I think you have throwing knives until later in the game.
Second: You can buy bullets!? Won't that mean enemies have guns as well?!. Or maybe Da Vinci makes them for you only.

Well we know that you can buy upgrades and stuff from Da Vinci... so you'll obviously get the bullets from him seeing there aren't any firearms that the guards use as far as we know.

bladencrowd
06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah i remember an interview with patrice were he said Leonardo likes to be paid.

MrNussbaum
06-13-2009, 09:02 AM

I think you're probably right and I'm sure we'll still be able to counter with hidden blades. If you remember in AC1 you had to select your weapon and bare hands were one of the choices. In AC1 countering with your bare hands would do nothing, I'm sure now it will just disarm.

bladencrowd
06-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Using your bare hands was pretty useless except for interrogations.

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 03:47 PM
they said in AC2 hand to hand would be alot more important and usefull (part of the reason he doesnt carry his own weapons)

moqqy
06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
And it's very clear it's a main part of the game as even in the trailer the only fighting Ezio does is with his hands (borrowing a weapon momentarily, though).

Sypron
06-13-2009, 06:50 PM
And it's very clear it's a main part of the game as even in the trailer the only fighting Ezio does is with his hands (borrowing a weapon momentarily, though).

Then why is he always carrying a sword with him?
Its probably just a valid option, players can now choose either to use static weapons or to disarm enemies.
Ah the variety, how I yearn for thee.

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I think you get the sword LATER in the game... but still... it is fun to disarm.

caswallawn_2k7
06-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Sypron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

Then why is he always carrying a sword with him?
Its probably just a valid option, players can now choose either to use static weapons or to disarm enemies.
Ah the variety, how I yearn for thee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
noble men in the time the game is set would carry a sword, so it basicaly just compleats his apearance. he would stand out more if he didnt have it.

moqqy
06-14-2009, 06:42 AM
And he doesn't always carry a sword. In one of the pre-E3 interviews (I think it was pre-E3) they say that you will/can play through majority of the game with just your hidden blades with you. PLUS in the developer E3 walkthrough they say Ezio is an assassin before being a warrior(doesn't really make sense though, eh) so that's why he's so good in h2h.

SWJS
06-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I think that what cas was getting at moqqy is that the sword comes with the costume. Although it would suck if the sword turned out to be that bloody crossbow from the first game. Only this time Ezio will actually have it on him.

To be honest, he'd better be able to use the bloody thing because if I continue to see it on him and I can't select it, it'll become very annoying.

Oh dear, now I'VE gone and found something trivial to nitpick at. *sigh*

bladencrowd
06-14-2009, 11:04 AM
The sword is bought or stolen ...right?

moqqy
06-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I think that what cas was getting at moqqy is that the sword comes with the costume. Although it would suck if the sword turned out to be that bloody crossbow from the first game. Only this time Ezio will actually have it on him.

To be honest, he'd better be able to use the bloody thing because if I continue to see it on him and I can't select it, it'll become very annoying.

What? Part of the costume? Definitely not. That'd make no sense whatsoever just to have it be there because it "looks cool".

SWJS
06-14-2009, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

What? Part of the costume? Definitely not. That'd make no sense whatsoever just to have it be there because it "looks cool". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It has nothing to do with looking cool. Many nobles in that time wore a sword at their side. In fact, it was very common for a noble to carry a sword. Ezio's sword makes him look more like a noble, and completes his outfit. It COULD be just a part of the costume, but it could also be accessable. The only way we can tell is to wait for more information from Ubisoft.

moqqy
06-14-2009, 01:53 PM
I think it's quite a stretch to say it's just a part of the costume. Of course, it could be, but common sense would say it's not.

bladencrowd
06-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I think it's quite a stretch to say it's just a part of the costume. Of course, it could be, but common sense would say it's not.

Absolutley.

UbersoftLol
06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Hmm... The only 3 things I could think of besides the ones on the main list Bladencrowd put up would be the (Posion) Dart, the Scimitar and the Claymore.

I'm not sure if they had or used Scimitars back in Venice 1476, but it would be cool ingame...I doubt Ezio could fight with a claymore though...

Edit: Yeah and what about dual wield? you could be using dual daggers dual swords too!

obliviondoll
06-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by UbersoftLol:
Edit: Yeah and what about duel wield? you could be using duel daggers duel swords too!

