PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed 4

shabazec
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
hi everyone. I am pretty sure everyone is looking forward , just waiting for brotherhood to release, i know i am. Well when i played the ac2 game i fell like Ezio was invincible sorry he is invincible . I felt ac 2 to b quiet disappointing . ezio is taught by various masters different skills like moving along with group , hiding ,etc... which were useless bcoz one can play the game without using the skills and still assassinate. it was pretty lame with the hiring the groups n using them. Now u must be wondering what made ac2 sell like hot cakes ? it was ac 1 . man that game is awesome . there r no lame things in it was great . Altair times r much good for games than ezio. Ac3 could have been based on altair and Templars. I dont know what reviews ubisoft got bout ac2 they thought to continue with the lame invincible ezio. Altair was awesome.. hope to Altair in Ac4 With Some Great story like Great War between Assasins and templars whose history was lost in Time.
Even IF THEY PLAN TO MAKE AC4 , IT WILL BE DONE AFTER GAP 3 OR 4 YEARS.

MolochXX
09-07-2010, 06:25 PM
What?

Sinore_Assassin
09-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Brotherhood isnt even out and your thinknig about the forth? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yapster11
09-07-2010, 06:35 PM
AC2 was WAAAAY better than AC1. The mechanics were better, the story was more developed, the cities were larger and also more developed, and there was actually a map on the gps. The people that you can hire make the game more fun. The only problem with AC2 was the fighting system, much too defensive. They seem to have fixed it in ACB so this game will most likely be even better than AC2.

On a side note: ACB is NOT AC3.

Oatkeeper
09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Yapster11:
AC2 was alright and improved a bit on AC1 while nerfing some of the best elements. The mechanics were better, the story was more involved in the missions, the cities were larger. The people that you can hire make the game interesting. The biggest problem with AC2 was the fighting system, much too spammy and easy. They seem to have not completely fixed it in ACB so this game will likely drift further from stealth and escape.

On a side note: ACB is NOT AC3.

fixed

I could throw in some nasty things about AC2 but ive preached my issues on it to death, AC2 was a great game and fixed the issues with AC1 but also nerfed the best elements of AC1 in the process.

X10J
09-07-2010, 10:26 PM
I concur.

magesupermaster
09-08-2010, 01:16 AM
The main series would be a trilogy.

No more, no less...

EzioAssassin51
09-08-2010, 02:50 AM
And this should be closed

Please use the search feature and post in one of the existing threads, one is even stickied http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JohnConnor2012
09-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Agree with MSM: AC3 will be released in 2012 for reason. Pointless to continue thereafter.

cardeh
09-08-2010, 05:28 AM
I think For AC3 they should move to a new character ancestor, Altar was the Arabic ancestor Ezio was the Italian they should move to another like they did on the past two games maybe Persian since the games that made Ubisoft what it is today where the Price of Persia games.

On a side not: these forums should be fixed to make navigating a lot easier.

shabazec
09-08-2010, 05:37 AM
@JohnConnor2012............
dUDE AC3 IS BEING RELEASED IN NOV 2010 N NOT 2012 AND ALSO WORLD IS NOT GOIN TO END IN 2012. ITS JUST STORIES MADE UP TO SELL NOVELS BY DIFFERENT AUTRHORS

Caligula__
09-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by shabazec:
dUDE AC3 IS BEING RELEASED IN NOV 2010 N NOT 2012 AND ALSO WORLD IS NOT GOIN TO END IN 2012. ITS JUST STORIES MADE UP TO SELL NOVELS BY DIFFERENT AUTRHORS

AC3 is NOT Brotherhood!!!!!!!!!

it goes: Assassin's Creed 1 (Altair), Assassin's Creed 2 (Ezio), Assassin's Creed (2.5) Brotherhood (Ezio again)

For each new Assassin's Creed game that has a new number eg. 1, 2, 3, 4 ect. ect. there is a new ancestor

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I think people need a reminder of what a sequel is. A sequel, which AC Brotherhood is, is the continuation of a story line or character.

The Story Line isn't Altair or Ezio. The Story Line is Desmond and Abstergo(sp).

That means that we have AC1, AC2 and now coming out in November is AC3. The next game will be AC4 and the one after that will be AC5 and continue with the numbering system until it's no longer made.

Given that I will call the game coming out AC3 and do so proudly.

Really, who gives a crap what the game is called and what number you attach to it?

magesupermaster
09-08-2010, 10:33 AM
It matters!

Never call AC: Brotherhood AC3! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

And the main series would be a trilogy!!!

No more, no less!

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm calling it AC3, and I'm now going to change my signature to relfect that.

If that is a problem, deal with it.

Murcuseo
09-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

Really, who gives a crap what the game is called and what number you attach to it?

That's a couple of lines of irony right there, contridictadoublestandardism!

Going by your logic, if you're going to give every Assassins Creed game a number based of the order they're released and whether or not Desmond was in it I think AC:B should be AC4 or something seeing as there's been Chronicles and Bloodlines, only Bloodlines played as Desmond so Chronicles doesn't count. That's your logic not mine by the way.

The fact is it's up to Ubisoft what the games are called, AC:B is not AC3 purely on the fact it has a B at the end... not a 3.

If they bring out the one after AC:B and it's called AC4 then you can assume AC:B was AC3. But, if it's released as AC3 then AC:B obviously wasn't AC3.

I can vaguely remember one of the developers saying AC:B wasn't AC3 in an interview so I think I'll take his word rather than anyones on here.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I haven't typed that much nonsense in a while, that was fun.

PhiIs1618033
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I think people need a reminder of what a sequel is. A sequel, which AC Brotherhood is, is the continuation of a story line or character.

The Story Line isn't Altair or Ezio. The Story Line is Desmond and Abstergo(sp).

That means that we have AC1, AC2 and now coming out in November is AC3. The next game will be AC4 and the one after that will be AC5 and continue with the numbering system until it's no longer made.

That's just (excuse me) ******ed. You don't call '2 fast 2 furious' 'the fast and the furious 2', now do you? A game's name (and number!) is decided upon by the developers and then that's the game's name. As we KNOW AC3 is going to come out in 2012 (probably), calling AC:B AC3 will lead to nothing but confusion.
It's just stubborn and rather ignorant to call Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Assassins Creed III, just because you think it's a full blown sequel.

JohnConnor2012
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
@Shabazec: Thanks for your considered opinion (esp. the caps), but AC's world is going to end in 2012.

fossa1995
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
If it's confirmed to be a triology then send me a link please.Until that i will believe it's gonna ba a AC4 and BTW it's called AC:B

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
There are only 3 Assassin Creed's games that I know about.

AC1, AC2, and now AC3, or AC Brotherhood.

I have yet to hear any developer not say it's called AC3 or that there will be a future game called AC3.

Just like the TES series that Bethesda does, which is now up to TES IV, you can have different names but people still call Oblivion TES IV and now people are waiting for TES V.

This is the 3rd installment of the game, it's a stand alone game and not an add-on. Given that I call it AC3.

You can call it AC Brotherhood if you want but AC3 is still an acceptable name.

By the way, I don't care for mainstream and I don't "Follow the Crowd". Until a developer comes along and bans "AC3" I will continue to use it.

magesupermaster
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Even the developers said AC: Brotherhood is not AC3!

Why do you keep denying it?

And Patrice Desilets said the main series would be a trilogy on an old interview..

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
Even the developers said AC: Brotherhood is not AC3!

Why do you keep denying it?

And Patrice Desilets said the main series would be a trilogy on an old interview..

Where do the developers say that? Show me. I haven't seen it or heard it. As far as it being a trilogy, 1,2,3 is a trilogy just as much as anything else.

I'm sorry, but when people get all bent out of shape because someone uses AC3 that just makes me want to use it more...especially when I haven't seen anything of the contrary.

Again, the story is of Desmond and the Animus not Altair and Ezio. All 3 games are going to have the same main theme, Desmond, Lucy, the Animus.

AC3 is a much simplier acronym to use and is just as appropriate since this is the 3rd installment of the game.

The only ones I've seen telling people it's not AC3 are the forum members who are getting bent out of shape over an acronym.

magesupermaster
09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure which video or where but it's out there...