Just to confirm, you mean dual, not duel, right? dual means 2 - duel means a one-on-one fight with rules.

Back on topic (kind of) though... The thing about Ezio carrying a sword, MOST of the nobility of that era carried swords. Many of them were very ornate, and the more ornate ones were often very blunt, intended as decoration more than weaponry. I wouldn't be surprised if Ezio has one of these early on just to fit in, but is later able to upgrade it to a "real" sword if the player chooses.

Not saying it will happen that way, just that it's possible.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Claymore was suggested on page 3, so there's only 2 weapons you came up with that weren't already listed.

UbersoftLol
06-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Haha sorry, I'm quite a bad speller, i should have addressed that I didn't read the previous posts too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

bladencrowd
06-15-2009, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UbersoftLol:
Edit: Yeah and what about duel wield? you could be using duel daggers duel swords too!

Just to confirm, you mean dual, not duel, right? dual means 2 - duel means a one-on-one fight with rules.

Back on topic (kind of) though... The thing about Ezio carrying a sword, MOST of the nobility of that era carried swords. Many of them were very ornate, and the more ornate ones were often very blunt, intended as decoration more than weaponry. I wouldn't be surprised if Ezio has one of these early on just to fit in, but is later able to upgrade it to a "real" sword if the player chooses.

Not saying it will happen that way, just that it's possible.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Claymore was suggested on page 3, so there's only 2 weapons you came up with that weren't already listed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the claymore is from Scotland and used in Britain solely.

bladencrowd
06-20-2009, 11:18 AM
another one. Jiujiebian (thanks to brickhead119)

Silhouette1991
06-21-2009, 07:15 AM
If I saw it right,Ezio had a sword in the E3 demo,right?So there should be a sword that would allow you counters like in AC1.

Losk_
06-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Silhouette1991:
If I saw it right,Ezio had a sword in the E3 demo,right?So there should be a sword that would allow you counters like in AC1.

Yeah, but your sword may be insufficient to counter kill some enemies in this game. You can disarm a big axe or polearm to kill the heavy class of guards. (according to the combat designer, i think the interview is linked in the sticky video thread)

obliviondoll
06-21-2009, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silhouette1991:

Yeah, but your sword may be insufficient to counter kill some enemies in this game. You can disarm a big axe or polearm to kill the heavy class of guards. (according to the combat designer, i think the interview is linked in the sticky video thread) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your sword often fails to counter KILL a lot of enemies in AC1. Counters are often non-lethal, especially late-game.

Losk_
06-21-2009, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silhouette1991:

Yeah, but your sword may be insufficient to counter kill some enemies in this game. You can disarm a big axe or polearm to kill the heavy class of guards. (according to the combat designer, i think the interview is linked in the sticky video thread) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your sword often fails to counter KILL a lot of enemies in AC1. Counters are often non-lethal, especially late-game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but my take from the interview is that it will be even less effective. in AC1 you always at least get a knockdown out of it and its pretty easy to kill a dude on the ground.

I am expecting that your counter will be parried or blocked unless you get one of the heavy hitting weapons.

Dljman
06-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Honestly, yes to make the game more challenging the counter weapons should have lesser effects on harder targets.
Yet that's why in AC1 you had the option of a short sword and a sword, short sword is meant for faster attacking/guarding or countering, then the sword is meant for stronger attacks, to allow guard break and such.
In the E3 demo which i believe there's clips or whole vids of about 3 plays of it, everytime the player disarms the axe to kill the heavy armored enemy.
maybe you can only kill them with an alternate weapon, but when he pulled the polearm holding guard into the hay stack is half proof he can kill using one of his own weapons.
Yes it's a surprise attack, but it should still be considered in my opinion.
Another point in one of the demos you can sometimes do a counter where you do not remove the weapon, loosing it. This can also suggest you are capable of killing them without a different weapon, else you may have to run if you do something wrong.
I also think if a weapon is lying on the floor can it be picked up or is it a disarm only and one use system?

bladencrowd
06-21-2009, 03:53 PM
There alot more than 3 combat vids, check the vid thread.