I know that the real hero and main protagonist of the series is Desmond, but each game focuses on a different hero.

AC3 may be simpler but it is incorrect.

Go ask Gabe on twitter(If you use twitter) if the game is really "AC 2.5" and not AC3.

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure which video or where but it's out there...

I know that the real hero and main protagonist of the series is Desmond, but each game focuses on a different hero.

AC3 may be simpler but it is incorrect.

Go ask Gabe on tweeter(If you use tweeter) if the game is really "AC 2.5" and not AC3.

Talk about incorrect, it's call Twitter. However I'm sure you know that already. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In any case, AC 2.5 is just plain assinine and I would never call it that even if it was the official name.

I just can't understand why AC3 is incorrect when it's the 3rd installment of the game, it's not the 2.5 installment. It's not an addon. It's a FULL BLOWN GAME. Just because it picks up with Ezio's story where it left off doesn't mean it's not AC3. What happens if AC4 picks up where AC3 leaves off, I guess that'll be AC 2.75 or maybe AC 2.55.

I'm sorry, but to get bent out of shape over an an acronym is really stupid to me.

I'll just leave it at that, as it's obvious people are really picky about acronyms.

You know I'm going to add something else real quick. It's like what happend with Half Life. You have Half Life 1, Half Life 2 and then some ignorant person, or people, decided to release 2 episodes instead of making a full blown Half Life 3.

I guess we can call AC Brotherhood AC2 - Episode 2 if you want to be REALLY ACURATELY CORRECT.

Nah, AC3 is fine with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magesupermaster
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Fixed it...

If you don't want to call it 2.5 then call it Broterhood but not AC3.

Then I guess:

AC: AT=AC1
AC=AC2
AC: Bloodlines=AC3
AC2=AC4
AC: Discovery=AC5
AC: Brotherhood=AC6
AC3=AC7

Happy?

SupremeCaptain
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Frankie, will AC3 be AC4 for you, then?

Caligula__
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't think the Assassin's Creed games will end in Assassin's Creed 3 (NOT Brotherhood but the one after) I think this because at the back of my mind I remember hearing that Desmond has to go around to all the temples of The Ones Who Came Before and like fix em up so the solar flare that's coming towards Earth won't kill everything

LCGuardian
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I personally have no issues with the way the devs have characterised ACB as an AC installment but not the true AC3. Obviously, we will need to wait for the game's release before any absolute conclusions can be drawn, but my impression is that ACB is a companion game for AC2 rather than the full continuation of the AC franchise.

Since seeing the original announcement for the AC Episodes game back at the start of this year (which eventually became ACB), the analogy I've always liked is to compare ACB with Crysis Warhead. Warhead was a full game on its own, had a full multiplayer included in the package and didn't require the original Crysis to run. But its a companion game for Crysis, not Crysis 2. I haven't seen anyone saying that Crysis 2 should properly be regarded as Crysis 3 because of the presence of Warhead. How is ACB any different?

Chris199930
09-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Fixed it...

If you don't want to call it 2.5 then call it Broterhood but not AC3.

Then I guess:

AC: AT=AC1
AC=AC2
AC: Bloodlines=AC3
AC2=AC4
AC: Discovery=AC5
AC: Brotherhood=AC6
AC3=AC7

Happy?
And AC:LL=AC 8
It reminds me of the final fantasy series.

magesupermaster
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
^Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I forgot AC: LL... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Chris199930
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
^Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I forgot AC: LL... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
No problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

nukelukespuke34
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Lawl, FrankieSatt is either an idiot or a troll. What are you gonna do when the next installment of Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood is announced, and they call it "ASSASSIN'S CREED III?"

He's probably gonna be like "NO! That's not AC3! That's AC4! I dont' care what the devs call it, its AC4! Everyone is wrong (including Ubisoft) and I'm right!!"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Murcuseo
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM

I have yet to hear any developer not say it's called AC3 or that there will be a future game called AC3.

Ask and yee shall recieve, there's others aswell... I'll post them when I find them.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Interview with Ubisoft's Jean-Francois Boivin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY3ReEyExCk&hd=1)

Listen carefully between 0:22 and 1:16. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

What are you gona call AC3 when it comes out?

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

What is coming out in November is AC3, the 3rd installment of the series. The next game is AC4, the 4th installment of the series.

Really, it's not all that hard to understand.

I don't know what Bloodlines or Discovery or LL is. They aren't XBox games, or PS3 games. I don't call games on hand helds part of the series, if these are hand held games, as I don't consider the hand held devices as consoles.

Anyway, I find it really hilarious that people are getting so upset with someone calling it AC3 when I have yet to see or hear anyone from Ubisoft say otherwise. Even if they did, it doesn't chhange the fact that this is the 3rd installment of the game. It's not an add-on. It's a FULL BLOWN GAME. That means it's AC3.

SupremeCaptain
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

What is coming out in November is AC3, the 3rd installment of the series. The next game is AC4, the 4th installment of the series.

I don't know what Bloodlines or Discovery or LL is. They aren't XBox games, or PS3 games. I don't call games on hand helds part of the series, if these are hand held games, as I don't consider the hand held devices as consoles.

Anyway, I find it really hilarious that people are getting so upset with someone calling it AC3 when I have yet to see or hear anyone from Ubisoft say otherwise. Even if they did, it doesn't chhange the fact that this is the 3rd installment of the game. It's not an add-on. It's a FULL BLOWN GAME. That means it's AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So to you it's:

AC1 = AC1
AC2 = AC2
ACB: = AC3
AC3 = AC4

... So you'll class the ACTUAL Assassin's Creed 3 game as the 4th one, despite it saying it is the 3rd?

D00CH
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

Anyway, I find it really hilarious that people are getting so upset with someone calling it AC3 when I have yet to see or hear anyone from Ubisoft say otherwise. Even if they did, it doesn't chhange the fact that this is the 3rd installment of the game. It's not an add-on. It's a FULL BLOWN GAME. That means it's AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao you're stupid... it's not assassins creed 3... just think of like *******.. There was a 2.5... this is pretty much 2.5

Brotherhood = 2.5..

It's not 3 everyone is telling you the truth but you are being a little child about it and keep thinking that everything you say is what is... which it's not.. Just give up.. this game is NOT assassins creed 3... They're making assassins creed 3 i believe next year or something.. but go ahead and still act like a child and believe what only you go by ok.. but everyone knows this is 2.5 and NOT 3

Murcuseo
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Anyway, I find it really hilarious that people are getting so upset with someone calling it AC3 when I have yet to see or hear anyone from Ubisoft say otherwise. Even if they did, it doesn't chhange the fact that this is the 3rd installment of the game. It's not an add-on. It's a FULL BLOWN GAME. That means it's AC3.

Ironically you seem to be the one with the problem, the proof is there that it's not AC3 yet you refuse to give the game it's credited title. Credited by the developers that actually made the game and gave it its title. Just because you have a strong opinion on what the title should be doesn't make you right.

AC:B is AC:B, you deal with it.

It's like trying to talk to a religious nutcase about evolution.

You can call it whatever the hell you want but you'll be wrong and continue to be just as wrong.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

cptsulkes
09-08-2010, 05:12 PM
dUDE AC3 IS BEING RELEASED IN NOV 2010 N NOT 2012 AND ALSO WORLD IS NOT GOIN TO END IN 2012. ITS JUST STORIES MADE UP TO SELL NOVELS BY DIFFERENT AUTRHORS if u pay attention ACB is not AC3, in fact if I recall ACB was meant to be an add on(I think) and then changed to an actual game. Even though it is the third game in the sequal it is not Assassins creed 3, If you watch G4 you would know that...and I would say the next AC game would be in 2011-2012, and it should feature a male player and a female playable character in story, lots of my friends that are girls play this game.

Silkyn
09-08-2010, 05:28 PM
There are only 3 Assassin Creed's games that I know about.

AC1, AC2, and now AC3, or AC Brotherhood.

Just like the TES series that Bethesda does, which is now up to TES IV, you can have different names but people still call Oblivion TES IV and now people are waiting for TES V.

This is the 3rd installment of the game, it's a stand alone game and not an add-on. Given that I call it AC3.