Dljman
06-22-2009, 02:24 PM
im talking about gameplay not the Cinematic trailers which most the time have faults and false leads.
Even looking at the video thread i've only seen 3 videos showing gameplay using disarm so far and as i said "about 3 plays" being unsure as i was i made sure i didn't make it seem like i was saying it as a fact..
Does this help you understand?

bladencrowd
06-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I said combat vids not cinematic trailers....
anyways all the vids show the same scenario, so Ezio has to disarm to kill his oppenents. And there are more than 3 different videos that show combat.

obliviondoll
06-23-2009, 05:18 AM
I think there's probably not more than 4 DIFFERENT videos.

There's definitely only one scenario played out in the gameplay, and I'm sure I've seen AT LEAST three different ways for the combat sequence to play out, but I'm not sure there's more than that.

And I'm also sure I saw one video where he stole a halberd, and killed the first of the axe guards with it on a counter BEFORE killing the guy he stole it from (at which point he left it stuck in the guy) before disarming and killing the final guard.

I could be wrong, it's been a while. I'll check again and add the link here if I find it.

EDIT: I was wrong. There wasn't one shot of the axe guy dying to anything but an axe. Also, I think bladencrowd's right. I've found five different versions of the fight scene after watching very video I could load (a couple appear to be region locked or think that 26 is less than 18. One thought that 80 was less than 18 too, when I clicked in the wrong place)

bladencrowd
06-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Theres one when he took the axe guy out first, then countered the sword guy with it, dropped it, then disarmed and killed the halebard. 5 videos of gameplay.

dogmeat_287
06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Many times in gmaes they will talk about how many different weapons there are... but tehy are sometimes the smallest things like your fists! And also they sometimes count weapons that the player cannot use ( Rooftop guards in AC1 with a bow) so there might only be 15-20 weapons you can actually use and are actually a weapon (like the fist example)

agentpoop
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I think the bomb is possible and it would be nice to have but very in very limited supply. and i think there are 30 weapons but they will be the same thing just they will look different. like 3 types of spears are part of the 30 etc

SLB_2009
10-17-2009, 02:58 PM
ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

But now that this thread has been brought to live again, bladencrowd can add the broom as a weapon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GkrewZ
10-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I read sometime today on a gaming site where they got some hands on time that after he disarmed a heavy and killed him with his axe that he killed some other guards with it so aparently u can hold onto the weapons but he also said that Ezio dropped it once he went to start climbing a building.

Xanatos2007
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Content Removed, spam posting is not permitted on the boards</span>

Stix453
10-17-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm going to dedicate my time to finish this game using only dirt as a weapon.

Justin-x
10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Dirt lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

See, thats what I'm going to do in AC2, I'm only going to get the hidden upgrades and then use the world around me as a weapon. I hope you can use your collar string to strangle people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Kartten
10-18-2009, 07:21 AM
they should totally put like a dirt acheivement or something

bladencrowd
10-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Damn this thread is old http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif ...

kingbren08
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
broom?

davethepaveway
10-20-2009, 10:57 AM
broom all the way ... may we sweep corruption from under their very feet and brush away their tainted past and bristle on the brink of death and handle the consequences ... YEAH! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Cpt_Yanni
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
But it's not that good the broom ^^ I played with it @ FACTS and it's dead way to easy :P ... But it's cool to hit people with

desonnac0
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Wicked awesome weapons. Can't wait to play...

brisinger228
10-20-2009, 12:27 PM
i think it will be cool if there was ninja star

thekyle0
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
In Italy? That definately would kill the immersion.

Cornik22
10-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Im not sure if this is the purpose of this thread (sorry if Im wrong), but after rewatching the AC2 videos I think that I have those 30 weapons we will see in the game. These are the one that Ive found:

- 3 hidden blades (single, double and poison)
- 1 hidden gun
- 3 knives
- 3 daggers
- 3 axes
- 3 spears
- 9 swords
- 4 warhammers
- 1 bow and arrows

That makes 30 weapons. And if you dont count the bow (because you cant use it), you could count smoke grenades as a weapon. And of course Im not counting the broom, but maybe I should http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. I have ingame pictures of all, just in case anyone is interested.

Sparta955
10-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Can we use said Bow and arrow?

Cornik22
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
As I said, no you cant. But Im gonna give a good use to that broom as soon as possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Sparta955
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Im sorry I didn't read the very end, thought it was a signature.