You can call it AC Brotherhood if you want but AC3 is still an acceptable name.

By the way, I don't care for mainstream and I don't "Follow the Crowd". Until a developer comes along and bans "AC3" I will continue to use it.

actually the Devs have said it's not Assassins creed 3, and the reason there not calling it that is cause there sticking with Ezio in ACB, they thought if they named it AC3 everyone would expect a new Main character.

So anyway feel free to use it I guess but don't start a flame war or anything. . .

shabazec
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by cptsulkes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shabazec:
dUDE AC3 IS BEING RELEASED IN NOV 2010 N NOT 2012 AND ALSO WORLD IS NOT GOIN TO END IN 2012. ITS JUST STORIES MADE UP TO SELL NOVELS BY DIFFERENT AUTRHORS if u pay attention ACB is not AC3, in fact if I recall ACB was meant to be an add on(I think) and then changed to an actual game. Even though it is the third game in the sequal it is not Assassins creed 3, If you watch G4 you would know that...and I would say the next AC game would be in 2011-2012, and it should feature a male player and a female playable character in story, lots of my friends that are girls play this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for the correction. The name doesnt matter to me as long as its a good Game with good characters , story and graphics. aC2 WAS all greeny looking. while ac1 was balanced in every way.

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by shabazec:Thanks for the correction. The name doesnt matter to me as long as its a good Game with good characters , story and graphics. aC2 WAS all greeny looking. while ac1 was balanced in every way.

Not sure what you mean "greeny". I though AC2 was far superior to AC1, not only in the graphics department but the overall game play.

shabazec
09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I got one more story for Ac3 or Ac4(whatever), releasing in 2012. They should have the main Character to take assassination contracts and visit different countries around the world , fight different armies, assassinate kings, knights, etc.. Meet up with creed members around the world. i got more but have to go now

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I got one more story for Ac3 or Ac4(whatever), releasing in 2012. They should have the main Character to take assassination contracts and visit different countries around the world , fight different armies, assassinate kings, knights, etc.. Meet up with creed members around the world. i got more but have to go now

I'm not sure if there should be another game. Once this whole story line with Desmond is done and Abstergo is destroyed, or all the people with the project eliminated, the series needs to end.

This is why I'm not really sure why they even introduced Desmond and the Animus to start with. Why not just have a game where you play Altair and then when you play Ezio and then when you play another assassin and go on from there.

Since you have Desmond and the Animus now you limited the Story Line to that and once it's over there is no need for the Animus anymore and no need for any more AC games.

EzioAssassin51
Lol, Frank said he is yet to hear developers deny it's AC3, right below the post where Robson gave him the interview that says it!

Did you even watch it Frank?
Or were you too scared of being proven wrong?

shabazec
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shabazec:Thanks for the correction. The name doesnt matter to me as long as its a good Game with good characters , story and graphics. aC2 WAS all greeny looking. while ac1 was balanced in every way.

Not sure what you mean "greeny". I though AC2 was far superior to AC1, not only in the graphics department but the overall game play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude play ac2 one more time with the word greeny in mind you ll get it

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Lol, Frank said he is yet to hear developers deny it's AC3, right below the post where Robson gave him the interview that says it!

Did you even watch it Frank?
Or were you too scared of being proven wrong?

Obviously they can't count over at UbiSoft because Brotherhood is the 3rd game. The next game will be the 4th game.

The excuse given is lame and makes no sense. I don't see Luca Films calling Starwars 1-6 Starwars 1, 1.1, 1.2 and so forth just because they are afraid someone isn't going to understand that the same character can be in numberous films with different names.

JohnConnor2012
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
^^ Wow - humiliating yourself in public raised to an Olympic level! Hardly worth arguing with though.

My view is that AC3 can't really end on a higher note than Dessie saving the world, but will concede that an AC3.5 is possible on a 'flogging a dead horse basis', just like there have been '5's for all others in the series so far. ACB is looking well above the standard of its predecessors so far, IMHO, so lets hope this last one (if it ever comes to be) will be too.

FrankieSatt
09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
^^ Wow - humiliating yourself in public raised to an Olympic level! Hardly worth arguing with though.

My view is that AC3 can't really end on a higher note than Dessie saving the world, but will concede that an AC3.5 is possible on a 'flogging a dead horse basis', just like there have been '5's for all others in the series so far. ACB is looking well above the standard of its predecessors so far, IMHO, so lets hope this last one (if it ever comes to be) will be too.

Simple Math 101.

When Brotherhood comes out there will be 3 games. 1, 2, 3.

Dispute that Math.

However, since everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over an acronym I'll drop it.

Just because someone says something doesn't always make it true even if they do work for UbiSoft.

JohnConnor2012
09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Good to se you've finally seen the error of your ways or I'd have had to have referred you back to SuperMageMaster's post one page previously about the numbering of sequels and suggested you take your own advice and 'do the math'. But you have now realised it doesn't add up, right?

EzioAssassin51
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
The excuse given is lame and makes no sense. I don't see Luca Films calling Starwars 1-6 Starwars 1, 1.1, 1.2 and so forth just because they are afraid someone isn't going to understand that the same character can be in numberous films with different names.

This is stupid! The Star Wars films are completely different from this and was a bad example!

You are an idiot mate.

You actually still believe it's 3 even though a developer himself said it wasn't? Now that is a level of ignorance i have never seen...

D00CH
09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh my god... this idiot is making me laugh in real life...

Now he's comparing all of this to "math"

Just like i said this game is a 2.5 not a 3.. yes it will be the 3rd game for consoles.. no it is not a 3rd game in the story... it's an add on... I don't think this guy will get the fact that he is wrong.... he's not going to listen guys just tell him he's right and then he'll feel better about himself.. then when Assassin's Creed 3 comes out he'll wish that he listened to us on the forums.

TheEpicWolf
09-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is an extension of AC2. The dev's have said that it is NOT AC3 and unless you know something that not even the devs know then you can't say that it is officially AC3.
This is a trilogy and although this is the 3rd game it doesn't mean it's the third and not only that it would not make sense as we have been told we will find out more about Desmond and the story in general. So if indeed this was AC3 then this would end the story. Brotherhood is the AC2.5 and not AC3, there's not amount of arguing you can do to change that.
I'm annoyed at myself for adding to this madness ! Hopefully a Mod closes this soon.

souNdwAve89
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is an extension of AC2. The dev's have said that it is NOT AC3 and unless you know something that not even the devs know then you can't say that it is officially AC3.
This is a trilogy and although this is the 3rd game it doesn't mean it's the third and not only that it would not make sense as we have been told we will find out more about Desmond and the story in general. So if indeed this was AC3 then this would end the story. Brotherhood is the AC2.5 and not AC3, there's not amount of arguing you can do to change that.
I'm annoyed at myself for adding to this madness ! Hopefully a Mod closes this soon.

Yup, you're right. A lot of uninformed people do not understand that the developers said so themselves that a numbered Assassin's Creed game is when they introduce a new ancestor of Desmond. AC: B is just another spin off because the ending of AC2 pretty much just left Ezio there in the vault. Look at Altair, who has 2 spin off games, it helped the fans understand what happened before and after AC1. AC: B is suppose to end the story of Ezio and to tie things that the fans can appreciate and close Ezio's life to a complete stop.

TheEpicWolf
09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:

Yup, you're right. A lot of uninformed people do not understand that the developers said so themselves that a numbered Assassin's Creed game is when they introduce a new ancestor of Desmond. AC: B is just another spin off because the ending of AC2 pretty much just left Ezio there in the vault. Look at Altair, who has 2 spin off games, it helped the fans understand what happened before and after AC1. AC: B is suppose to end the story of Ezio and to tie things that the fans can appreciate and close Ezio's life to a complete stop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i think if people understand that Ezio's story is going to wrap up in Brotherhood and Desmonds story is staying open to be closed in AC3 then there should be less confusion.
The whole argument seems so pointless though xD

windofpepsi
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif OMG I HAVE AN IDEA HOW ABOUT DESMOND DIES OR GOES INTO A COMA AND HE SEE PERHAPS 2 MORE ASSASSINS AND ALTAIIR OR/AND EZIO SONS

X10J
09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:

Simple Math 101.