My bad.

Cornik22
10-20-2009, 05:31 PM
No problem, but... this is getting weird. Once I reached the number 30 I thought I had all of them, but no. After taking a look at the pictures now I have 5 different daggers instead of 3?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif It looks like there is gonna be more than 30. Around 35, Id say.

Sparta955
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Yayyyy!!!!

Iskander_Estel
10-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
No problem, but... this is getting weird. Once I reached the number 30 I thought I had all of them, but no. After taking a look at the pictures now I have 5 different daggers instead of 3?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif It looks like there is gonna be more than 30. Around 35, Id say.

i think there's going to be way to much more weapons...

Cornik22
10-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Unless they are "hiding" some new weapons, thats all.

brisinger228
10-21-2009, 01:21 PM
do u know if theres a bow in the game becaus i think that being able 2 kill peeple from along distance would be awesome

thekyle0
10-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't think it has been confirmed, but I guess it's possible Ezio could use a bow. Personally, I doubt it. But there will still be throwing knives and later in the game Ezio will get the hidden gun. So killing from a distance is certainly an option without a bow.

Ezio_475
10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Well do keep in mind there may be more weapons or it may just be gadgets, because theres the rewards for collecting all 100 feathers or by getting all the treasures in the secret locations.

Cornik22
10-21-2009, 01:58 PM
1- Yes, there are bows and arrows in the game
2- No, you can't use them. Only the archers can.
3- You can still kill people from a long distance using the throwing knives or the hidden gun.

NuclearFuss
10-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I think it would be cool if they had an A.C.E.S system like RS:V2, where depending on how play, that decides what weapons you unlock. So if you like stabbing people from behind you get more stealthy weapons and upgrades, or if you're more brutal then you get swords and stuff.

edbeano
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Also there's going to be extra weapons from Assassin's Creed Bloodlines when you link it up with the PS3. Dont know if it'll be exclusive to the 'sony' side of AC2...

bladencrowd
10-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Added new weapons from Dev dairy 5.

com199
10-22-2009, 06:08 PM
1. When you disarm enemies the weapons you take are tempoary. you lose them if you free run, beat all your enemies, or they get stuck
2 the weapons you BUY, NOT TAKE probably won't get stuck. and you won't drop them.
3. the hidden GUN is a one hit, one kill deal. but you might miss. depending on how long you aim for.
4 you have throwing knives, 2 hits 1 kill
5you most likely have 15 knives.
6 you FOR SURE have 6 BULLETS

thekyle0
10-22-2009, 06:56 PM
We don't know what the limit is on how many bullets or knives Ezio can carry. You can buy extra puches from tailors to increase the maximum capacity, but how many pouches you can buy hasn't been announced.

bladencrowd
10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Added all new info.

CaptainP00face
10-23-2009, 08:55 AM
A broom, really? Lol sweet..

Think the hidden gun is going to be my favorite!

guipit
10-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by com199:
1. When you disarm enemies the weapons you take are tempoary. you lose them if you free run, beat all your enemies, or they get stuck
2 the weapons you BUY, NOT TAKE probably won't get stuck. and you won't drop them.
3. the hidden GUN is a one hit, one kill deal. but you might miss. depending on how long you aim for.

every weapon you steal from an enemy is temporary? even that small weapons like daggers and swords?

SBRedFlag
10-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by guipit:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by com199:

every weapon you steal from an enemy is temporary? even that small weapons like daggers and swords? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, what would Ezio want with a common guard's sword or daggerwhen he could get his own badass swords (or daggers) as an heirloom or from a blacksmith?

bladencrowd
10-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Sand throwing confirmed. http://www.ps3trophies.org/gam...s-creed-ii/trophies/ (http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/assassins-creed-ii/trophies/)

New sweep move for long weapons confirmed as well.

TheEpicWolf
10-25-2009, 07:41 AM
It's gonna be fun running around hitting guards and citizens with a broom http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

z0nnebril
10-25-2009, 08:51 AM
where did they confirmed that you can have a broom as a weapon? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by z0nnebril:
where did they confirmed that you can have a broom as a weapon? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

at an event (cant remember which one)

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 09:12 AM
It was F.A.C.T.S.

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
It was F.A.C.T.S.