When Brotherhood comes out there will be 3 games. 1, 2, 3.

Dispute that Math.

However, since everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over an acronym I'll drop it.

Just because someone says something doesn't always make it true even if they do work for UbiSoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its an abbrieviation not an acronym. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also: By your logic: The frosting on my cup cakes is often white with red trim. Altair's outfit is also white with red trim. There for Altair should be named Cuppy Cake. Now, the story of AC1 is about Desmond and Cuppy Cake not the actual Creed. There for Assassin's Creed should be called The Adventures of Cuppy Cake and his Modern Decendant.

Oatkeeper
09-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Im loving this. Frankiesatt must be one of the best trolls I have seen in months.

Lets go over the list shall we:
- He refuses to acknowledge AC:B =/= AC3 even though we have quotes of various devs saying so.
- He Fails to acknowledge portable games as canon, which they are. even if most of them are not very good.
- He claims AC2 was nothing but an improvement over AC1 when the mission structure, abilities, and a few other elements where all that was improved while the social stealth, escape, and freedom, and arguably combat (all very important parts of the game if not the) where severely nerfed.
- He references star wars, a series that has an insane side stories that comprises of, TV series, comics, novels, video games, and even side-story MOVIES.

anyone who can contradict themselves this much MUST be a troll, Or at least a total idiot.

LCGuardian
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Since you have Desmond and the Animus now you limited the Story Line to that and once it's over there is no need for the Animus anymore and no need for any more AC games.

You say that as if its a bad thing, Frankie. I personally think its a pretty good idea. Good ideas get stale if they are overused. This way the AC storyline and franchise can end at a reasonable point, before it reaches the situation where its being milked for profits alone (COD anyone?). That said, some ideas are killed before their time (the original Splinter Cell gameplay for example), but far too many are overdone.

Edit: Let's just be clear this is my opinion alone. I know there are a lot of people who would like to see AC continue for a long time, and fair enough. I'm just not one of them.

PlagueDoctor357
09-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Anyway

Who really cares what he wants to call it? It's like people who don't understand the Grand theft autos. Which is a way better comparison than star wars.

GTAV won't be out next. It'll be GTA something or other.

Just like in 2012 in november we'll have the release of straight up Assasins Creed 3.

With a big huge 3 on it just like the second games 2.

Done deal.

Also, AC1 was just cooler because Altair was cooler I think. The time and way they talk in the game just is awesome.

I remember LOVING AC2 and LOVING the opening scene with Ezio at the ceiling but I felt deep down I just KNEW I didn't like it as much.

Im hoping whatever outfit they decide they're "changing" Desmond into this time isn't some cheesy ugly thing.

I have high hopes for a modern looking assassin saying modern things stomping some bum.

magesupermaster
09-09-2010, 01:32 AM
He thinks the Animus is useless...
The Animus, to me is no more than a plot key(And a cool device).

I agree with Oathkeeper. There is a chahce he is a troll but has he trolled before on this forums?
Does anyone remember him?

I wonder when will the next religious man/woman would stumble upon our humble forums...

Murcuseo
09-09-2010, 02:14 AM

Obviously they can't count over at UbiSoft because Brotherhood is the 3rd game. The next game will be the 4th game.

I'm sorry to have to point this out once again but there has been numerous other releases in the AC franchise outside of the 3 main ones. So your theory of numerousy is a bit off. I guess your counting skills aren't exactly up to par either. Either that or you choose to ignore the things that make your point invalid, which I've seen you do on many occasions during this debate.

The fact still remains, it's up to Ubisoft to give their releases a title and by all accounts AC3 is going to be the one after AC:B. You sticking to your principals is just gona make you look like a moron. Although having said that, it seems a lot of people have already made that assumption.

EzioAssassin51
09-09-2010, 04:43 AM
I wonder when will the next religious man/woman would stumble upon our humble forums...

Me too.

We're about due for another one...

magesupermaster
09-09-2010, 04:47 AM
^ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Mr_Shade
09-09-2010, 04:51 AM
As already posted - please use the existing thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

At present due to a forum error, I can not move any of the replies - so please repost any you feel important into the thread above.

Sorry for the inconvenience.