Thanks. I couldn't remember for the life of me which one it was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PSH_Nagisa
10-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi all, I'm new at posting to the forums but I have been using you guys as the most reliable source of information available for Assassins creed 2.

I was wondering about a particular Item on the weapons list and wanted others opinions on it;
The Metal Cestus, listed in the small weapons category in the blacksmith shop. A cestus, to my understanding, is the oldworld equivelent to brass knuckles, but that seems an odd choice of armament for Ezio. anyone else have any thoughts on this?

bladencrowd
10-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Ezio hand to hand moves are far better/lethal than Altairs, so it makes sense.

PSH_Nagisa
10-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Ezio hand to hand moves are far better/lethal than Altairs, so it makes sense.

Yeah, I agree partially, but how can you carry a metal glove on your belt? or will it always be equipped? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

bladencrowd
10-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Probably always equipped.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Metal Glove is most likely to block sword attacks without having to equip the sword/shortsword.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Ezio has two bracers on his forearms for deflecting swords.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Ninja'd you. :P

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
No you didn't. I was responding to your post.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I stated the Metal Glove was for blocking sword attacks first, you then said it was for deflecting sword attacks after.

Ah forget it, haha.

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DizzyTMan:
I stated the Metal Glove was for blocking sword attacks first, you then said it was for deflecting sword attacks after.

Ah forget it, haha.

No kyle was talking bout the bracers not a metal glove

Yay 100 posts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
The fact remains that I read your post before making my own.

My point was that Ezio doesn't need a metal glove to block weapons because he has two bracers to do it.

In case you weren't aware, a bracer is a band around the wrist or forearm which often has metal plates attached to it for improved protection. In Ezio's case, he has plain metal plates on his right arm, and the assassin emblem on the left.

EDIT: OH GOD, THE IRONY! Tony just became a ninja.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Ooh, haha, aight I see.

What Metal Glove are we talking about? I thought the Metal Glove was the gauntlets he wears (please tell me he wears gauntlets, or is it just the bracers?)

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 12:07 PM
We haven't seen him wear any gauntlets. The only hand gear that we've seen Ezio wearing is a leather glove on his right hand.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Argh, It'd be better if he had metal gauntlets to deflect sword attacks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Wait, what am I saying, you can buy gauntlets, haha.

General_Lekauf
10-25-2009, 02:10 PM
if you have metal armour you get a metal glove instead of a leather one its in one of the screen shots with ezio in the master assassin outfit and metal armour looking out on the city from a high reach piont it looks like

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Yep yep. I totally forgot you could buy gauntlets, haha.

Cornik22
10-25-2009, 02:15 PM
There is a metal gauntlet, but you can't buy it per se. It is added automatically when you buy metal vambraces.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4868/guante.jpg (http://img32.imageshack.us/i/guante.jpg/)

You can see it here in the master assasin figure.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3517/guante2.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/guante2.jpg/)

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I assume that Ezio will only be able to carry one small weapon at a time. If the metal gauntlet wasn't going to be considered a piece of armor than they would have put it in a new division of weapons because Ezio should still be able to use a dagger, or "small weapon" while he is wearing that.

Cornik22
10-25-2009, 02:33 PM
The most logical thing is that you can carry only a small weapon and a heavy weapon at the same time, plus the throwings knives, hidden gun, and hidden blades (in a similar way to AC1).

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
That's what I was saying. The point is that if that gauntlet is considered a small weapon than it wouldn't make sense that Ezio couldn't also have a dagger at his side because it looks like he could easily use one while wearing that gauntlet.

com199
10-25-2009, 02:52 PM
The most logical thing is that you can carry only a small weapon and a heavy weapon at the same time, plus the throwings knives, hidden gun, and hidden blades (in a similar way to AC1).
In some of the videos, you can see to long swords type things on his belt.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
That's what I was saying. The point is that if that gauntlet is considered a small weapon than it wouldn't make sense that Ezio couldn't also have a dagger at his side because it looks like he could easily use one while wearing that gauntlet.

Armour and weapons are a different category. Why would the gauntlets count as a small weapon?

My guess is that you can carry:

1 Longsword
1 Shortsword/Dagger
Hidden Blades/Poison Blade
Hidden Gun
Throwing Knives

com199
10-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DizzyTMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

Armour and weapons are a different category. Why would the gauntlets count as a small weapon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats what he was talking about? Of course gloves don't count as weapons, those are not gloves anyway, those are vambraces. they don't go all the way around his fingers or hand. or vanguards, don't remember wich

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Gauntlets are the big ones that cover the top of your hands. Vanguards/Braces are the ones that go round your wrists.

Ezio has gauntlets.

Cornik22
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
In some of the videos, you can see to long swords type things on his belt
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but in almost all the videos Ezio is carrying a sword (big weapon) and a dagger (small weapon) on his belt, proving what Im saying.

My guess is that you can carry: 1 Longsword 1 Shortsword 1 Dagger
I dont know what you mean with "short sword", but Ive never seen him carrying 3 weapons on his belt. There are only 2 types of weapons he can carry (apart from hidden blades, hidden gun and throwing knives): big (swords, hammers and axes) and small (daggers and knives).

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In some of the videos, you can see to long swords type things on his belt
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but in almost all the videos Ezio is carrying a sword (big weapon) and a dagger (small weapon) on his belt, proving what Im saying.

My guess is that you can carry: 1 Longsword 1 Shortsword 1 Dagger
I dont know what you mean with "short sword", but Ive never seen him carrying 3 weapons on his belt. There are only 2 types of weapons he can carry (apart from hidden blades, hidden gun and throwing knives): big (swords, hammers and axes) and small (daggers and knives). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, crap. My bad lol. 1 longsword and 1 shortsword/dagger.

I got mixed up, haha.

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/101/1015908/assassins-creed-ii-20090819095306232.jpg

there is a blade thing on Ezio's back which means you dont just carry things on your belt

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 05:43 PM
That's probably for his shortsword.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
That is an old picture, it's likely been edited out of the game. The fact that we haven't seen it in any of the gameplay videos should be sufficient to say it's not in the final game.

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
That is an old picture, it's likely been edited out of the game. The fact that we haven't seen it in any of the gameplay videos should be sufficient to say it's not in the final game.

you never know though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif it could be in the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i hope it is

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
We 100% know that he's going to be able to carry one longsword and one shortsword/dagger though.

PSH_Nagisa
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
I wasnt talking about his gauntlets at all. in the small weapons section of the blacksmith in Dev Diary 5 it shows a "Metal" Cestus as a purchasable weapon. a Cestus is a roman Boxing glove, often with metal spikes on it...

DeSabellis
11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by PSH_Nagisa:
I wasnt talking about his gauntlets at all. in the small weapons section of the blacksmith in Dev Diary 5 it shows a "Metal" Cestus as a purchasable weapon. a Cestus is a roman Boxing glove, often with metal spikes on it...

I can assure you there is a video of him wearing them, but they look more like brass knuckles. I'll try to find the exact one, and it is just on his gloved right hand.

Rogue4152
11-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by DeSabellis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PSH_Nagisa:

I can assure you there is a video of him wearing them, but they look more like brass knuckles. I'll try to find the exact one, and it is just on his gloved right hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the screenshots thread, PSH_Nagisa posted caps from the recent dev diary.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2luul20.jpg

Notice on the table that is mostly daggers, or i guess jsut small weapons, there is a gauntlet.

caswallawn_2k7
11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
the gauntlet would probably be a brass knuckles type weapon from the look of it.

Gazman16
11-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I get the feeling the single dagger will be the purists choice. As the notable assassin Leon says "The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."

Although I feel a short hammer will have a special place in my armoury...

caswallawn_2k7
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm hoping for being able to do it with fist fights, the hidden blades and stolen weapons.

dont really want to be carrying my own weapons but guess we will have to wait and see how it play's out before we see if we can or not.

bladencrowd
11-15-2009, 08:36 AM
New weapons from this
http://www.youtube.com/user/zw...#p/a/u/0/Rn1S_-LzYN8 (http://www.youtube.com/user/zwoooooosh#p/a/u/0/Rn1S_-LzYN8)

bladencrowd
11-15-2009, 08:54 AM
I guess we won't know the capabilities of axes and spears http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif .

Foppezao
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
What i would really like to see in DLC or AC3 is the urumi, like the daggertail in PoP3...A combination of a whip and a sword..